Judge Moore fired

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 11:24 am
Judge Moore (of the 10 commandments) found guilty and removed from the bench.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,328 • Replies: 64
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 11:34 am
I do hope he won't let the door hit him in the ass . . .
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 11:36 am
Serves the fool right.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 11:40 am
That's good news. The world is beginning to look as though it may recover from its flat period.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 12:01 pm
I suspect -- and hope -- that this decision says a hell of a lot more about the quality of justice in Alabama than the nonsense Moore was trying to peddle.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 12:13 pm
The prosecutor was a guy named Bill Pryor. Any relation?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 01:29 pm
Pryor, to his credit, was a loyal Moore supporter until the courts ruled against him.

Then Pryor decided that the rule of law actually meant, the rule of law.

Both these guys will run for office.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 01:31 pm
Yup, and the usual morons will support them. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 06:21 pm
Ah yes, that's good to hear.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 06:31 pm
That judge will be the next governor from that state.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 07:44 pm
I think it's a shame, considering the basis for our laws, 10 rules, which, if everyone followed to a tee, this world would be a great place to live I think. (an even grater place rather)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 08:57 pm
Well, onyxelle, some of the ten rules are pretty silly.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 09:02 pm
onyxelle wrote:
I think it's a shame, considering the basis for our laws, 10 rules, which, if everyone followed to a tee, this world would be a great place to live I think. (an even grater place rather)

Here is one of the "rules":

"I, the Lord, am your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. You shall not have other gods besides me. You shall not carve idols for yourselves in the shape of anything in the sky above or on the earth below or in the waters beneath the earth; you shall not bow down before them or worship them. For I, the Lord, your God, am a jealous God, inflicting punishments for their fathers' wickedness on the children of those who hate me, down to the third and fourth generation, but bestowing mercy, down to the thousandth generation, on the children of those who love me and keep my commandments." Deuteronomy 5:6ff

Do you really think following this rule would make the world a better place?
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 09:08 pm
well, I do, but that's just because I believe in that. as for the 'rules' in addition to that one I was mostly referring to the behavior governing rules. the single liner 'thou shalt nots'. I am not impressing what I believe upon anyone else, simply stating that I think if people did not murder, steal, lie and covet the belongings of other people that we wouldn't be in the place we are now. What is wrong with obeying: thou shalt not kill, lie, steal or covet to the point of commiting crimal acts?
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 09:09 pm
and for the record (I know i'm not perfect, far from it. In fact, I break almost all of them (except the murdering) more than I'd care to admit, but I don't dispute the goodness that could come of NOT breaking them.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 09:15 pm
We should perhaps edit the ten commandments, then?
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 09:24 pm
well, in my opinion they stand fine as they are, but for those of us that do not believe the way I do, I guess the whittling down of the 10 is what would be preferred....
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 09:31 pm
onyxelle, you are a bit confused.

The basis of our laws is the Bill of Rights *not* the ten commandments. Don't let the number fool you.

Everyone in these United states has the right to follow their own moral or religious code (including Mosaic) law, this is guaranteed by the first commandm... ooops I mean amendment.

Like it or not, the Constitution takes precidence over God in a Democracy. If you want to live in a Democracy there is simply no other way.

God seems to graciously understand and accept this. Judge Moore is a pompous fool who will have to deal with it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 09:31 pm
So, putting the display in the courtroom comes down to interpreting faith - something the US govt is foresworn to do. Sory; I am not trying to give anyone a hard time. I just consider it important to keep the separation of church and state alive.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 09:46 pm
I don't feel like I'm being given a hard time, and I've really never thought in any way other than what I've expressed. Different viewpoints are acceptable to me. I don't want to talk from both sides of my mouth, but it seems I'm about to do just that. In the courthouse here, in orlando, the elevators all say "God Bless America" is that not an implication that this courthouse (it's employees and all within) believe in such a God and that he has Blessed America? I would like church & state to be separate also...here in Florida, our govvie has us public paying money to private schools to let a few children who used to be public schooled kids get private school educations. (i'm rambling - so sorry)
0 Replies