Why People Seek Solace In Gods.

Jasper10

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2024 02:22 am
@Jasper10,
Atheists and Theists reject a devil (god) who might exist.
The Anointed

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2024 03:21 am
@steve reid,
Quote:
Not so fast pal, I only get the choice if I have free will,

And FREE-WILL you have my friend.

He is the FIRST and the LAST
The BEGINNING and END
The ALPHA and OMEGA
The FATHER and the SON,

According to the believer such as myself. 'He who encompasses the entire life of mankind knows everything that you have dune according to your own free will and knows also, everything that you have been forced to do against your will by a superior and stronger being.'

According to the disbeliever such as yourself. There is no God who knows what you have done before you have done it and so say to yourself. 'All that I do, I do by choice, unless forced to do it against my will by a superior and stronger being.'

So, we both believe in the free will of mankind.'

Or could it be that you believe in a God who knows everything you have ever done and will ever do and therefore believe that you have no choice in anything that you do or will ever do. YES or NO.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2024 04:15 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Quote:
Of all the possible punishments these gods can mete out...giving one "eternal life" is the worst. It is any sane person's nightmare. I would hope I am never punished that way.

Well Frank, this is the way that it is, you are a triad being consisting of Body, Soul, and Spirit. The body, which is created from the universal elements is corruptible and immortal and must return to the elements from which it is created, this is called 'The First Death', which all physical life forms must eventually experience.

While the Spirit is the invisible mind which is YOU, the personality that develops within the body from the senses of the body and is imprinted into the Soul which is the eternal universal divine animating principle.

Behind the veil of the flesh within the innermost sanctuary of that body, dwells the evolving spirit of man and if that body were born without the senses of hearing, sight, smell, taste, touch, etc, then no information whatsoever could be taken into the brain, and “YOU” who are spirit [Gathered information] could never have begun to develop and the living body, in which the evolving spirit of ‘The Son of Man’ dwells, would soon die, never having developed a personality or “CONTROLLING GODHEAD” to that body.

When the body in which you [the mind] are being formed, dies, [This is the first death] and your body of “skin, flesh, muscle, blood, bone, brain matter Etcetera, Etcetera,” has returned to the universal elements from which it was created, all that remains, is a shadow or rather, a facsimile of YOU, the mind or spirit, that has been imprinted into the universal life force or soul, which returns to ‘THE GREAT THOUGHT,’ [The collective consciousness of all that exists] from which it will be resurrected, either to eternal life or eternal death, 'The Second Death,' which is that of the mind and I am sure that once you have experienced the new world and the glory that awaits, you will not see eternal life as a punishment.

But even if your body and mind are both destroyed, your eternal soul will be given a new body of some sort in which a new mind will develop, for it is written ‘All souls are prepared to eternity.'

What you should have started that commentary with is..."Well, Frank, this is the way that I blindly guess it is."

You may be all wet on that.

In any case, the one thing I do not want is eternal life. I am quite satisfied with the life I've had. It has been a very satisfying life, but at my current age (87) it is almost over, and that is no problem for me.

In fact, as I alluded to earlier, I cannot understand why anyone wants "eternal life."
The Anointed

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2024 05:00 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
In any case, the one thing I do not want is eternal life.

After you have experienced the first death and finally accept that there really is the prospect of eternal life, if then you still choose eternal death, then the second death will be your reward.

What is that body that gave to you birth?
Is it nothing but elements taken from earth?
Or was it created from the spirits and souls
Of your ancestors who, are from times that are old?
Believe as you will, but remember this verse,
When your coffin is placed in the back of the hearse;
The reward that the mind must surely receive
Is that which the mind (Not in the hearse) believes....... The Anointed
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2024 05:04 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Quote:
In any case, the one thing I do not want is eternal life.

After you have experienced the first death and finally accept that there really is the prospect of eternal life, if then you still choose eternal death, then the second death will be your reward.

What is that body that gave to you birth?
Is it nothing but elements taken from earth?
Or was it created from the spirits and souls
Of your ancestors who, are from times that are old?
Believe as you will, but remember this verse,
When your coffin is placed in the back of the hearse;
The reward that the mind must surely receive
Is that which the mind (Not in the hearse) believes....... The Anointed

You share some interesting blind guesses about the REALITY...and seem to suggest that your guesses cannot be wrong.

I wonder how many of the guesses are on the money?
Jasper10

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2024 06:00 am
@Jasper10,
As Atheists and Theists reject a devil (god) who might exist it doesn’t matter whether a God exists or not.

Atheists and Theists admit that mankind is 100% responsible for all atrocities that have and will happen throughout history.

steve reid

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2024 06:06 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:
And FREE-WILL you have my friend.

For a long time I assumed I did, now I don't know but lean towards no free will

The Anointed wrote:
According to the believer such as myself. 'He who encompasses the entire life of mankind knows everything that you have dune according to your own free will and knows also, everything that you have been forced to do against your will by a superior and stronger being.'

Fair enough

The Anointed wrote:
According to the disbeliever such as yourself. There is no God who knows what you have done before you have done it......

Correct

The Anointed wrote:
......and so say to yourself. 'All that I do, I do by choice, unless forced to do it against my will by a superior and stronger being.'

Wrong, I don't do things by choice, I have no choice, what I have is the illusion of choice, everything including the workings of the brain is cause and effect, how do you jump out of or break free from cause and effect.

The Anointed wrote:
So, we both believe in the free will of mankind.'

You do, I'm unconvinced

The Anointed wrote:
Or could it be that you believe in a God who knows everything you have ever done and will ever do and therefore believe that you have no choice in anything that you do or will ever do. YES or NO.

I can't give a Yes or No answer to that loaded question. To the first half "No, I don't believe in God", which makes second part irrelevant
Jasper10

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2024 07:50 am
@Jasper10,
Atheists;Theists and Agnostics know that that humankind committed 100% of all atrocities that have happened or will happen throughout history and have the free will to admit it and they do admit it.
Jasper10

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2024 12:22 am
@Jasper10,
Atheism and Theism is about the acceptance or rejection of a God not belief or unbelief in a God,

The Anointed

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2024 12:46 am
@steve reid,
Quote:
Wrong, I don't do things by choice, I have no choice, what I have is the illusion of choice,

Nope, you do have choice my friend. You do not have the illusion of choice, what you do have, is the delusion that you have no choice. 'Honestly Your Honour I had no choice in the matter, it was cause and effect that made me do it.' And in your delusional state, you believe that will exonerate yourself from blame for your wrongful actions. The devil made me do it.
Jasper10

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2024 12:48 am
@Jasper10,
Even a devil could believe in a God.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2024 12:57 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
You share some interesting blind guesses about the REALITY...and seem to suggest that your guesses cannot be wrong.

87 years old, fair dinkim, ah well , in only a few years you will be able to cease your wondering. Catch ya later Frank.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2024 02:36 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Quote:

87 years old, fair dinkim, ah well , in only a few years you will be able to cease your wondering. Catch ya later Frank.

So...how many of your blind guesses do you think are on the money?
Jasper10

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2024 02:41 am
@The Anointed,
These Atheists keep going on about illusions. Why?

Equal but Opposite electromagnetic force interaction ABSOLUTES do not cancel out in the cosmos so their starting philosophy is incorrect and does not apply to any of the sciences.
Jasper10

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2024 03:18 am
@Jasper10,
As equal but opposite electromagnetic push/pull forces do not cancel out between any 2 SPINNING OBJECTS in the cosmos then this is definitive proof that +=- and -=+ philosophy, which the whole of science is founded upon is incorrect and this is the reason why consciousness cannot be explained.

The electromagnetic fields which saturate the cosmos were in place before any big bangs and big crunches and these fields are the cause of spin of all objects in the cosmos at both the macro and micro levels. All these objects have N and S poles.

All spinning objects in the cosmos at both the macro and micro levels are interacting with other spinning objects in their vicinity due to the push/pull nature of N and S pole interactions of which there are 4 types NN;NS;SN;SS

All these push/pull force interactions are vibratory balanced out by the overall united formula for the cosmos which is +/-=+/-

This united formula for the 4 off possible interactions is the reason all matter is held together and explains how binary code is produced which nature adopts for communication purposes.

The energy associated with these equal but opposite electromagnetic push/pull forces are conserved because these forces are vibratory balanced out between all matter.

Different parts of the overall cosmos are compressed and stretched (multiple big bangs/big crunches) but the overall equal but opposite electromagnetic forces which unite all matter in the cosmos always find a vibratory balanced state.

Matter doesn’t have mass because all matter is in a levitated stated due to equal but opposite electromagnetic forces in the cosmos being vibratory balanced out. Mass is not a factor in explaining the science of the cosmos therefore.

The theory of relativity is made up nonsense that is founded upon an incorrect atheistic starting philosophy.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2024 04:35 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

blind guesses, what you talkin bout old mate.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2024 07:27 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
These Atheists keep going on about illusions. Why?

Goes to show how little attention you pay to what Frank says. He says he doesn't know enough to say there is or isn't and anyone claiming to know either way is only guessing.

What I say is G*D isn't about knowing, he's about believing. You can't know - you have to believe.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2024 08:57 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Quote:

blind guesses, what you talkin bout old mate.

Let's start with your blind guess that a GOD exists.
0 Replies

steve reid

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2024 10:27 pm
The Anointed wrote:
Obviously, the reason that you have found no evidence for a creator God, is because you have never seriously looked. Undoubtedly you can see the intelligent design in the International Space Station, but are totally blind to the wonderful design in the creation of the beautiful butterfly .

I find it more logical to accept the butterfly* was created by natural forces, than accept a God who just magic'd himself into existence or as you would have me believe is eternal.

* The butterfly wasn't created it evolved, it is the result of natural selection via millions of ancestors, the first ancestor being the step from non life to life.
The Anointed

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2024 03:08 am
@steve reid,
Quote:
The butterfly wasn't created it evolved

And you choose to believe that the beautiful butterfly evolved from the decomposed juices of a dead caterpillar do you Steve, can you prove that?

And if you cannot prove how the butterfly was supposed to have evolved, then as Frank says, you are only guessing my friend, and we know from your own words that you do not choose to believe in evolution without intelligent design, because you have no choice as to whether you believe or disbelieve, do you Steve.

Myself, unlike Frank or you, I do believe that the singularity of origin is made manifest in the universe that the singularity has become and is.

It is he that I call God and who I believe has evolved over the length of his existence which had no beginning and has no end.