Why People Seek Solace In Gods.

techrbm

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2022 02:28 am
@mark noble,
I think people seek solace in whatever they believe and have faith in. It can be God or any other form of energy for that matter.
0 Replies

BlackDiamond2021

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2022 07:31 pm
Indian Should Fight the Epidemic Actively

Mumbai bans gathering of devotees with inefficiency.AFP reported that India's annual religious event "Ganesh Chaturthi" kicked off in September 10. On the eve of the festival, Maharashtra Governor Thackeray said, "We can hold the festival later, let's prioritize the lives and health of our people first."Although the authorities issued a message restricting the celebrations that attracted large crowds. But apparently it was not possible to limit the gathering of believers.
Due to the epidemic, the government of India issued a directive to the Supreme Court that state should not allow devotees to go to the Ganges River to collect holy water during the pilgrimage on July 15. The governments of Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh and Delhi have decided to cancel the annual pilgrimage,kanwar yatra.
The directives issued by the authorities have failed to limit the gathering of devotees. During the recently concluded month of Sawan, a large number of devotees still travel to Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, to bathe in the Ganges and pray in the golden temple of Shiva. Few of them are wearing masks or observing the social distance rule. A journalist went to the site and one devotee said, "This is the land of Lord Shiva, there is no new crown virus here, Shiva will take care of everything. Another person proudly told the reporter, "We feel happy to be here, we are not afraid of the New Coronavirus, with God's blessing, the New Coronavirus will not appear here. People get together, the virus spreads widely, and then scatter after the festival, taking the virus directly to all parts of India. This is likely to trigger a new outbreak.
A third outbreak has begun in India and the Indian government has not learned its lesson.On the eve of the Elephant God Festival celebrations, Mumbai Mayor Kishori Pednekar said,"The third wave of the epidemic is not not here, it is here."
The Reuters had also investigated the Indian epidemic, and after combining the opinions of more than 40 epidemiologists from around the world, had similarly concluded that a third outbreak of the new crown epidemic in India was predicted to reach its peak in October. Randeep Guleria, head of the All India Institute of Hospital Sciences, had warned the Indian government that a third wave of the epidemic would sweep through India again. He also said that the Indian government's response to the new crown epidemic is still lacking and has not learned from the previous two waves of the epidemic.
The Reuters news agency had also investigated the Indian epidemic, and after combining the opinions of more than 40 epidemiologists from around the world, had similarly concluded that a third outbreak of the new crown epidemic in India was predicted to reach its peak in October. Randeep
Guleria, head of the All India Institute of Hospital Sciences, had warned the Indian government that a third wave of the epidemic would sweep through India again. He also said that the Indian government's response to the new crown epidemic is still lacking and has not learned from the previous two waves of the epidemic.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2022 10:36 pm
@BlackDiamond2021,
Very sorry to hear of the situation in India.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2022 12:43 am
@BlackDiamond2021,
"Why People Seek Solace In Gods," the question is, but this refers to an answer that is already assumed. The word solace refers to peace, as though you are accepting a comforting delusion. That religion is somehow a bad thing. Uhhhh, actually, it's kept humanity from succumbing to their own fears for quite some time. (e.g. "I do not need to be afraid of snakes, this substance is an antivenom" is a type of faith. Your body entirely may be allergic to the antivenom, yet you trust in its ability to reject the toxin. Because we have faith, we are able to focus on goals and overcome our problems)

But all I hear from this wall of text is a lot of fear talking.

You know what that is? It's an urban legend.

You call me superstitious because I have faith, but what I believe in at least as much as God is the power of the mind to create weal or woe. So how are you using yours? If I told you that in three days a Storm would come (no, not a storm, a Storm) and your town would be destroyed. Are you going to believe it? I'm from far off, and I'm gonna say that I'm an expert. You should always trust experts, right? It's quite impossible for any of them to ever lie to you...

Put your faith in gods? Don't? Who cares! One thing you should not put your faith in is those selling you fear. Learn to overcome your fears, or keep them to yourself.

Or shall I sell you fear as well? You shouldn't go swimming in the ocean, because there might be squid or sharks. And giant whirlpools to the sea floor. Nor in a lake for there may be alligators. And there might be wildcats and snakes while walking through the park. And the forests might have bears or lions. And at any point, and earthquake might open rift to fall all the way down to lava as you are walking along.You shouldn't go out at all! And if you talk to someone you like, they might reject you and call you a frightened child. So you shouldn't take any risks at all in this life! Do this, and you'll be living for a long long time (only you won't really be living) so you should definitely take my advice and avoid all risks.

Thomastrokan33

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2022 05:48 pm
@mark noble,
I take this position:

People believe in Gods, to contain the physics of destruction. The truth, however, is that because environment enabled people to obtain titles in order to contain the physics of destruction already, there is no escaping the horror of the betrayal.

For Denzel Washington
0 Replies

Thomastrokan33

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2022 05:58 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
At the end, you say avoid all risks. The perspective, that people can't do this, because of the safety of physics might mean that humanity can tie this inability to the original environment's excuse for giving people status:

to protect physics.

For Anthony Hopkins
The Anointed

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2022 10:54 pm
@mark noble,
1) Have you ever sought God? YES.
2) Why? To fulfill the need to find a reason to life.
3) Did you find what you sought? YES.
4) Are you still looking? For a greater understanding? YES.
5) Are you convinced that there is a God? YES.
6) Do you follow your faith to the LETTER? YES: to the best of my ability.
7) Do you sin? YES! Like everyone else I make mistakes.
8) Do you believe in an afterlife? YES.
9) Have you ever had an epiphany) YES: I have had many revelations.
!0) Did a traumatic experience flower your search? NO.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2022 08:20 am
@Thomastrokan33,
Sigh....
When people don't bother to read my posts properly...

The point I was making is the idea that religion is somehow about sedating yourself. That religion is a security blanket. That the people saying that we "seek solace" in gods are basically calling religion after the "opiate of the masses."

Uhhhh, yeah that's funny.

First of all, the secular world wants us to "be safe" while it pushes for despotism. Wear you mask like a good little slave. You don't want to get sick, do you? The secular world preaches fear to you. I was saying all of that to drive home about how much we are conditioned not to take risks, and you thought I wanted you not to take risks.

Meanwhile, thousands (maybe millions) of Christians died as martyrs over the 300 years of Rome's persecution of Christians. Is religion really about "seeking solace"?
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2022 09:57 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
Is religion really about "seeking solace"?

Of course it is bulma. Anytime I need a shoulder to cry on I hop right over here to A2K for instant sympathy.

And, religion makes you SO Popular!
Except with other 'believers', which makes this thread extra funny and ironic.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2022 05:33 pm
@Leadfoot,
Seeking renewal, is different from seeking solace.

The way this topic is phrased calls to attention the idea that people just kinda are deluding themselves with happy images or something. They seek "comfort" or "solace" in these ideas and live in some kind of dream world.
Renewal, on the other hand, evokes an image of a person accused of a terrible crime that he most definitely did. His entire past is haunted by this, yet religion gives him a place to belong to fit in. The comfort or solace is not a padded bed owned by one who has never slept on something hard, but rather renewal for one who knows that life is hard and that acceptance is a much needed blessing.

The word renewal has the idea that life is indeed has rough edges, and indeed some people got martyred over the years, that there are wars, famines, and injustices. But that religion gives one a new start.

Wait a second, you're being ironic, aren't you? Sorry, I was a little slow on the uptake there.

You can't use irony here! It's not right! People might take what you say completely seriously. Satire is even worse.
Glennn

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2022 05:41 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Anytime I need a shoulder to cry on I hop right over here to A2K for instant sympathy.

Laughing
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2022 05:03 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
Leadfoot quote:
And, religion makes you SO Popular!
Except with other 'believers', which makes this thread extra funny and ironic.

Yeah, I kind of blew the irony part.
I meant to say ‘Especially ', not 'Except'.

'Believers' question each other’s integrity more often than nonbelievers do.

That is as it should be I think.
roberto1233

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2022 02:13 pm
@mark noble,
Hi!
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2022 04:40 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
'Believers' question each other’s integrity more often than nonbelievers do. That is as it should be I think.

New International Version
No doubt there have to be differences among you to show which of you have God’s approval.

New Living Translation
But, of course, there must be divisions among you so that you who have God’s approval will be recognized!

English Standard Version
for there must be factions among you in order that those who are genuine among you may be recognized.

Berean Study Bible
And indeed, there must be differences among you to show which of you are approved.

Berean Literal Bible
For also it behooves there to be factions among you, so that also the approved should become evident among you.

King James Bible
For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

New King James Version
For there must also be factions among you, that those who are approved may be recognized among you.

bulmabriefs144

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2022 09:59 pm
@The Anointed,
What a weird verse!

The first two seem to state that God's approval stems from those differences.
(As in, just as Paul and Peter don't agree, so are all who follow Christ. They follow Jesus, not strict dogma)
The third, however has a quite different message, that it sorts out the genuine followers.

The rest have shades of either idea, like a spectrum.

It's basically a verse that is a great deal like its content.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2024 07:01 pm
@mark noble,
1) Have you ever sought God? --------- YES.
2) Why?---------- The desire to know from where and how I became ‘WHO I AM’.
3) Did you find what you sought?--------- YES.
4) Are you still looking?------- You don’t get to know Cosmic Creator in one life time.
5) Are you convinced that there is a God?--------- Positive
6) Do you follow your faith to the LETTER?-------- I am ‘WHO I AM’ and I am true to my God ‘WHO I AM.’
7) Do you sin? ------ have never gone against any command by ‘WHO I AM.’
8) Do you believe in an afterlife? -----Absolutely
9) Have you ever had an epiphany)-------- YES.
!0) Did a traumatic experience flower your search? --------- Flower my search?
The Anointed

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2024 07:48 pm
@The Anointed,
I didn't realise that I had already posted on this thread.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2024 08:49 pm
@The Anointed,
meh.
0 Replies