39

Why People Seek Solace In Gods.

popeye1945

1  
Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2021 05:15 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, Someone who refuses to incorporate other people's fantasies.
popeye1945

1  
Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2021 05:18 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, Someone who refuses to incorporate other people's fantasy life. Where's the beef!!

Frank Apisa

1  
Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2021 06:22 am
@popeye1945,
popeye1945 wrote:

You wrote:

Mark, People seek solace in gods because children are comforted by the thought that mommy and daddy are near, and there is nothing to fear, someone is going to take care of them. The atheist says, come on people it's time to grow up.

I asked what you meant by "The atheist" in that comment.

Now you are telling me that by "The atheist"...you meant "someone who refuses to incorporate other people's fantasies."

So...you refuse to "incorporate" my fantasy of romping naked with Jessica Alba...and somehow that involves people seeking "solace in gods?"

Time to grow up, Popeye.

If you are going to get involved in discussions like this...be adult. Answer my question reasonably.

If you are using the word "atheist" in the context of people seeking solace in gods...tell me what you are actually denoting with those words. As you know, the word "atheist" is used differently by different people.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY IT?

Leadfoot

1  
Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2021 07:02 am
@popeye1945,
Leadfoot, Did you get this revelation from the talking snake?

The snake was only the messenger.
Kind of a test, to see if we could hear good advice, even when it cost you your life.

popeye1945

1  
Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2021 09:05 am
Here is one for you. It is a good thing that the wheel was invented before the automobile, imagine the terriable noise that would be coming from the thruway!!
Frank Apisa

1  
Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2021 10:15 am
@popeye1945,
popeye1945 wrote:

You should not be telling OTHERS to grow up.

MarkAlmont

-1  
Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2021 11:45 am
@Joe Nation,
Agree with you

Leadfoot

1  
Reply Thu 13 May, 2021 09:45 am
@mark noble,
Why People Seek Solace In Gods.

I think it was Willy Sutton who once answered this when asked:

Q: “Why do you rob banks?”

A: 'Because that’s where the money is.'