who gets the axe over Iraq?

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 10:04 am
with the upcoming election and Bush's approval rating dropping, the typical political solution is to find someone to take the fall.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,646 • Replies: 35
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 10:08 am
Can it be Bush?

Puh-leeeeeeeze?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 10:12 am
I think it will be Bremmer. He will be sacrificied as the "person on the ground who could not control the situation"

Bush, Powell, Rumsfield are self styled planners. They will come out with "we planned perfectly, the execution (by Bremmer) was goofed up"
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 10:53 am
Soz--if only!

Either Bremmer or Rummy, for the reason given by Gautam.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 10:54 am
Don't think Bush will sacrifice Rummy - he might end up writing a book Twisted Evil
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 11:01 am
My guess is Powell. Just look at the movies. The black guy is always the first sacrificed, the first killed.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 11:15 am
eoe wrote:
My guess is Powell. Just look at the movies. The black guy is always the first sacrificed, the first killed.

I do hope that the remark was tongue in cheek.....
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 11:17 am
According to Star Trek, the guys in the red shirts are the sacrificial lambs. They aren't too picky about skin color; just shirt color.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 11:23 am
I think Rummy will get the axe--he's a loose cannon, and the boys and girls on Pennsylvania Avenue have been distancing themselves from him.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 11:28 am
I voted "other" in part because I think it will land on the necks of the intelligence community (and possibly Bremer) but mostly because I think Dys's question -- and poll -- are great... encourage wider discussion.

Rummy also looks like a good candidate, though his departure may not look clear-cut...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 12:03 pm
I'm hoping it will be the entire goddam administration -- and I am willing to wait until next November for it to happen.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 01:23 pm
Player to be named later. I doubt anyone will get the ax before the 04 election. As to who should get the ax that is a tough one since there is such an abundance of incompetence in this administration.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 04:09 pm
well, I'm going with Wolfowitz, he has been a thorn of contention from the git-go such as claiming that the anthrax event was proof of Iraqi terrorism in the US. also in losing Wolfowitz Bush saves face by blaming someone of less public notice.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 04:16 pm
Naw

You're all wrong----Rice has got to go---why?

She represents 3 minorities in the administration.

1. She's Black
2. She's a "her"
3. She's got brains Laughing
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 05:01 pm
OK I will play.
Bremmer. Why? He is the front man for the Occupation who will be easy to blame for failure. Of course, the language will be spun in a way as to not make it seem as if he bungled anything, merely another shift in admin. Any of the others cannot be shunted because that will be too obvious of the blatant failure of policy.

Shrub will always be protected because he needs to be seen as beacon of Democracy and Freedom. Man, those two words are such a sham.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 05:13 pm
Perception, I would have agreed with you if this were taking place 15 years ago, but she is well entrenched and, as you said, she is extremely intelligent. I think she has as much power as anyone else in the White House with the exception of Cheney. I always think of him as lurking in the background making decisions in secret.

George Tenet is one Dys didn't mention and I think he is on his way to being discredited--as he should be--the trouble is, he will take the CIA down with him.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 05:37 pm
I hope it's not Rice. As Sharon noted, she's got very nice legs.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 10:41 pm
Diane

I was only kidding----Rice probably has more influence than Cheney with the Pres but I can't figure out the way she handled the recent grab for power from Rumsfeld----I wish the news media wouldn't put so much "spin" on events of that nature. We'll now have to wait for the next book on the workings of the inner power structure to get the full story.

She's so squeaky clean that one would imagine her being a nun before the NSC job.

I really don't see anyone "getting the ax"----I think they all believe there is enough blame to go around so how do you single anyone out?

If anyone can be singled out it would be Wolfowitz because he and his crowd of whiz kids wouldn't listen to any knowledgeable people regarding the aftermath of the military victory or they "listened" to the wrong people. Either way he must take the blame becaue he's the chief analysing intellectual.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 11:21 pm
Bush should get the axe. Straight through his neck.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 02:17 am
The axe
Woulda volunteer for the job Wislo?
0 Replies