Japanese Language Matters: a little help from the heart of Japan

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:16 pm
ohayogozaimasu, minna san ; good morning folks!)

I just thought that I'd open this thread in the event there might be any out there in 'able2know' land who might either be interested in Japanese as a language, or have questions, or simply wished to use a little. Now I'll be honest up front and let you know that I am not a Japanese national, and do have some problems myself...those silly Chinese characters... Rolling Eyes but am willing to help where and when I can, ask when I cannot (and when I can't do that, I can just fake it) NO....JOKEsumimasen desu; I'm sorry) KJ
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,761 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:18 pm
@KaseiJin,
I'm game. I'd like to re-learn some Japanese, but am only interested in Romaji exchanges (not currently interested in learning to read/write in Japanese) if you don't mind those. Can you hold basic conversations in Romaji?
KaseiJin

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:24 pm
@Robert Gentel,
You betcha! ii desu yo! moshikashitara, robaato san kara hajimatara ichiban ii houhou da to omimasu. douzo, ima wa chotto iru yo...ato ha jyuugyou ga aru kedo... (That's fine ! It might be that starting from you [Robert], would be best, in my opinion. Please, I'm here for a while now, later I have classes though.)
Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:31 pm
@KaseiJin,
(not gonna check my spelling, hope that's ok)

Anata wa nanjin desu ka? Gaijin?
KaseiJin

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:43 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:
Anata wa nanjin desu ka? Gaijin?

sou desu. boku wa gaijin desu. keredomo, aru imi de wa, 40%gurai nihonjin da to iemasu. (That's right. I'm an alien. However, in one sense, I am about 40% Japanese, it could be said.)
Nice job! (and I'm sure you can even more...!! Great!!)
Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:49 pm
@KaseiJin,
Boku no nihongo wa hontoni warui.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:51 pm
@KaseiJin,
Just the cuss words, please.
0 Replies

KaseiJin

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 09:17 pm
Robert Gentel wrote:
Boku no nihongo wa hontoni warui.

hontoukana? ... demo ne, futsuu no nichijyou kaiwa nara, tabun nantoka wa dekiru darou to omou kedo.... (Really? ...but, you see, if it's ordinary daily conversation, maybe somehow or another, you can do do it, I seem to think.)

kuvasz wrote:
Just the cuss words, please.

bakayaro ! temei nani kangaeteiruka?! (note...this is only for learning purposes here, most honorable kuvasz sama You fu_ker ! What the hell you think you're doing?!

kuso! (Fu_k it! [or ****!, or Dammit!, or the likes])
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 09:58 pm
@KaseiJin,
I figure there are, be patient, and hi, kaseijin.
KaseiJin

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 10:17 pm
@ossobuco,
konnichi wa, ossobuko san [NOTE name changed to fit Japanese romanji configuration only] (good day, ossobuco sir)

No problem...actually (and this is just in case--honest) I had only provided some cuss words due to having been asked...and for no other reason. (although I did take the liberty to apply a little humor at the same time, we could say)
0 Replies