Life throws you curve balls I swung and struck out

Fred

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 10:02 am
Why is it sometimes the hardest thing to do is for the better? Who is to say that things couldnt have changed before you let the one you love go. Well everyone has seen my postings in here and everyone has helped. Last night I probly let the greatest peron I will ever meet in my life go and now I am all F***** up inside! I love that girl and always will. But my question is why do we let people go without knowing what could happen in the end? Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 952 • Replies: 9
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 10:16 am
I think many of us would concur from your posts that this was possibly not the greatest girl you will ever meet in your life, given how she treated you.
0 Replies

Fred

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 10:26 am
I dont know
0 Replies

Leia

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 01:55 pm
grieve
Grieve it until its gone. And then move on. It takes time, but you really get over the person eventually. Meh. We're all just people. You'll find someone more compatible with your needs after you heal. Love shouldnt hurt and be complex and twisted up inside your stomach. It should be simple and logical. Let her go and file the good memories in your heart.

/my two cents
0 Replies

Fred

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 02:15 pm
Maybe, but isnt Love worth fighting for!?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 02:57 pm
Love is only worth fighting for if both parties want to fight for it together.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 02:58 pm
If it is one-sided, that is obsession, not love.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 04:23 pm
And - you're obsessing over this.

So do something else. Ride a bike. Play music. Write in a diary. Call a friend. Go out to dinner. See a movie. Check out A2K (:-D). Watch TV. Play a sport. Read a book. Take care of a pet.

You get the idea. Go out and live a bit, and think of things that are NOT this. You are obsessing. You are making yourself feel worse. You are feeding this pain, and making it grow.

So starve it by putting your mind to something else. Yes, you'll think back on occasion, but as time goes on you'll think about this less and less. That's how you heal, not by continually rehashing these things over and over again. There are better days ahead. Start reaching for them, instead of looking over your shoulder at the past.
0 Replies

Leia

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 07:15 pm
movies
I agree with the person who mentioned seeing a good film as an option. One night I was extremely upset about some work I had to do. I was locked in my office with this horrible work situation. Then I went to the movies solo (for the first time in my life-- it was great, nobody steals your popcorn) to see Lost in Translation. I came out of the film a new person. Sometimes a good film can change your perspective because of its insight. That film in particular I would suggest you seeing. Its tremendous.

Either that, or listen to your Nirvana Unplugged In New York album and cry alone in your room. Confused I've tried that too.....it works! As in, you cry. And feel terrible. And if you don't own that album, you should. Everyone should, by the way.

So yeah.

Drag yourself out to a movie! Be your own best friend. Get ready for your real true love who wont make you feel wasted and sick.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 07:24 pm
And fer gawds sake, keep your pecker in your pocket.

Listen to the voice of experience... I broke up with my fiancee. Slept with the first woman who would... Still paying for it. Kids are nice, but they are truly sons of a bitch.
0 Replies