7000 years after Adam...................................3000AD

6000 years after Adam...................................2000AD

5000 years after Adam...................................1000AD

4000 years after Adam....................JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED

3000 years after Adam....................................1000BC

2000 years after Adam....................................2000BC

1000 years after Adam....................................3000BC

......TIME OF ADAM AND EVE IN MESOPOTAMIA....4000BC

The Bible tells us that for six days God laboured creating this world and then rested on the seventh. In this same pattern but over six thousand years lour world has followed similarly until the present time when we have arrived at the seventh day.
The Hebrews and Israelites have always begun their calendar from the time of Adam in Mesopotamia whom is generally thought to have lived about 4000BC. This would mean that their date would now be about 6000 years or more after Adam. With the culmination of this 6000 year period of world history, the Messiah is expected to arrive soon.

Christianity meanwhile, has set up its own time-keeping calendar based on the same principle of a day equaling a thousand years. After Christ's crucifixion on Calvary Hill more than 2000 years ago, his followers the Christians began using their new calendar dating from his time in order to count the years until his return. The Bible tells us that Christ will rise again on the morning of the third day.Matt.17;23
From the time of Christ, until the year 1000AD constituted the first day while from 1000AD until 2000AD would be the second day. The beginning of the 21st century is therefore the beginning of the third 1000 year period after Jesus Christ's crucifixion and is therfore the morning of the third day. In this way it appears that the Christians and the earlier Hebrews were both expectant of the coming Messiah at this same time. dan b
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,211 • Replies: 22
No top replies

Dave Allen

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 04:56 am
@dan b,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWjtRFNSl2s
prothero

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 12:21 am
@Dave Allen,
Let's try some different time scales.
The estimated age of the universe is 14.5 billion years.
The estimated age of the earth is 4.5 billion years.
Life in some form appears to have been around for 3 billion years.
On at least four different occassions in the history of the planet mass extinctions in which more than 70% in some cases 95% of all life forms have been wiped out.
Genetic eve in Africa goes back 200,000 yrs.
Genetic adams in Africa only about 60,000 yrs.
So if the history of the universe were a 24 hr clock man has been around less than the last minute and all of recorded history is a few seconds.
What took god so long to get around to creating man if man is the purpose of creation?
Why would an omnipotent god put up with having 95% of life forms wiped out by asteroids, basaltic lava flows, and other natural disasters.
I think reconciling science with your form of religion is going to be a problem?
dan b

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 09:55 pm
@prothero,
Classical History means that which is generally accepted as historians during the last 200 or so years. This is the time period when so much was discovered and uncovered by historian, archeologists and linguists. Before the year 4000BC is by the acedemic historical community given a name. It's pre-historic. Check out the oldest room in the London British Museum next time your there. The oldest civilization stuff is between 3500 and 4000BC. History is only 6000 years old.
TickTockMan

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 03:41 pm
@dan b,
dan b;115781 wrote:
History is only 6000 years old.

What about dinosaurs? Aren't they part of history?
dan b

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 12:30 am
@TickTockMan,
No dinosaurs are part of the time-period called by historians as pre-historic. Historic begins when "his story begins being told." This time-period begins about 4000BC as I was shown in the British Museum in London England. These are just terms to diferenciate eras before and after mankind's beginning of civilization in Mesopotamia. dan b
kennethamy

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 09:30 am
@TickTockMan,
TickTockMan;115943 wrote:
What about dinosaurs? Aren't they part of history?

Prehistory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
prothero

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 10:06 am
@kennethamy,
I am not sure that helps interpret the opening post or what point Dan B is trying to make with it. I Know prehistory as history before recorded or written history is a term but how it relates to the second coming and the seven days of creation, or the resurrection on the third day is a little more obscure. My sense is sort of an altered young earth creation story lurks there.
kennethamy

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 11:16 am
@prothero,
prothero;116067 wrote:
I am not sure that helps interpret the opening post or what point Dan B is trying to make with it. I Know prehistory as history before recorded or written history is a term but how it relates to the second coming and the seven days of creation, or the resurrection on the third day is a little more obscure. My sense is sort of an altered young earth creation story lurks there.

I don't know either, but I would suppose that the second coming is supposed to be in the future, not the past.
dan b

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 01:08 am
@kennethamy,
I put up the chart about "classical history" in order to be able to ask, why did human civilization begin, develope and accelerate so fast from Mesopotamia in about 4000BC? Don't say it didn't because I've reads many,many books and have often visited the British Museum in London England on this account. I've already spent a lot of time on this forum arguing if Mesopotamia was really so important. The professors in London mostly say yes.

So taking it from there, why did we develope so fast and so much from there at that time. Civilization from there spread west and further west and now we in Christian Europe have been the main developera of all the modern worlds inventions. They all make copys of our inventions. Fine, thats basically true. But how did the ancients know this and so develope their "classical view of History" as above? They couldn't have known until about the 1800s or later! Is it just a coincidence?

I'm also saying that, yes, the second coming arrived in 2000BC and we today in the modern Christian world are living the lifestyles that could not even be imagined in the olden days, flying in jets and transplanting hearts. So we are in the "heaven on earth millennium" that the bible somehow predicted. Most Christians don't realize this. Wev'e accieved the super-natural. dan b
0 Replies

TickTockMan

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 12:28 pm
@dan b,
dan b;116024 wrote:
No dinosaurs are part of the time-period called by historians as pre-historic. Historic begins when "his story begins being told." This time-period begins about 4000BC as I was shown in the British Museum in London England. These are just terms to diferenciate eras before and after mankind's beginning of civilization in Mesopotamia. dan b

I'm confused. There was no history prior to 4000 BCE? What of the oral tradition?
dan b

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 12:35 pm
@TickTockMan,
In Mesopotamia at about 4000BC archeologists and historians tell us that development, innovation and civilization suddenly exploded dynamically! This is what the chart is about. The question under investigation is Why did this inventivness so suddenly arise here? Was it the start of language? Was it just an improved language? Was it something else? From Messopotamia we can now trace this development west via Greece, Rome and finally to England and Germany which invented the modern world. The rest of the world now imports our ingenuity. Why?
TickTockMan

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 12:46 pm
@dan b,
What of neolithic Chinese culture? Yangshao culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
dan b

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 02:12 pm
@TickTockMan,
Yea, the Chineese are great, I study Mandarin and love the sound of it. But why does all the world yearn for the inventions of the Mesopotamian culture? European Christian Israel invented cars, modern medecie and airplanes. Everybody wants our stuff. I'm definatly not saying it's good. I'm just examining how we got so ahead in this inventions thing. dan b
0 Replies

TickTockMan

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 04:56 pm
@dan b,
When you say, "our stuff" to whom are you referring?
dan b

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 05:23 pm
@TickTockMan,
The modern stuff of the Christian west. Everybody around the world is fighting hard to get it. How come we invented it and they want it? Why didn't they invent it an we want it? Is it our language? Was it just a fluck?
Why does Germany export all the new innovations and China and India want to import it so badly? This is the question that I so poorly have been trying to discuss! dan b
TickTockMan

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 05:28 pm
@dan b,
dan b;117083 wrote:
The modern stuff of the Christian west. Everybody around the world is fighting hard to get it. How come we invented it and they want it? Why didn't they invent it an we want it? Is it our language? Was it just a fluck?
Why does Germany export all the new innovations and China and India want to import it so badly? This is the question that I so poorly have been trying to discuss! dan b

I think at this point some distinction needs to be made between "written language" and simply "language."

Which are you referring to?
dan b

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 06:56 pm
@TickTockMan,
I'm not refering to either spoken language or written language in particular. I don't know wich it was or if it was language at all that got us so ahead in the game of inventions and making the modern world that everybody wants. I'm just trying(and it's been particularly hard for some reason) to put forth the question. Why did everything get going in Mesopotamia about 4000BC and why did we in the west invent the modern world, and why does everybody else in the world want it so bad. Why don't they just invent it themselves? dan b
TickTockMan

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 07:07 pm
@dan b,
dan b;117102 wrote:
I'm not refering to either spoken language or written language in particular. I don't know wich it was or if it was language at all that got us so ahead in the game of inventions and making the modern world that everybody wants.

I have no idea. This guy has some . . . uh . . . "thoughts."
The Official Graham Hancock Website: Supernatural
0 Replies

melonkali

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 12:55 pm
@dan b,
dan b;117102 wrote:
I'm not refering to either spoken language or written language in particular. I don't know wich it was or if it was language at all that got us so ahead in the game of inventions and making the modern world that everybody wants. I'm just trying(and it's been particularly hard for some reason) to put forth the question. Why did everything get going in Mesopotamia about 4000BC and why did we in the west invent the modern world, and why does everybody else in the world want it so bad. Why don't they just invent it themselves? dan b

Prior to the "leap of civilization" or "urban revolution", back around 10,000 (?) BC there was the "leap of agriculture", going from hunters/gatherers to growing and processing cereal grains. That, too, is considered an un-natural leap. Going back further, although the fossil record is very, very sparse, homo sapiens sapiens were around for about 50,000 years making no apparent cultural progress until the rather rapid advent of "modern human behavior" approximately 50,000 years ago, perhaps roughly correlating with the "out of africa" migration (not walking through N Africa, but apparently "sailing" from the coast of S Africa? still a mystery). And how is it that modern genetics tells us we ALL came from a very small gene pool of 1,000 to 10,000 "breeding couples", when there had apparently been many more homo sapiens sapiens around?

I believe that modern scholarship considers Southern Mesopotamia as one of the three cradles of civilization, the other two being the Indus Valley and Egypt. There is some developing archaeology in Northern China which could yield a smaller fourth area, perhaps a river or sea port, but I'm not well versed on what's happening there.

The triad of ancient Sumeria (in Southern Mesopotamia), Egypt and the Indus Valley has largely been established through continued Egyptian archaeology and examination of Mesopotamian trade records. The three were clearly connected. Unfortunately, we cannot get to some critical areas of Iraq, and many of the museum records and archaeological sites and artifacts formerly in that region are gone, either looted or blown up. The Indus Valley climate is not a good one for preservation. Much of what has been recently determined comes from continued, painstaking examination of extant clay Mesopotamian tablets cuneiform tablets, and continued digging in Egypt.

There is still no answer as to "why" the cultural revolution. As one archaeologist noted (concerning Mesopotamia), we've been digging for over a hundred years and we have nothing. No footprints (migration), no transition layers, nothing. Same with Egypt, I believe. A "high" civilization just appeared out of the blue. Interesting, too, that the oldest Sumerian written tablets are, per linguistic examination, indicative of a culture which had been established for some time, probably already peaked and was in decay. What these "high civilizations" gave us are, per their own descriptions of what the "seven sages" gave them, were "the arts and skills of civilization". Writing, math, tools and technology in myriad fields such as building, metallurgy, mining techniques, architecture, weaving, food processing and serving, vehicles and roads and transporation methods, canals, extensive trade by land and sea routes with inventories and records, etc, etc. Music, literature and art were highly developed, important parts of these societies. Irrigation and some agricultural tools had already been part of the leap of agriculture, but were much improved after the leap of civilization.

There are serious, legitimate questions to be answered here, and no scholarly consensus since we all seem to be speculating from silence.

rebecca