I wrote this essay as if I were God

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 07:21 pm

Aware of infinite potential in vast unplowed fields of nothing, I strode with great beams of cosmic light toward the infinite horizon of eternity, sowing seeds of existence before the timeless moment of creation. I am the boundless Mind, Original Self-Awareness the cause of everything, relative to nothing I am "This".

On the panorama of bleak blackness, I AM "The Absolute", sowing universal energy. Reality was my aim and the beauty of my achievement. Illuminating the darkness with beams of dazzling radiant glory was the first event of reason. I formulated in my mind the first numbers and called them "Zero" and "One",

With the simplicities and realities of the fundamentals of' "one, and 'zero", "I made everything". I am the Prime Mover and there was no proponent to my "First Cause". I am the "Immovable Rock" and the" Alpha point". I took these first numbers and weaved them into the fabric of the reality, creating all the limitless universes on the infinite timeless foam of nothing, which now makes all up existence. Indeed, I am the Almighty One. If you are, wise do one thing Respect me The Lord.

I am the creator of the totality of all existence known by many names and titles but you must all refer to be by the title that can never be confused by anyone. Call me The "Almighty One.

I AM the Ceaseless Creator of all things

What do you think, ?

Alan

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 10,734 • Replies: 61
No top replies

incubusman8

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 06:51 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Well you wrote the idea very well. It's good.

Could you say with absolutely certainty that it's true?
Zetherin

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 09:32 am
@incubusman8,
I think with a little less babble, and a little more stark advertising, you could be like this guy:

0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 11:48 am
@Alan McDougall,
Zetherin tone down your rhetoric , you come over as an immature person.

If you can do better post some of your great essays

I did not join this forum to be insulted a forum is not about who can trade the best insults, it is all about gaining insight from each other
Zetherin

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 01:48 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall wrote:
Zetherin tone down your rhetoric , you come over as an immature person.

If you can do better post some of your great essays

I did not join this forum to be insulted a forum is not about who can trade the best insults, it is all about gaining insight from each other

Oh, I apologize if you took offense to my reply, I never meant to sound bitter. I don't feel it was an insult, but a mere exchange of ideas.

After reading "I am the almighty one" and "respect me The Lord", I had no choice but to think of Jose.

As for essays, I would guess if you cut and pasted everything I've ever typed on this forum, we could fill quite a few essays up, but I'd rather them be stored online here.

Thank you for your contribution and sorry for the misunderstanding,

Z
Alan McDougall

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 02:34 pm
@Zetherin,
Zetherin,

I took offence at the term "babble" , but I got over it quickly

I have belonged to many forums and have been haunted by people that just want to tear apart anything one posts.

That has made me overly sensitive. I am sorry I should have contacted you via a PM

I am not saying you did this , but maybe a liitle forthought before responding to another persons quote would be helpful

And I never cut and paste another persons writings unless I include the link

Now we can continue as brothers in the beautiful realm of philosophical thought

Take Care

Alan
hammersklavier

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 04:05 pm
@Alan McDougall,
It reminds me quite a bit of the lexicon in the Bhagavad-Gita. I don't have the text right here with me right now, but remind me sometime to give you some examples.
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 07:22 pm
@Alan McDougall,
hammers

I know nothing about the Bhagavad-Gita other than it is Hindu holy scriptures.

I would be very interested if you could find out any similarities to my essay

Alan
0 Replies

Dichanthelium

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 02:40 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall wrote:

... I am the boundless Mind, Original Self-Awareness the cause of everything, relative to nothing I am "This". ...

Indeed, I am the Almighty One. If you are, wise do one thing Respect me The Lord.

I am the creator of the totality of all existence ...

I like it because it it emphasizes the unfathomable mystery of the creative force in the universe, and it also illustrates that a lot of us are inclined to ascribe something like personality to that force.

But how would I know that these are indeed the words of the Almighty One? What would be the actual mode of communication?
Didymos Thomas

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 04:49 pm
@Dichanthelium,
God makes grammatical errors?

Also, if this is God, wouldn't He be the ceaseless creator and destroyer of all things?

Interesting post Alan.
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 10:54 am
@Alan McDougall,
Didymos Thomas,

Who said this was God I wrote as I perceived God. It is me that has made grammatical errors, but this is a poetic essay and I took "poetic licence' which should have been obvious.

And yes he is also the destroyer
hammersklavier

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 03:38 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan, some quotes from the Gita. Referenced in the Stoler Miller translation:

Neither the multitude of gods
nor the great sages know my origin,
for I am the source of all
the gods and great sages
. 10.2

I am Vishnu striding among the sun gods,
the radiant sun among lights;
I am lightning among the wind gods,
the moon among the stars.

I am the song in sacred lore;
I am Indra, the king of the gods;
I am the mind of the senses,
the consciousness of creatures.

I am gracious Shiva among howling storm gods,
the lord of wealth among demigods and demons,
fire blazing among the bright gods;
I am golden Meru towering over the mountains
. 10.21-3

I am the endless cosmic serpent,
the lord of all sea creatures;
I am chief of the ancestral fathers;
of restraints, I am death.
[Sk. kala].

I am the vowel a of the syllabary,
the pairing of words in a compound;
I am indestructible time
[Sk. kala],
the creator facing everywhere at once. 10.29,33

I am the beginning, the middle,
and the end of creations, Arjuna;
of sciences, I am the science of the self;
I am the dispute of orators.

I am Krishna among my mighty kinsmen;
I am Arjuna among the Pandava princes;
I am the epic poet Vyasa among sages,
the inspired singer among bards
. 10.37--one of my favorites

Stoler Miller:
I am time grown old,
creating world destruction...
Oppenheimer:
I am become Death, destroyer of worlds... 11.32

Giving you these quotes makes me reflect that these great statements by Krishna in the Gita echo Jesus' great I am statements in the Book of John. Perhaps the way we imagine God to speak is itself a universal of culture...
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 03:54 am
@Alan McDougall,
Thanks,

I have never read the Gita and am amazed how close it is to my belief.

As an oldy I remember the Oppenheimers quote to president Truman "I am become death, destroyer of worlds", President disliked Oppenheimer intensely and said to his aids "I never want to see that man again"

I have really never read any Indian Hindu philosophy or religious sacred writings and have often been told my essays are similar .

I simple can never separate God and make him some sort of a superbeing sitting on a throne. To me he is synonymous with creation and existence the uncaused cause of everything

Alan
0 Replies

hammersklavier

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 08:02 am
@Alan McDougall,
Well, there's your reason. In Indian thought the divine is like the Force, it surrounds, enfolds, permeates us. Brahman is separate from us but we are all figments of Brahman: we exist within the existence of Brahman, or to put it another way, Brahman is the universe.

I like Hindu thought.
0 Replies

Elmud

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 09:35 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall wrote:

Aware of infinite potential in vast unplowed fields of nothing, I strode with great beams of cosmic light toward the infinite horizon of eternity, sowing seeds of existence before the timeless moment of creation. I am the boundless Mind, Original Self-Awareness the cause of everything, relative to nothing I am "This".

On the panorama of bleak blackness, I AM "The Absolute", sowing universal energy. Reality was my aim and the beauty of my achievement. Illuminating the darkness with beams of dazzling radiant glory was the first event of reason. I formulated in my mind the first numbers and called them "Zero" and "One",

With the simplicities and realities of the fundamentals of' "one, and 'zero", "I made everything". I am the Prime Mover and there was no proponent to my "First Cause". I am the "Immovable Rock" and the" Alpha point". I took these first numbers and weaved them into the fabric of the reality, creating all the limitless universes on the infinite timeless foam of nothing, which now makes all up existence. Indeed, I am the Almighty One. If you are, wise do one thing Respect me The Lord.

I am the creator of the totality of all existence known by many names and titles but you must all refer to be by the title that can never be confused by anyone. Call me The "Almighty One.

What do you think, ?

Alan

were you lonely?
0 Replies

YumClock

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 11:20 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Well, in style I thought it was very godlike. It gave a pretty good impression of what Christians think of their god.

I'd be interested to see what God actually feels, though.

On an unrelated note, shouldn't this be in Religion?
0 Replies

Justin

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 06:37 am
@Alan McDougall,
Post was moved to Creative writing. Alan this type of thing should go in your blog.
Alan McDougall

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2009 01:46 am
@Justin,
Justin wrote:
Post was moved to Creative writing. Alan this type of thing should go in your blog.

I agree it belongs in my blog and I put it there long ago. I acknowledge I posted it in the wrong place as I was new to the forum

Quote:

Previously posted by YumClock
Well, in style I thought it was very godlike. It gave a pretty good impression of what Christians think of their god.

I'd be interested to see what God actually feels, though.

On an unrelated note, shouldn't this be in Religion?

It has nothing to do with the "Christian concept of god", Their god sits on a throne somewhere in the Orion belt , I think, and is a being ,my idea of god on the other hand is an all pervading essence.

It is just a poetic sedition from my own vivid imagination and I never expected anyone to take it seriously

Alan
0 Replies

hue-man

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2009 11:50 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall wrote:

What do you think, ?

Alan

Not bad Alan, but I would have liked to see you go into more contemplation about misfortune and evil. I would wonder what a creator would think of his creation of evil and natural misfortune, and his foreknowledge of its eventual happening. This God sounds like Yahweh, the egotistical son of a ***** that he was, lol. This God sounds like a creator who thinks he's the **** because he created something. Almost like a deadbeat dad who thinks he's the man because he could impregnate a female.
Alan McDougall

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 05:44 am
@hue-man,
hue-man;59638 wrote:
Not bad Alan, but I would have liked to see you go into more contemplation about misfortune and evil. I would wonder what a creator would think of his creation of evil and natural misfortune, and his foreknowledge of its eventual happening. This God sounds like Yahweh, the egotistical son of a ***** that he was, lol. This God sounds like a creator who thinks he's the **** because he created something. Almost like a deadbeat dad who thinks he's the man because he could impregnate a female.

Yeah the old guy seems very egotistical doesn’t it? But it is not YAHWEH or Jehovah, it is a sort of entity that awoke, became aware in utter darkness and tried to create its own reality, it is an invention of my poetic mind and maybe Yahweh influenced my subconscious to ensure he got the credit

But yes Yahweh was/is a very bloodthirsty, egotistical entity requiring one to bow, humble and praise it day and night for the life he has given you, even though it was not our decision to come into existence.

It has always amazed and perplexed me why an OMNIALL being of infinite power would require puny entities like us to murder innocent animals to please him and get his blessing. Abraham offered a goat to God as a sacrifice, how silly is that, Abraham/Jacob did not sacrifice anything. It was the poor innocent animal that suffered and offered up its life :perplexed:

I will revised the essay and change it around a little and see how it read then

Peace :bigsmile:

Alan