What is love?

Elmud

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2009 05:06 pm
@Fido,
Yeah. the moments don't last long do they.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2009 08:06 pm
@Elmud,
If you find yourself in a moment and you honestly think that for this moment you would trade your life; how many such moments does a man need... It is only with trepidation and great care that a small black widow spider mates with the larger female, and often they end up a meal as the price of their adventure... Do you think it matters much for them??? To mate we must love, and successful mating often means wife and children must tolerate us in all our disgusting maleness.... Should love not be all??? Should it not be the sole purpose of our lives??? We only have one life, and one chance to pass it on...Is that not worth a complete sacrifice no matter what we give???
Forget about all that, and think of the pleasure of a woman... Is any drug, or any excitment its equal??? How many times I have wished I had a zipper down my back so I could unzip my skin and enclose her and feel her all at once... And I am getting older... Perhaps the next time my unit will not work... Some day all our units won't work... Does that, should that reduce the pleasure??? If it is the last time, of if the next time is the last time, If I die in anticipation, or die soon after, then it was more than worth it, worth all, worth eternity in hell, the equal of heaven... I love her, and she is perfection...
0 Replies

the wise one phil

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2009 08:28 pm
@Elmud,
love is the confort and care we give to one another in our jounery through life.......olufeyimi tosin ........................................................ when a man love a woman they call it love but to me that is not love the man love a woman because he went sex if he truely love that woman he should not have sex with her. the union between a man and a woman is not love it is a sexual business
love is the human unity and brotherly care we give to humanity through charity
Fido

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2009 09:28 pm
@the wise one phil,
the wise one wrote:
love is the confort and care we give to one another in our jounery through life.......olufeyimi tosin ........................................................ when a man love a woman they call it love but to me that is not love the man love a woman because he went sex if he truely love that woman he should not have sex with her. the union between a man and a woman is not love it is a sexual business
love is the human unity and brotherly care we give to humanity through charity

I would agree with you that it is everything, all caring... Only in romantic love is the return nearly the equal of the gift we give... I give to my native Americans...I give to locals in need, because I have enough... I have received all I will get from my natives... I never see their smiles, but I sense their pain... And the more I give the more guilty I feel knowing I could do more, so I find I am wearing rags that are not fit to send to them, because when we give it should hurt, and when we love it should hurt, because you do not only share the happiness of a person in love, but their pain, as well...

As much as I love, and I do love, I am the most distant of people, to strangers and even to my wife and children... It is because it hurts to love, to feel another's pain, to fear their loss, to know the futility of love to save, or even to make life much better... I love, but I think I hate love, because it makes me feel like a victim... My kids have not figured it out, and if they did I would be broke... When I have a dime in my pocket I cannot refuse them...I don't throw money at them, but unless they have got me ticked off about something I will give them anything... Money is easy... Expressing my love makes me feel like I am giving them the power to destroy me...
0 Replies

Jose phil

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2009 04:57 am
@Elmud,
What is love?

Love is love. You don't need a simplier answer to that because love per se is simpliest form of emotion there is.
Fido

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2009 05:37 am
@Jose phil,
Jose wrote:
What is love?

Love is love. You don't need a simplier answer to that because love per se is simpliest form of emotion there is.

A is A, and love is love... What do I do if I find it in the dark???
Jose phil

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2009 05:48 am
@Fido,
"What do I do if I find it in the dark???"

Switch on the lights.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2009 08:09 am
@Elmud,
What do yu do if you find love in the dark?
Reach out and grab it.
Elmud

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 07:54 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline wrote:
What do yu do if you find love in the dark?
Reach out and grab it.

I did that once. I got slapped.
Jose phil

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 10:37 am
@Elmud,
It doesn't mean you shouldn't try again. Lots of things happen in the dark.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 10:39 am
@Elmud,
Elmud wrote:
I did that once. I got slapped.

ha ha lol:) .............
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 03:48 pm
@Elmud,
Love as a form of relationship is also a relationship... All relationships have their politics, even the most simple of relationships in appearance... In the proper order of things negotiation comes first, and specific performance follows...Get these out of order, and trouble is bound to result....

Certainly, if people cannot talk before love making they will not be able to talk afterwards... They just have to remember that in a sense, all talk about any other subject is the second intention as much as talk about talk is the second intention....

We all want that moment of Love... We think that for women, that it should mean more... In fact, for all people it should mean more, that not only love, but all things human have been robbed of meaning, and it is the challenge of all of us in the stuff and nonsense of our lives leading up to the act of love, that we give each other meaning, and recognize how we have all been robbed of meaning, and vow NEVER to do to our lovers what life does to all of us against our wills...Inevitably, your wife, or woman will tell you what she wants in her house, in her home, and in her life...It might be as simple as putting the toilet seat down, or cleaning it once a century or so; but doing such as we are desired to do, even if it has no particular meaning to us, is often enough to earn us love...

And can you really earn it??? Can you deserve IT, sex, love. intimacy...We take so much and trash so much in life, and we learn to devalue sex; but it is all a part of the self negation we practice in youth to defuse our fear of the future... Consider all the treasures in the bank of a woman, and whether her desire to give her self lessen her value??? Can you reproduce yourself without her??? Perhaps you do not want that now, but sterility, so you can take and trash...Can anyone else feel as she feels, smell with her scent, laugh with her music, or dance the dance of life with every movement??? How can a man taste a girls skin, and see the world through her hair and trash her, and the experience of her intimacy???It is demeaning... To look at the body of a woman as a living toy is demeaning...Can demeaning come from meaning, or is it only more of the same, the expression of a meaningless life???

There are many things an old man knows that a kid will never understand...But the reason for trashing love which is so hard to come by no old man will ever know....Only the hatred of life that comes with youth can explain it...Nothing can justify it... It is a cruel trick life plays on a man, that while he can be a good lover he does not know how to love, and when he can no longer serve love as she deserves then he can know love...

Two qualities are required of a man to love...One is perfect health, mental and physical.... Since youth is madness, no youth can love...The other quality a man needs to love is courage, and youth hides fears behind a thousand brave bluffs... Only the ability to face death, or anything less than death with perfect abandon; the ability to think once and live up to that thought, to step over that line marked eternity, and leave it all else behind will make a man fit for love... The love a woman isn't for sissys... She is life.. She is Aphrodite... Do you think you are man enough to hang on to her??? Do you have the guts to try???Bare your heart to her blade...Nothing can spare you the pain life holds for you...Your only defense is your sense... Drop the armor, the impedimenta, the pretense... Nothing can save you from love... Abandon hope... Embrace love; And love will save your soul...
Elmud

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 04:25 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:
Love as a form of relationship is also a relationship... All relationships have their politics, even the most simple in appearance... In the proper order of things negotiation comes first and specific performance follows...Get these out of order and trouble is bound to follow.... Certainly, if people cannot talk before love making they will not be able to talk afterwards... They just have to remember that in a sense, all talk about any other subject is the second intention as much as talk about talk is the second intention.... We all want that moment of Love... We think that for women, that it should mean more... In fact, for all people it should mean more, that not only love, but all things human have been robbed of meaning, and it is the challenge of all of us in the stuff of our lives leading up to the act of love, that we give each other meaning, and recognize how we have all been robbed of meaning, and vow never to do to our lovers what life does to all of us against our wills...Inevitably, your wife, or woman will tell you what she wants in her house, in her home, and in her life...it might be as simple as putting the toilet seat down, or cleaning it once a century or so; but doing such as we are desired to do, even if it has no particular meaning to us, is often enough to earn us love...

Can this thing really be defined? We can express our opinions on what it may be. The qualities and characteristics of it, but, it still remains somewhat of a mystery. The feelings between a woman and a man, can only be understood, by themselves.
Fido

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 05:09 pm
@Elmud,
Elmud wrote:
Can this thing really be defined? We can express our opinions on what it may be. The qualities and characteristics of it, but, it still remains somewhat of a mystery. The feelings between a woman and a man, can only be understood, by themselves.

Of course not...As we define love we define life, with every fibre of our being, and every moment of our time... And we all do the same, so we all live and love and fill out the meaning of these relationships... And it is how we live and love that makes our lives remarkable to others, but they must first be remarkable to ourselves...How can anyone be great wtihout a sense of self in the universe???We love as children when love is easy... When we love by choice, let down our guards, and take all that comes our way, then we are embracing all that is human... I don't know if it is better to have a sense of the human condition, to realize when we love that we are reproducing a situation common to all our distant ancestors, and with no less meaning, to see the futility and tragedy in it, to brush away all with a hand, and dry ones tears, and comfort ourselves and our others with our touch...I see it as an enormous thing, beyond description, definition, and understanding... I see that to embrace love and life consciously, without anger or fear, is what makes humans human... We must be heroic... The pain of love is no less than the pain of life, and as necessary to the successful completion of life as a step is to a journey...No one can feel pain but through love... Those who cannot love, or never have a chance in life flop around like fish and die, gasping... What do they know of pain???They live, and they die..But love connects, so we feel for all who feel for us, and if they turn on us we are defenseless and sensitive... When some one dies who loves you, and it is you gasping out your own last breath with theirs; and then when you gather yourself up you find you are living for two, thinking for two, sharing your life with an unintended passenger on your own two feet...
0 Replies

ReliantJDP

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 05:16 pm
@Elmud,
I want to ask Haddaway.
Elmud

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 11:55 pm
@ReliantJDP,
ReliantJDP wrote:
I want to ask Haddaway.

would that be Jane Haddaway on the Beverly hillbillies?
0 Replies

Khethil

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 06:12 am
@ReliantJDP,
ReliantJDP wrote:
I want to ask Haddaway.

Haha... I know what he's talking about. This tune hits me every time I see the thread title - along with the two schmucks from Saturday Night Life bobbing their heads to it.
0 Replies

patchouli phil

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 01:40 pm
@Elmud,
Maybe love is the meaning we give to the feeling of dopamine, norepinephrine, phenylethylamine, and hormones acting in our bodies. It seems more biological to me than anything else. It's what we psychologically make of those chemicals that determines how we define it. Just my .02.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 03:52 pm
@Elmud,
I am certain it is chemical... Nothing else can explain that rush of emotion, the binding, the loss without... Love is one of those things of such enormity in our lives that it seems at times like a diamond where in any facet we can see others, and, ourselves reflected....
0 Replies

Bones-O

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 05:03 pm
@Elmud,
Love's too big to be just chemical. It has to be... EVERYTHING! Chemical, social, emergent, fundamental, moral, religious, aesthetic, cultural, psychological... the lot.
0 Replies