I never stop loving my ex and my wife is giving me Hell

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 09:10 pm
I'm 30 years old and been married with my wife for 2 years as of June 27 2010. I have known her for 5 years. We have no kids together but I have a son and she has a son and her nephew stay with us as well. I knew I was in love with someone before we got married but figured it would pass. The relationship I had with my ex was good we did not separate on bad terms. She admitted to me that she felt she was not mature enough for at the time. I was about 26 at the time and she was 20. We never stop talking to each other and always have kept in touch. When I told her how heartbroken I was over her and just chose someone who I knew loved me back and got married she was upset with me for not telling her first. That's another story in itself. But no matter what she is doing or think I never stop having strong feelings for her. I tried time and time to just forget about her and try to focus on my wife more, but nothing seems to help. I even stop talking to my ex for about a year and still the fire is burning. I been deeply thinking about my finance and how my wife treat me at home and she is a good woman which is what been keeping me with her because I don't want to break her heart. Since I have been married I have stayed the night with my ex and cheating once. We meet up in public places because we both feel know how we feel about each other and we agreed that what we did was wrong and it can't happen again. Since then I have stayed with her from time to time and nothing have happened but we seem to be close as ever. I know deep down I never stop loving this woman and feel I never will.

As far as me and my wife go, she is a good woman. She has been a blessing in my life and I have helped her a lot with her some because his father never comes around. I since we have been together I lost my job and no longer make the money I use to. Since then I noticed she changed a lot. She complains all the time about paying bills but I still pay the bills not as much as I did when I had a better job. She really hurt me with some of the comments she told me like, I just wish I had a man that was 50/50 and some other derogatory stuff. I have don't nothing but try to do all I can to be 50/50 with her like get a home loan modification on my house which the bill was $1300 now its $850 and I have my check set up to deposit 600 monthly in her account to pay the house note because she looks over all the bills. I stop taking her out to eat as well because I don't have the money to do those things but I try to compensate by fixing her car, taking her some to soccer games and practice, etc. But sometime she ask me to drop the kids off at school and ask for some gas money because its out my was and she works right by where they go to school she get mad at me and throws it up in my face about the 50/50 thing. I thought that when you get married it was thick and thin but I see now that I should have stayed single stayed in my little one bedroom apartment and just waited on the love that I had to mature. I would not have the house I have now but the house was her idea, and she didn't have good enough credit so that's why it's in my name.

I honestly think deep down in my heart that I messed up. And been seeking counseling but my finances are not well to speak with someone. If you have any advice please let me know. I can tell you right now yes I love my wife but I am not in love with my wife. My wife work from 7am to 2pm I work from 8am to 5pm. We use to take time out to do family activities but I start avoiding them because she complains when she has to flip the bill. I tried to seduce my wife about May 28 2010. Currently I make about 1900 monthly. I try to talk about our problems nice and she just screams over me, get upset and cry. She always compares us to her sister, and they bring home about 80 to 90k yearly.

Thanks in advance.
[email protected]
Joseph
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 4,092 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Fido

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 07:53 am
@joe77563,
My gone wife wanted a 5o/50 effort too, but what that means is what the people on the spot thinks it means, as in all relationships... Trying to keep an exwife on the side does not work... Trying to get her to pay gas money is not going to work... I trust, that when she says 50/50 that she is not looking for some one who will be walking around with a scale for everything, but some one who gives a 100%... What you are saying here is that you are working on your second failed relationship... If you count all of mine it would be in the hundereds, so that makes me a bit of an expert... If a woman says she wants a man who; that usually means she want a Man period, as they conceive of a man, who loves totally and does not spend a second feeling sorry for himself, but is supportive, in the physical and emotional sense, does what he can, and does not whine about it... You have a kid, a wife, an ex wife, and job, I presume, and financial obligations...It might be time to grow up!!!
0 Replies

DrDick

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 03:29 pm

Joseph,

Your in a tough spot and any solution is not easy, but every solution is based on what you do, not what your wife or ex does. You need to figure out what you want in life and then make it happen. I don't mean what you want in life at this very second, which based on your post is to get rid of your wife and go with the ex. I mean what do you want 20 years from now. What type of values do you want your child to have, what type of career do you want, what type of family, what type of future for your child and for you as well?

One concern I have is that you and the ex slept together. When you sit back and reflect on what you truly want out of life, is that the kind of woman you want? I'm not trying to judge because emotions can be very powerful, but it has to be a factor. What is to say in a few years once again she claims she is just not mature enough. What stops emotions taking over again a few years from now and she is sleeping with another ex behind your back?

And your current wife has to be a factor. You say things have changed and she now can be in effect a nag. It sounds to me like you feel guilty for not being able to provide so it is acceptable for her to nag. You probably also feel a bit guilty for seeing your ex so you tolerate a bit more. Well if you really, really, truly do not like the situation, then maybe a solution is to better control the situation (if you need that spelled out let me know, but basically I'm saying to be the man in the relationship).

Take some time to really think about what you want. I would like to hear your thoughts on what you want, because I think from there you can move forward.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 05:22 pm
Oh, the grass is always greener...
Oh, the excitement of forbidden sex...
0 Replies

RealEyes

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 09:17 pm
My first romance was a very powerful agape love and I've never forgotten about her since. Perhaps the trouble has more to do with the fact that you and your wife don't operate on the same level that you had supposed.

Every guy wants to feel like they are worth something, and your wife uses the stick to motivate you rather than the carrot. Every woman wants to feel secure though, and so it's apparent why a younger girl like your ex-girlfriend would go after someone older in order to feel secure. Your wife seems to be struggling to feel secure with you because of the financial issue, and I must full heartedly say that is very selfish of her - especially if you are giving it your all. Did your ex ever cheat on you (is your ex currently seeing multiple people)? Did your wife ever cheat on you? Do you tend to feel like the dominant partner in the relationship or the subordinate? How was her last relationship? How was your relationship that gave you a child?

The most critical way to uncovering any problem and winning any war is to understand yourself and your own weaknesses.
0 Replies

Nona1958

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 03:30 pm
Hello Joe,

I am going through a similar situation and i do understand how hard it is.
0 Replies