Got your 2004 Calendar yet?

the prince

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 04:30 am
I have started getting deluged by calendars !!

The only one I ever use anyways is on my phone/PDA though !
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 05:13 am
Only the one on my phone organiser.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 05:32 pm
I have a small pocket calendar in my purse, where I mark all of my activities, deadlines, important days. Always ex post though. At the house we have about 5 calendars, I never knew why, but E.H. seems to have some sort of a secret mechanism for them. They all have different things marked in them. I don't touch them, I would surely mess things up.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 06:55 pm
We both use Palms which are synched to out PC's, but we still jot coming events on the kitchen calendar. Don't know why....habits die hard.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 07:00 pm
I can't believe I'm the only one who needs a calendar with a tide chart. That's the one I check most often. We've also got a Scotland scenery one in the kitchen and a 2004 behind it.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 07:04 pm
There's lot's of fishermen type folks around Avon-by-theSea, New Jersey where we spend a little time in the summer who check the tide charts every morning, fewer people in Oklahoma have need of such. Cool
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 07:30 pm
I WISH I needed a calendar with a tide table. . .

<siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh>
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 07:53 pm
I can't complain too much, except when it's a high tide and I want to walk the dogs. Here is a tide chart for New York Harbor. Wink
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 07:54 pm
Uh huh. . . "6 AM- Freezing 12 PM- Freezing 6PM- Slightly Higher and Freezing 12 AM- Freezinger"
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 08:26 pm
Joe, we have a fishermen calendar here. It's 12 (supposed) hunky fisherman fishing. I think last year they did a fisher women calendar.

What ever happened to the idea of an A2K calendar?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 09:01 pm
I am very calendar picky. I like really interesting (to me, heh heh) calendars such as an italian architecture one a friend gave me, and a little itty bitty one I bought in Siena. I still have them up, even though their Years are over.

I keep my work tasks on a cheesy smallish paper booklet calendar, assiduously ascribing hours to each client's billing, and add the odd dentist appointment to that too. (I try to avoid the odd dentist).

On matters like parties, fun things, I do up some kind of memo collage-y note for the refrigerator, where I'll be sure to see it.

I bought a Sharp knockoff of the Palm a few years ago. Whatta pain. I'm over it.

I have a collection of old calendars filled out religiously (I say that in a secular way) until about the beginning of each March..
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 09:02 pm
Thanks for the Boater's Box site. I clicked around on and found the pages for Belmar, NJ. I put it in my favorites.....It will come in handy next summer...... Cool

Fisherwomen>>>> Tall blonds with checkered blouses tied tightly, wearing denim short shorts and tall, hip boots??? :wink:

What A2k Calendar?
What would be on it? Childhood pictures of Craven? Group shots from the various meets around the countryside? Montana's horse?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 11:00 pm
Nonono, Joe, real fishermen and women, warts and all. And they are all wearing clothes (well mostly).

I dunno what would be on it. There was some discussion about putting together something with photos taken by A2Kers, but that was a while ago and I don't think it ever got past the planning stage.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 11:06 pm
<is imagining a calendar of childhood pictures of craven >

Shocked
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 03:08 pm
Okay-you're missing the

Dunkin Donuts gives me one each year-why think about it

choice selection
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 05:36 pm
I usually make my own, starting today and ending whenever the last day fits on a page. Most commercial calendars have really tiny numbers so as to leave more writing space. That's all well and good, but I'm so nearsighted I can't tell what day it is from here to the wall behind my desk, much less across the room!

So I build 'em, six weeks or so at a time, with half-inch bold numbers, a different color for each month...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 07:52 pm
OKAY! I got a belated birthday present from an old friend today, with certain apologies past the present's arrival date - she sent a 2003 calendar. But I forgive her, it was full of Corgi pictures...
0 Replies

GeneralTsao

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 02:34 pm
I have always loved calendars for some reason. I don't know why, as I'm not one to choose a particular theme every year.

Maybe I just like the photos. Over the years I've had everything from tractors, penguins, race cars, cows, diners, Ansel Adams, Coca Cola, flowers, football, etc. etc. etc.

I decided back in 1992 (or thereabouts) that I'd make a calendar for myself. I've made one every year since, and every year it's better and better.

Well, except for 2005's version, which I've not even begun yet, which is really bad since I put probably 60 hours or more into it.

Last year's calendar featured 13 of my own favorite photos in b&w, and dozens of quotations from various sources. Most of those quotes are humorous.

I print 1,500-2,500 calendars per year, most of which I give away to clients (I make one run with my company name printed on each page, and another run without advertising on it).
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 02:37 pm
I bought an Audubon desk calendar in September. I like the pics of the animals. At that time, I already had a few dates to fill in for 2005, and now there are so many!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 09:58 pm
I also love calendars for some reason ... I have a new program to customize your own calendar and have experimented by making one 12 page/month calendar with photos for my sister in VEgas. I'm so looking forward to seeing her reaction!
0 Replies