31

Why People Seek Solace In Gods.

johne sapien

1  
Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2016 08:56 pm
@mark noble,
1) Have you ever sought God? In the extreme ways i have read/witnessed people have searched for God, no. But during my trials (both personal and empathetically affected by external factors), I have questioned the ways of the universe and how the world could be so awful.

2) Why? When you're young/inarticulate in the matters of every aspect of life's hierarchy, from yourself, your immediate environment, to sociological and global scales etc., you face a lot of morbid realities than you are not equipped to define just yet (if ever). As a thinking, feeling and evolving individual, you tend to ask the complex and hard questions with an emboldened "why?"

3) Did you find what you sought? Yes. Not just through God, through my own research diving into several facets often from proven sciences and coalescing the information with my own spiritualisms.

4) Are you still looking? Yes and No. I can now confidently stand by my own proclamation of being an agnostic. I believe in something higher, but also ground myself in accepting the responsibilities of my decisions and the consequences that follow suit because of it.

5) Are you convinced that there is a God? I am convinced that there is something other worldly. By experience.

6) Do you follow your faith to the LETTER? No.

7) Do you sin? Yes.

8) Do you believe in an afterlife? I have yet to properly define my beliefs in this aspect. But the beliefs in reincarnation through Buddhist and Hindu beliefs rest soundly in my fundamentals.

9) Have you ever had an epiphany? This is a vague question, but gauging my answer towards the topic, my own epiphany was finding articulation in my agnosticisms.

10) Did a traumatic experience flower your search? Life as I know it, as it comes day, every year.

onevoice

1  
Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2016 08:38 am
@mark noble,
1) Have you ever sought God?

Yes.

2) Why?

We all search for something don't we?

Success
Recognition
A spouse
A friend
The next high
The next low

Just to name a few. Our percieved needs are based on our percieved lacks, and that is what we search to fill.

3) Did you find what you sought?

No. The truth found me.

4) Are you still looking?

I seek the truth daily. Some days a little harder than others, as finding it is not always a pleasant experience.

5) Are you convinced that there is a God?

Yes.

6) Do you follow your faith to the LETTER?

I follow my faith according to the convictions of my heart. I found out rather quickly that "to the letter" as you are referring to is an impossible feat for anyone.

7) Do you sin?

Yes.

8) Do you believe in an afterlife?

Yes.

9) Have you ever had an epiphany)

Yes.

!0) Did a traumatic experience flower your search?

No. The truth was the last thing I was looking for at that time. Primarily due to the traumatic experiences I had been through.

CrisTianUk

1  
Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2016 05:31 pm
@mark noble,
1) Have you ever sought God? yes
2) Why? problems with bad spirits
3) Did you find what you sought? yes
4) Are you still looking? no, i was given instruction
5) Are you convinced that there is a God? this question doesn't makes sense to me.
6) Do you follow your faith to the LETTER? if this means if i believe that the word of God is written by him then Yes
7) Do you sin? YES
8) Do you believe in an afterlife? yes
9) Have you ever had an epiphany) YES
!0) Did a traumatic experience flower your search? no

CrisTianUk

2  
Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2016 05:34 pm
@gungasnake,
God is Eternal true but some advice here: make sure you don't believe in God because of that fly experiment , " God should be sought by word only" a fly experiment should not make you believe in God.
reasoning logic

0  
Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2016 06:09 pm
@CrisTianUk,
God is Eternal true but some advice here: make sure you don't believe in God because of that fly experiment , " God should be sought by word only"

I agree with you and your reference to Allah and the prophet Mohamed. 10 thumbs up.

steven bill

1  
Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2018 01:27 pm
@Joe Nation,
you never saughted God, if you did fear would have never been the result. you saught the wrong denomination and church. The false kind devote perent kick their children in to.
steven bill

1  
Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2018 01:32 pm
@rosborne979,
No, he was there a spirit, but you were expecting flesh and blood.

beantownmike

0  
Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 11:35 am
@mark noble,
Well Sometimes...

It's because a whole church will go to neighborhoods at night in large numbers & swarm anyone who is outside with bibles aggressively saying "Come on lets go pray come with us" & "The True Religion" trying to aggressively get people to go with them.

I'm not even kidding this happened where I lived numerous occasions to the point where I threatened filing lawsuits for harassment if it continued.

1  
Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 12:32 pm
@steven bill,
you never saughted God,
God is an abomination to the world. Gods assaulted the minds of too many, and many wars were started on his behalf.