The handiwork of God

Pyrrho

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2010 07:27 am
@awareness,
awareness;138420 wrote:
God has nothing to do with earthquakes. This is an opportunity for humans to show their love and caring for one another in helping Haiti.

So you don't believe that God made the earth? Earthquakes are caused by the structure of the earth, so if someone made the earth, earthquakes are the fault of the maker.
0 Replies

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2010 05:06 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
:rolleyes:I know more of this sort stories. Made my own "pot" all-ready; incl. Magical spoke from Egyptian Ancient Times. Took me over a Year...

:letme-at-em: PS.:a-thought:
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 11:32 am
@Pyrrho,
Pyrrho;122729 wrote:
The handiwork of God and human efforts to clean it up:

You can see more pictures (and the above again) starting at:

The conditions are such that some medical personnel who volunteered to go to Haiti, and have years of experience in U.S. emergency rooms, have begged to be brought back after only three days there, because of the horrific conditions. Things are, however, improving slowly. No thanks to any God, real or imagined.
Thought it was natural occurances, like rain? ..rain is a natural occurance because of vaporation from oceans, which turns into clouds and gives off rain ..etc, it's natural.

It's just us humans who are too stupid to make quake proof buildings in that area.

Maybe you belive in witchcraft too? Should we burn people at the stake again?
Krumple

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 11:40 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;139037 wrote:

We do, it's just that we renamed it war. Napalming.
0 Replies

Pyrrho

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 12:09 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;139037 wrote:
Thought it was natural occurances, like rain? ..rain is a natural occurance because of vaporation from oceans, which turns into clouds and gives off rain ..etc, it's natural.

It's just us humans who are too stupid to make quake proof buildings in that area.

You might want to work on your irony detector.

Many people believe that the world was created by God. If that is so, then earthquakes are the handiwork of God. I do not expect anyone who does not believe in God to take the idea seriously that earthquakes are caused by God (i.e., a nonexistent being). I am merely pointing out something that can be logically concluded from having the belief that God created the world.
Krumple

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 12:24 pm
@Pyrrho,
Pyrrho;139068 wrote:
You might want to work on your irony detector.

Many people believe that the world was created by God. If that is so, then earthquakes are the handiwork of God. I do not expect anyone who does not believe in God to take the idea seriously that earthquakes are caused by God (i.e., a nonexistent being). I am merely pointing out something that can be logically concluded from having the belief that God created the world.

Well I'd hate to nitpick but technically if god created the world then indirectly he would be the cause of earthquakes. He could have designed the planet not to have shiftable plates right? No plate tectonics then no earthquakes. But the believers would never accept this line of reasoning anyways. They only attribute bunnies and cute and good things to gods hand and everything else gets blamed on humans or demons.
0 Replies

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 03:48 pm
@awareness,
awareness;138420 wrote:
God has nothing to do with earthquakes. This is an opportunity for humans to show their love and caring for one another in helping Haiti.

I shouls be cheaper than national healtyh insurance
0 Replies