Women do not love the truth

hue-man

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 10:16 am
@LWSleeth,
LWSleeth;67039 wrote:
Not only is relying on "every woman you've known" a biased sample (maybe you only know Jezebels), your interpretations are subject to your very obvious prejudices.

You don't sound like a man who knows much about women, and you never will if you keep up such ridiculous pigeon-holing. I know if I were a woman you'd be the last man on Earth I'd want to open my heart to.

Maybe most of the people posting here are too inexperienced to understand, but it really gets good with a partner when you start seeing her/him as a fellow human being . . . no more and no less.

Wow; people really hate uncomfortable information. Put your defense shield down and just listen for a moment.

I'm not simply relying on my personal observations of women. That's anecdotal evidence, and I don't rely on anecdotes. Did you even read my entire post? Female human promiscuity has been proven again and again. Your willingness or unwillingness to accept it is up to you. Why is my 'interpretation' prejudiced? I've actually never knowingly had a mate cheat on me, so how is my acceptance of verified facts biased? How do I know that your 'interpretation' isn't biased? This has nothing to do with matters of perspective.

How am I prejudiced if I said that men are also naturally promiscuous? I have no grudge against women. You know nothing about my relations with women, and it seems like I know more about them than you do. I love the characteristics that make women who they are, and I'm sorry if I don't believe that they're perfect, but neither are men.

I'm not saying that a woman is guaranteed to cheat on you, even though many of them say that about men all of the time. If people have knowledge and practice wisdom and temperance, they can learn how to control their natural appetites regardless of how promiscuous they are by nature.
salima

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 10:26 am
@hue-man,
hue-man;67115 wrote:
Women are more romantic, yes; but the notion that women somehow don't have the sexual drive absent of romance is just a romantic myth. Many young women are more promiscuous than mature women, as these studies show and I've personally experienced.

I'm not really saying that women are more promiscuous than men, but they are just as promiscuous as men. Have you ever seen a woman in a strip club . . . lol. Mistaken paternity, genital size in primates, and direct observation of female behavior proves that female humans are naturally promiscuous. Of course female promiscuity varies from person to person just like male promiscuity. Some people are more promiscuous than others, but they can always learn how to control their behavior. I agree that there is a double standard, and that this behavior is accepted from men more than it is from women, but the myth that women are not naturally promiscuous only enables this double standard.

Cheating and promiscuity are the same thing. You said that cheating happens once or twice or even three times; two and three are multiple numbers, and that's the definition of promiscuity. Cheating is when you're in a monogamous relationship and you have an affair with someone else; that's seeking out more than one partner, and that's promiscuity. Sure some people have affairs for emotional reasons, but many have affairs for sensual reasons.

ok-i think we have established where we agree and where we disagree.

and no, i havent seen a woman in a strip club! do you mean a club for women to watch men strip? i didnt know they had them. i have heard of the chippendales, but i thought they were a las vegas act or something. how many women actually go to see those? i mean what proportion of the women in the world or the western world go to those? in my experience of the past half century, i have only heard of some women hiring a stripper to come to a bachelorette party maybe twice. but i have never met anyone who has been to a club to watch men strip. you and i have definitely not been hanging around the same crowds of people!

kind of a depressing topic. i hate to think of the psychological motives a woman might have to want to see a man strip. come to think of it, i havent had very many female friends in life...can i be that out of touch?
hue-man

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 10:35 am
@salima,
salima;67129 wrote:
ok-i think we have established where we agree and where we disagree.

and no, i havent seen a woman in a strip club! do you mean a club for women to watch men strip? i didnt know they had them. i have heard of the chippendales, but i thought they were a las vegas act or something. how many women actually go to see those? i mean what proportion of the women in the world or the western world go to those? in my experience of the past half century, i have only heard of some women hiring a stripper to come to a bachelorette party maybe twice. but i have never met anyone who has been to a club to watch men strip. you and i have definitely not been hanging around the same crowds of people!

kind of a depressing topic. i hate to think of the psychological motives a woman might have to want to see a man strip. come to think of it, i havent had very many female friends in life...can i be that out of touch?

I'm talking about strip clubs with men dancing for women. Most women in those clubs lose their damn minds. Not just young women either, but old women too! It's almost like sexual molestation or something. They do things that men get kicked out of strip clubs for. The psychological motive is the same for them as it is for men; they're horny. Of course cultural acceptance of female sexuality has a lot to do with it.

I'm a man, and I don't really like going to strip clubs. You don't have to hang around people like that to know about it. You ever watch HBO? lol
0 Replies

Justin

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 10:59 am
@LWSleeth,
hue-man;67115 wrote:
I'm not really saying that women are more promiscuous than men, but they are just as promiscuous as men. Have you ever seen a woman in a strip club . . . lol. Mistaken paternity, genital size in primates, and direct observation of female behavior proves that female humans are naturally promiscuous. Of course female promiscuity varies from person to person just like male promiscuity. Some people are more promiscuous than others, but they can always learn how to control their behavior. I agree that there is a double standard, and that this behavior is accepted from men more than it is from women, but the myth that women are not naturally promiscuous only enables this double standard.

While I understand what you are saying, in my experience and where I was raised the women have proven to be more stable while the men were out gallivanting around with other women trying to fulfill a sexual desire.

This behavior is practiced by both men and women but not all men and women. It depends on everything but not on the sex of the human. If we knew and understood what life is and how to fulfill peace within, we would all be better off. Promiscuity is a desire of the flesh not of the sex.

LWSleeth;67119 wrote:
Today (again, in societies that allow it), women are participating in every walk of life. Personally I am thrilled to see women in politics, law, science, etc. because they definitely bring much-needed qualities to society. The very best managers I've worked with (before retiring) were women; I don't want to over-generalize, but I think they are better "natural" managers than men.

Amen to that. We really need the balancing stability of women and I'm also glad to see them getting involved.

LWSleeth;67119 wrote:
I am married to a relatively unreflective woman, but who embodies in how she actually is and lives much of what I contemplate in philosophy. I wonder, who is more powerfully aware . . . the person who lives it, or the person who conceptualizes about it? That thought brings us to . . .

I too have a marriage like this. My wife isn't into Philosophy and lacks the desire or understanding of it but her life exemplifies a philosophy that could none other than balance out my own philosophy and character. In my family, my wife is the rock. She's patient, understanding, loves without prejudice, and lives a philosophy but has no interest in discourse of it. She's too busy maintaining our household and being a great mother and a wonderful wife. I consider myself very fortunate to have her in my life because without her I'd be a wreck.

LWSleeth;67119 wrote:
IMHO, this is far, far more true than than any culture has yet realized. In my marriage, I totally subordinate myself when I can tell she is exercising her natural strengths; and she does the same with me. It has created a a most loving friendship and effective partnership, and for me been a source of constant learning.

Yes, I can see this in our relationship as well. We've gone through stages of our marriage and at one time I'll admit to hating my wife, not because she was a bad person but because I had some issues with hating myself and reflected that attitude towards her steadfast ability to love the unlovely, which was me. Gradually, as our relationship grew out of the stage of sexual attraction and the flesh desires, I was able to see and admiration for this woman and a respect amongst ourselves that we could have never experienced otherwise. Had we given up on each other or had my wife not had enough patience to simply love me unconditionally, we would have gone from one relationship to another always blaming the other or identifying with the negative rather than the positive that we've been blessed with.

There is constant learning and constant evolution in any relationship. Once we can strip away the outer thinking and see the good within each other rather than the bad, we can become friends.

Today, my wife is my best friend. She claims that she knows me better than I know myself and much of this is true. Sure we have procreated a child and sure we enjoy the intimacy of sexual expression but our relationship is past all of that and we're best friends. I hope that everyone can endure long enough to discover that when they begin to see themselves differently their relationships will change and evolve from a caterpillar to a butterfly.

LWSleeth;67119 wrote:
It is unfortunate that kids are not taught relationship skills from puberty onward because most people enter into love relationships blinded by hormonal drives, and then after that calms down it too often turns into a competition between the male and female perspectives (rather than a cooperative, mutual-learning arrangement). There is a great body of work that addresses what Justin mentioned . . .

Absolutely. We can only receive that which we are willing to give of ourselves. Mankind wasn't designed or created to compete with each other we are here to express the love of creation through working in cooperation with each other.

I know of a girl, 24 maybe that lives with her father and her father believes that all women are whores. He's a single father, deadbeat and white trash to be honest with you, but he's raised his daughters to believe that women are whores and filthy and he even looks at his daughters in ways that are not healthy. Meanwhile his daughter lives with him and takes care of him and unless she can get away from such a mentality and such animosity displayed through her father, she is and will continue to have a hard time in any relationship.

People raise their children differently and teach them differently. It's not about what sex you are it's how we were molded and shaped throughout out lives as to what we believe in. If there's anyone to blame for the problems within society, it's surely not the women. For every prostitute their is a pimp that has broken a woman down enough for the man to make money. It's the men who sell the sex of women in my experience and it's the men who have delivered the oppression of women through religious beliefs and the downright simplicity that men can be pigs.

LWSleeth;67119 wrote:
A very nice way to put it. One of the great philosophies that is yet to get the kind of attention it deserves is Chinese Yin Yang theory, particularly as embodied in the I Ching expounding on the principles of complementary opposites.

Thank you! Where there is balance, there is the love of God. It falls under many theories and is hidden in many a doctrine but the expression of it is everywhere. If there is something called God that it be the great mind of creation, the one source of divided light of thinking mind into manifested physical form of our reality. Balanced opposites, IMHO create love without barrier and it's when we are not balanced is when the problems begin to arise in our relationships and our perceptions, which ultimately control those relationships and the rest of our lives.

LWSleeth;67119 wrote:
But even deeper than learning to recognize the action of complementary opposites is realizing where oneness is. We call it love, but even if we never call it anything, or never philosophize about it, we can always feel it.

Herein lies the root of all sin and evil, the inability to recognize the Oneness of all things that we divide and conquer daily. Once we can see this, we can then experience eternal bliss and be free from the teachings of the flesh and the doctrine of man.
0 Replies

LWSleeth

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 01:24 pm
@hue-man,
hue-man;67125 wrote:
Wow; people really hate uncomfortable information. Put your defense shield down and just listen for a moment. . . . Female human promiscuity has been proven again and again. Your willingness or unwillingness to accept it is up to you. Why is my 'interpretation' prejudiced?

[SIZE="3"]You miss the point of my criticism. Looking back at your comments in this thread I see a pattern of sloppy generalizations that characterize women based on the lowest common denominator. Should we characterize men as ball-scratching, boob-watching, spitting, two-minute-humping, sport and car-worshipping beasts because a large portion of the male population is like that? In that case we have to ignore the great men who've helped make the world a better place.

Similarly, for you to say, for example, that "The average woman's most common flaw is the inability to control their emotions at the most important times," doesn't give credit to the huge numbers of women who aren't like that. You could have pointed to any traits of women you wanted to, and all you could come up with is they are too emotional and as horny as men? Yet you say you aren't prejudiced. [/SIZE]
hue-man

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 01:56 pm
@LWSleeth,
LWSleeth;67178 wrote:
You miss the point of my criticism. Looking back at your comments in this thread I see a pattern of sloppy generalizations that characterize women based on the lowest common denominator. Should we characterize men as ball-scratching, boob-watching, spitting, two-minute-humping, sport and car-worshipping beasts because a large portion of the male population is like that? In that case we have to ignore the great men who've helped make the world a better place.

Similarly, for you to say, for example, that "The average woman's most common flaw is the inability to control their emotions at the most important times," doesn't give credit to the huge numbers of women who aren't like that. You could have pointed to any traits of women you wanted to, and all you could come up with is they are too emotional and as horny as men? Yet you say you aren't prejudiced.

I said the average women's common flaw is the inability to control their emotions at the most important times. Indeed many women do control their emotions, and that's why I said the average woman. Women have a higher degree of empathy than men, and that's usually a good thing, but it can also be of detriment if it's not balanced with logic. In that same post I mentioned the common flaws of men, but all you saw was me degrading the woman. I didn't realize that I had to be extra sensitive.

I was simply trying to get to the answer as to why philosophy seems to evade women more than men.
Zetetic11235

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 01:12 am
@hue-man,
Any 'raising' of one sex above another is absurd and ignorant(that goes for raising women above men as well). In general(meaning save for possible physical trouble, not emotional, not psychological) any dichotomy in gender roles stems from pure social circumstance.

Aedes, I understand that you feel the need to retaliate against what you and I would perceive as ignorance, however; elevating the 'woman' or even really talking about the 'woman' positively or negatively as any sort of homogeneous group(even just to make a small point by using the same sort of fallacy or rhetoric that another has used) seems to me to be disingenuous. Though I can understand the frustration.

To those who claim the woman to be more 'romantic', is it not equally possible that the men romanticize the women? Or more likely, that the women have been conditioned for such a temperament? What seems most sensible to me is that men's romantic ideas and passions are directed to non-human or otherworldly objects at an early age:building blocks, erector sets, video games, electronics, ect, women are often conditioned to find the perfect man (Barbie and Ken), get in the kitchen and cook (easy bake oven), obsess over frivolous things like clothes and hair(all of the products geared towards young girls).
salima

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 03:13 am
@Zetetic11235,
Zetetic11235;67288 wrote:
Any 'raising' of one sex above another is absurd and ignorant(that goes for raising women above men as well). In general(meaning save for possible physical trouble, not emotional, not psychological) any dichotomy in gender roles stems from pure social circumstance.

Aedes, I understand that you feel the need to retaliate against what you and I would perceive as ignorance, however; elevating the 'woman' or even really talking about the 'woman' positively or negatively as any sort of homogeneous group(even just to make a small point by using the same sort of fallacy or rhetoric that another has used) seems to me to be disingenuous. Though I can understand the frustration.

To those who claim the woman to be more 'romantic', is it not equally possible that the men romanticize the women? Or more likely, that the women have been conditioned for such a temperament? What seems most sensible to me is that men's romantic ideas and passions are directed to non-human or otherworldly objects at an early age:building blocks, erector sets, video games, electronics, ect, women are often conditioned to find the perfect man (Barbie and Ken), get in the kitchen and cook (easy bake oven), obsess over frivolous things like clothes and hair(all of the products geared towards young girls).

this is what i would like to see investigated. there are differences between the behavior of men and women as well as the level of their abilities. where do they come from? are they innate or have they been conditioned? how can each human being reach their full potential without being limited by social conditioning? i am not talking about legal rights etc but about psychological limitations that are mainly self imposed. how to identify and overcome those?

and most important of all, how can men and women understand each other better? any two individuals may have hundreds of reason for not understanding each other, but i think there is a really major misunderstanding between men and women that cuts across all cultures and societies. it may not be the same misunderstanding and it may not be reflected the same way, but it is a global problem within every society that i see. it's like this is where the breakdown in communication starts, and i think the best place to try to repair it. if all the married people in the world had the kind of relationship that i have heard some men here on the forum describe, i think there would be a lot better chance for success at world peace.

kids toys are a good point. as a child, i played mainly with boys' toys. i loved the trucks, especially caterpillar equipment, bulldozers and all and soldiers. we played cowboys all the time, and we played superman, but i also wanted to play with dolls and play house. my brother never wanted to do that-i dont recall anyone telling him not to, and no one told me not to play his games (he was two years younger by the way). but he seemed to feel right from the beginning that girls' games were boring-and so did i! at a certain point, i branched off into the oneway trip to clothes, makeup, marriage that all girls did in my generation.

everyone says women are limited by society. but all i really see from where i grew up in america that it is the men who are the most limited as far as expressing their true being. they are given all the opportunities for careers-but their psyche is being limited. maybe those days are over and the new generations are growing up freer-that is part of what i want to find out by listening to people on this forum. where exactly is the world going from where it was the last time i remember living in it...
LWSleeth

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 10:19 am
@salima,
salima;67293 wrote:
this is what i would like to see investigated. there are differences between the behavior of men and women as well as the level of their abilities. where do they come from? are they innate or have they been conditioned? how can each human being reach their full potential without being limited by social conditioning? i am not talking about legal rights etc but about psychological limitations that are mainly self imposed. how to identify and overcome those?

[SIZE="3"]It has been investigated. I don't know if you read my posts on the effects of hormones, but it isn't just my pet theory, the influence of hormones on humans (and other primates) is well documented. For example:
Male monkeys prefer boys' toys - life - 04 April 2008 - New Scientist
SpringerLink - Journal Article

Studies of children with CAH (congenital adrenal hyperplasia, which causes children to produce more of the male sex hormone androgen MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: Congenital adrenal hyperplasia showed interesting results. Boys with or without CAH played more with boy toys and less with girl toys; girls with CAH played more with boy toys than girls without CAH. Gender Development - Google Book Search Differences in gender behavior can almost completely be attributed to the mix of sex hormones an individual possesses. It isn't some deep, mystical quality of "femaleness" or "maleness," but rather little more than chemistry.

What the influence of sex hormones tells us about the humanness is far more significant than the conditions of "maleness" or "femaleness." (To take a more objective look at this idea, let's temporarily replace the idea of "femaleness" with open-flexible-nurture and the idea of "maleness" with focus-drive-strength.) Now, say, if a person were born free of the influence of sex hormones, the full potential for sending the mind either toward focus-drive-strength or open-flexible-nurture is fully present in that person. All we have to do is dose the child with the male mix of hormones, and the child will head toward focus-drive-strength; feed the child the female mix of hormones, and the child will develop open-flexible-nurture traits.

Yet in the core human, all potentials are present, so it isn't that a child, as he/she grows, can't learn to develop aspects that are not as well encouraged by their particular hormonal mix. And, in fact, this is exactly what happens. Today the popular idea of men developing their "female" side refers to the idea that we have that potential in us (even if dormant); likewise, women can leave traditional roles to be a "strong" woman.

What complicates this issue immensely is the cultural mores that have developed in conjunction with hormone-based behaviors. If, for example, a culture's mores demand a woman behave wholly in accord with typical female hormonal influences, then she may come to see traits associated with maleness as not appropriate for her. When raised with fellow humans all relating to us as "men" or "women" from birth onward (and often insisting we remain that way), it culturally inculcates the deluded belief that femaleness or maleness is actual being. So rather than relate to others as human beings, we see either a male being or a female being when in reality we are seeing a human being merely affected by the conditioning of hormones.

This why I have been critical of the posts here that talk about men being like this, and women being like that. It reinforces the illusion of gender-as-being over gender-as-condition, and so also reinforces the very stereotyping some of us are striving to eliminate in these sorts of discussions.[/SIZE]
Zetetic11235

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 11:04 am
@LWSleeth,
There are some curious results indicating a series of developmental differences between boys and girls. Leonard Sax is a bit of a zealot on this topic and what he thinks should be done, however; his books provide a large body of research and studies if you want to find a list of some of what has been looked into.

If it is fair(or rather true) to say that the neurological development in boys is different than that in girls, it would indicate that it might be possible to rectify the disparity in the interest of females vs. males in science ect. (though if we were to be holistic, shouldn't it also increase the willingness of males to be secretaries or nurses instead of going into construction management ect) via some sort of male and female schooling that is kept separate until, say, highschool.
0 Replies

Aedes

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 11:32 am
@the wise one phil,
I know this is a bit of a false dichotomy, but please indulge me.

Poll:

Which should we be more interested in --

a) The biological difference in how the brain determines the different career choices and academic strengths of males versus females

-or-

b) What are the societal and cultural factors that inhibit people from pursuing their strengths and interests?

In my mind, I think it's a matter of utter trivia whether the generic female brain is better at one subject and worse at another compared with the generic male counterpart.

All I know is that there is no academic pursuit that an interested, educated woman cannot succeed at, and the same is true for men. And all I care about is that people aren't discouraged from pursuing their interest just because at a statistical level their gender is regarded as less apt at a particular skill, even though that has no predictive power for the performance of an individual.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 11:40 am
@the wise one phil,
Well said. Why should differences between the two sexes mean women cant do this subject because apparently they're better at other subjects. I dont care! If a woman is brilliant at engineering then she should do it.
Zetetic11235

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 11:55 am
@Caroline,
Which is exactly what I assumed in my posts, and what I will continue to assume.

There are social and cultural constraints in place that must be revoked, but that can only be done if they are recognized as what the are, undue constraints. As long as people are unable to recognize a social constraint and dismiss it, there will likely always be undue cultural constraints.

Unfortunately, these constraints are so ingrained in many people that they view the idea that they can be removed to the benefit of society as a whole with either disgust or utter dismissal.
0 Replies