Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 02:23 am
I get the feelin'
that you aren't fond of Shrub. Smile
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 07:50 am
Wilso
Quote:
Bush should get the ax. Straight through his neck.

It's a good thing you are not an American citizen. If you were our A. G. Evil or Very Mad would be coming after you. In any event I wouldn't be planning any trips to the USA unless you want to end up in Guantanamo. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 11:46 am
Yes AU1929, you might get spoken to for threatening someone with an axe here in the U.S.A. If you made the same threat to me, the police might have some words with you about what was printed. It's called making threats, and it is a crime whether you are the President or a potato farmer. If you threaten to chop up someone with an axe, the police come to speak to you. If you threaten the President, the Secret Service comes to speak to you....because it is a crime, not because of some 'right wing fascist repression'. Get a clue and realize that if you had made a similar threat to former Pres. W.J. Clinton, the Secret Service would have treated it the same way. Because it is a crime to threaten people in America.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 11:53 am
Wilso would have to beat me to the axe! Extra dull, please! Very Happy
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 11:58 am
Fedral wrote:
Yes AU1929, you might get spoken to for threatening someone with an axe here in the U.S.A. If you made the same threat to me, the police might have some words with you about what was printed. It's called making threats, and it is a crime whether you are the President or a potato farmer. If you threaten to chop up someone with an axe, the police come to speak to you. If you threaten the President, the Secret Service comes to speak to you....because it is a crime, not because of some 'right wing fascist repression'. Get a clue and realize that if you had made a similar threat to former Pres. W.J. Clinton, the Secret Service would have treated it the same way. Because it is a crime to threaten people in America.

Fed, will you please dispatch the Treasury Department officers to arrest Pat Robertson?

Quote:
Television evangelist and Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson's suggestion that a nuclear device should be used to wipe out the State Department was "despicable," department spokesman Richard Boucher said Thursday.

"I lack sufficient capabilities to express my disdain," Boucher said. "I think the very idea is despicable."

Robertson made the comments during a series of interviews on his "700 Club" television show with journalist Joel Mowbray, author of a new book, "Dangerous Diplomacy: How the State Department Endangers America's Security." Introducing Mowbray on his show, Robertson said that a reader of his book could conclude that the State Department needed a nuclear explosion.

"I read your book," Robertson said. "When you get through, you say, 'If I could just get a nuclear device inside Foggy Bottom, I think that's the answer,' and you say, 'We've got to blow that thing up.' I mean, is it as bad as you say?" Robertson said.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 12:01 pm
And guess what PD, if the Justice Dept. chose to, it could bring P.R. up on charges. Thats how the system works.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 12:20 pm
Fedral wrote:
And guess what PD, if the Justice Dept. chose to, it could bring P.R. up on charges. Thats how the system works.

I understand how the system works.

Why do you suppose they are letting him slide on a terrorist threat?

I doubt whether you or I could pronounce on television (even on a program as unwatchable as the 700 Club) that the State Department ought to be nuked without a visit from the FBI.

If you know Reverend Pat's history for requesting apocalyptic favors from God (remember the hurricane he prayed for to hit Washington? the wishing of a some mortal disease on liberal Supreme Court Justices?) then you know he wasn't joking.

So do want to make the phone call (or can I do it)?
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 12:22 pm
Just a little F.Y.I on the term Assault as per Florida (My home, your laws may vary):

(1) An "assault" is an intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, and doing some act which creates a well-founded fear in such other person that such violence is imminent.

(2) Whoever commits an assault shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

And thus if you had threatened the President, had an axe and had a ticket to Washington D.C. you would probably be guilty of assault.

If you had threatened me, had an axe and lived down the street, you would probably be charged with assaulting me.

As Pat Robertson probably doesn't have access to a nuclear warhead (we can only hope and pray) he probably wouldn't be charged with anything other that blatant stupidity.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 12:27 pm
I'll kill you all if you don't stop this silly sidetrack.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 12:29 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 01:06 pm
Don't axe me no questions if'n you don' think you'll like the ansahs.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 01:16 pm
Fedral wrote:
Just a little F.Y.I on the term Assault as per Florida (My home, your laws may vary):

(1) An "assault" is an intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, and doing some act which creates a well-founded fear in such other person that such violence is imminent.

(2) Whoever commits an assault shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

And thus if you had threatened the President, had an axe and had a ticket to Washington D.C. you would probably be guilty of assault.

If you had threatened me, had an axe and lived down the street, you would probably be charged with assaulting me.

As Pat Robertson probably doesn't have access to a nuclear warhead (we can only hope and pray) he probably wouldn't be charged with anything other that blatant stupidity.

At the risk of my life at the hands of ebrown_p, how did you get to 'assault' from 'terrorist threat'?

Re-familiarize yourself with the Patriot Act, Fed, and then check back.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 08:31 pm
Geez, the vast vast majority of "axe to the neck" type comments in daily life or in daily typing are letting out steam.

The people you need to watch out for, all you watchers, are the quiet ones...
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 08:40 pm
YOU're quiet, Osso!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 09:42 pm
Yes, I am.

Ahem!
0 Replies