Tiger Woods and his Apology

Insty

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 02:38 pm
Do you think Tiger Woods had a moral obligation to publicly apologize for his recently-discovered infidelities? If so, to whom? His wife? Family? Fans?

Do you think that the apology he delivered today was sufficient?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 633 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Khethil

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 02:55 pm
@Insty,
I think the fact that this entire story has become such an issue is an embarrassment. It's a testimony to the petty, voyeuristic interests of the U.S. mob as well as the power the media has to hype up a non-issue that should, by definition, be a private matter.
0 Replies

Twirlip

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 02:57 pm
@Insty,
No! Make him drink hemlock!
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 06:26 pm
@Insty,
Insty;130060 wrote:
Do you think Tiger Woods had a moral obligation to publicly apologize for his recently-discovered infidelities? If so, to whom? His wife? Family? Fans?

Why should we care? I don't care that about what he has or hasn't done. It should be kept between him and his wife. No one should have any input on their relationship or his actions. Why is he a publicly owned entity because he is on tv? It is so absurd if people think he owes them some apology. This is just another one of those things, where people will try to claim you have free will but yet they want to impose their morals onto you and hold you to the stake if you violate them. He didn't do anything wrong as far as I am concerned. If his wife leaves him because of it, that is his own doing and he must have known it would be a possible result of his actions.

I remember a case where a married woman announced in a court, that she specifically told her husband that she had no intentions of having any sexual interaction with him. Would it then be alright for him to look for sex outside their marriage, since she was not going to have sex with him? Does that bring into question that a spouse is obligated to fulfill sexual needs or wants of their partner? I say no one is obligated, nor should they feel obligated to however; if they so choose to not want to then by all means it should be open for them to find it elsewhere.

I feel that his case is probably something similar to this. She probably married him for his status and money, but feels no obligation to his sexual desires which led him to find it outside their marriage. I could be absolutely wrong, but this tends to be why most men, have affairs, because their wife is not providing what they are desiring.

Insty;130060 wrote:

Do you think that the apology he delivered today was sufficient?

Well since I don't think it is necessary for him to apologize, it doesn't matter if I think it was sufficient. Do you apologize publicly for the things that you do? No, so why should he?
0 Replies

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 03:59 am
@Insty,
Our whole Cabinet was sent home for thid sort of lying and cheating on the war of Afghanistan. But that's private business. I think Tiger is just covering his financial ass.
0 Replies