Can An Atheist Have A Soul?

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 06:03 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
It's not about "electromagnetic energy" that translates into a soul. Your interpretation is biological; soul is about mental activity - or psychology if you prefer.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 06:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The electromagnetic energy leaves our body when we die.

That's why people say the "soul leaves the body". My definition is the real definition.

So as you can see, you're wrong. If you were right, people wouldn't be referring to the electromagnetic energy of the body leaving as the "soul".
Builder

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 10:50 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
The imposter cannot accept any other view than his own.

Electromagnetic energy operates his synapses, so until such time as his heart stops creating that energy, he's not gonna be convinced of your theory.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 11:01 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Your description fits the definition of death. It's when the brain dies; that's biological.
Builder

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 11:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
It's when the brain dies; that's biological.

It's electrical. The brain functions electrically.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 11:25 pm
@Builder,
Without the biological component of the brain, no amount of electricity has any meaning.
neologist

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 11:25 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
I thought you said you were smart.
Souls are mortal.
Setanta

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 12:33 am
@One Eyed Mind,
That does not alter that you're peddling BS--you make statements, but you provide not a shred of evidence for your loony assertions. Basically, you just blather on like Ophelia, making it up as you do along.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 04:31 am
@cicerone imposter,
The brain isn't biological, like our genes. Everyone's brain is a lot more simplistic and non-linear that the actual biological system. There's the left side and the right side - left side is mechanical; right side is emotional. There's really no biological component to the brain. The brain is as simple as it gets compared to the gene system.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 04:31 am
@neologist,
We are not "souls".

We are animated by the electrical "force".

When we die, our animation ceases, and the "force" leaves our body to return back from which it came: The Universe.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 04:34 am
@Setanta,
This response contains zero explanation - 100% claim. That means you can go sit in the back with the rest of the people that think insulting people, who actually know how to provide contrasts, examples, metaphors and idioms to the table (the penny example; the energy leaving the body example), is remotely intuitive. You said absolutely nothing - you're the blathering one.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 05:19 am
@One Eyed Mind,
The electromagnetic energy leaves our body when we die.

That's why people say the "soul leaves the body". My definition is the real definition.

So as you can see, you're wrong. If you were right, people wouldn't be referring to the electromagnetic energy of the body leaving as the "soul".

From the religious point of view, you are confusing what is the soul and what is the spirit.

Please check the link I posted before

http://www.concordant.org/expohtml/DeathAndJudgment/WhatIsTheSoul.html

One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 05:23 am
@carloslebaron,
I'm not confusing anything.

I'm telling you how "soul" is misinterpreted and I used more than one example to explain that the thing people call "soul" is the same thing scientists call the "electromagnetic energy", hence the "penny" and the "soul leaving the body" example. There's a connection between these because you are wrong and I am right. This is the real definition of soul because people were simply calling the electromagnetic energy the "soul" due to ignorance and superstitious behavior.

Also, again. Any religious definition - any - is already the definition of non-definition. Religion isn't the Universe; religion is man-made. It separates our people because it doesn't want to accept an ever-changing, ever-evolving world - it wants a world built on immutable laws and languages that don't relate to our reality and its laws of nature. Hence why wise men never created a religion, and their voices are greater than any religion.
neologist

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 08:56 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Silly.
When you're dead, you're dead. (Ecclesiastes 9:5,6)
One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 09:01 am
@neologist,
We never were "alive", now were we?

Take out the heart - no more life.

Take out the brain - no more life.

Take out the water - no more life.

Take out the blood - no more life.

Take out the nervous system - no more life.

Take out the bones - no more life.

Take out anything - no more life.

Well, as you can see, we never were alive. It's really just "animation" and us seeing all the world through the Universe's eyes (the eyes have photo-receptors, which emerged from space prior to the emergence of stars and a microscope will give you the power to see that the human eye contains the design of a nebula, and certain nebulas look like human eyes in space).

My brain's profound epilogue: "The human existence is nothing more than a tornado. We have peace at the core, but chaos surrounds us. We don't really exist; the forces which govern us creates an animation, of which we experience. The Universe shaped us, for if the Universe could not be observed, it would not be known and we would not know."
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 10:36 am
@One Eyed Mind,
You are ignorant about most things - including the function of the brain.
http://www.livescience.com/32935-whats-the-difference-between-the-right-brain-and-left-brain.html
One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 10:40 am
@cicerone imposter,
Go ahead.

Tell us exactly "how" I am ignorant.

Making a claim is not making an explanation. Wise men explain - unwise men claim.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 10:43 am
@One Eyed Mind,
I don't have to "tell" how you are ignorant; you prove it with 99% of your own posts.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 10:46 am
@cicerone imposter,
Sigh, your predictability is the reason why you have zero credibility.

It's not good when someone knows what you're going to say.

You insult me because you have nothing else to say. Go on, make my day. I have everything to say because I have something to say. You just continue to name call, while I make a name for myself. Get on my level, it's not like I greased the pole behind me.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 10:48 am
@One Eyed Mind,
You probably haven't noticed, but I provide credible sources to refute your claims about almost every subject.

Where did you study Economics?
0 Replies