Lego master contest

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 04:06 pm
I saw the Lego animal entries of three contestants on TV today. Amazing what can be made of Legos. Have any of you been to Lego Land in the US or in Sweden? --- BBB

California's Legoland is part amusement park, part testimony to what you can do with interlocking plastic bricks when you put your mind to it. Its models include a life-size Shaquille O'Neal and a replica of Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras.

A six-person team of Model Master Builders creates and maintains the park's 5,000-plus constructions. If you think that sounds like fun, you're in luck: They're hiring. This week, Legoland reps embark on an eight-city tour to interview aspiring builders and conduct model-making auditions.

Candidates get 2,000 Lego bricks and 45 minutes to prove they know how to use them. Winners from each city will compete in the final at Legoland early next year.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 589 • Replies: 3
No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 10:44 am
bm
bm
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 10:54 am
Re: Lego master contest
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Have any of you been to Lego Land in the US or in Sweden? ]

I really doubt, there is a Legoland in Sweden!

The original Legoland is close to the factory in Billund/Denmark.

Then there's the new one in Günzburg/Germany, a small one in Windsor/UK and the mentioned one in Carlsbad/California.
:wink:
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 11:03 am
Walter
Walter, thanks for correcting my goof. It is in Denmark. I should know the difference from my travels in Scandinavia, one of my favorite areas of this world, but my brain cells are dying too fast.

Some lego projects:

http://www.el-caracho.de/html/guests/guests.htm
BBB
0 Replies