Why People Seek Solace In Gods.

popeye1945

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2021 05:15 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, Someone who refuses to incorporate other people's fantasies.
popeye1945

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2021 05:18 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, Someone who refuses to incorporate other people's fantasy life. Where's the beef!!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2021 06:22 am
@popeye1945,
popeye1945 wrote:

Frank, Someone who refuses to incorporate other people's fantasies.

You wrote:

Quote:
Mark, People seek solace in gods because children are comforted by the thought that mommy and daddy are near, and there is nothing to fear, someone is going to take care of them. The atheist says, come on people it's time to grow up.

I asked what you meant by "The atheist" in that comment.

Now you are telling me that by "The atheist"...you meant "someone who refuses to incorporate other people's fantasies."

So...you refuse to "incorporate" my fantasy of romping naked with Jessica Alba...and somehow that involves people seeking "solace in gods?"

Time to grow up, Popeye.

If you are going to get involved in discussions like this...be adult. Answer my question reasonably.

If you are using the word "atheist" in the context of people seeking solace in gods...tell me what you are actually denoting with those words. As you know, the word "atheist" is used differently by different people.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY IT?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2021 07:02 am
@popeye1945,
Quote:
Leadfoot, Did you get this revelation from the talking snake?

The snake was only the messenger.
Kind of a test, to see if we could hear good advice, even when it cost you your life.
popeye1945

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2021 09:05 am
Here is one for you. It is a good thing that the wheel was invented before the automobile, imagine the terriable noise that would be coming from the thruway!!
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2021 10:15 am
@popeye1945,
popeye1945 wrote:

Here is one for you. It is a good thing that the wheel was invented before the automobile, imagine the terriable noise that would be coming from the thruway!!

You should not be telling OTHERS to grow up.
0 Replies

MarkAlmont

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2021 11:45 am
@Joe Nation,
Agree with you
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 13 May, 2021 09:45 am
@mark noble,
Quote:
Why People Seek Solace In Gods.

I think it was Willy Sutton who once answered this when asked:

Q: “Why do you rob banks?”

A: 'Because that’s where the money is.'
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 09:29 pm
@mark noble,
Can someone explain why this is in the Health section?

The Anointed

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 12:37 am
@Leadfoot,
What snake has legs and is later cursed and made to crawl on it belly in the dust?

In the evolution of the spiritual godhead to this universal generation , who was the Most High in the creation before mankind was given the title of "Lord of Creatures, and who ruled the world for 140 million years?
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 10:16 am
@The Anointed,
Quote:
who was the Most High in the creation before mankind was given the title of "Lord of Creatures, and who ruled the world for 140 million years?

That doesn't ring a bell for me. I'd guess Lucifer but where did the 140 myr number come from and for what purpose?
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 06:46 am
@bulmabriefs144,
No seriously, what does the OP's question have to do with Health?

They have a lovely set of 5 or so questions, but it's kinda like one of those eBay items that has a ton of added things to make sure you find it. Neither Health nor General are needed.
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 06:52 am
@bulmabriefs144,

at one time, anyone could add tags to any thread (no longer the case -- only the OP can add tags to their own thread now).

i wouldn't sweat it -- most new threads don't even contain tags...
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 08:44 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
No seriously, what does the OP's question have to do with Health?

Way more than you think.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2021 10:38 am
@Leadfoot,
"Snake" - Where did you get that concept from?

"Serpent'.

Don't mess with truths.
Have a lovely Day
mark noble

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2021 10:40 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Because random folk can add tags to threads. It's a pleasant passtime for some, I guess.
Have a lovely Day
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2021 10:42 am
@mark noble,

not anymore... only the OP can add them...
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2021 11:21 am
@mark noble,
Quote:

Don't mess with truths.
Have a lovely Day

Who's?

I'd still like to know the particulars behind that 140Myr period.
0 Replies

skippah

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2022 02:27 am
@mark noble,
Jesus is GOD not religion. He is the Spirit;the image of the invisible Spirit , that is GOD. Are invisible things of power? Yes.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2022 03:04 am
@mark noble,
Hello Mark!

I think the answer to this question is more general deep down.
Why do people seek to have a glimpse at what transcend themselves, be it a new discovery in Science, an advance in conceptual knowledge, a great novel, to possess a masterpiece of art, or be it getting closer to a God which is perhaps an encapsulation of all of the other forms of improving who we are to ensure our genes endure longer...I bet bet Froid would place a bet in the maternal womb to...

From Gods and other things like Gods we ask salvation from our inner "ghosts", after all we want to "complete" ourselves, and I don't think anyone is immune to more or less concrete "God" wishing...
0 Replies