Truth

Fred

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 05:00 pm
They say that everyone has a soul mate out there. well I have tried and struck out. And I feel that it was always because of me. Well maybe its time I start to live with the fact that I dont have that certain someone out there!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 724 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Montana

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 05:24 pm
There is someone for everone Fred, so just hang in there. Hey, I've been without a relationship for 6 years now and I've learned that you don't need a partner to be happy. I hope to someday find that special someone, but in the mean time, I'm content with just myself. You're nursing a heartache at the moment, so just give yourself time to heal and you'll be just fine.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 05:28 pm
There is someone for everyone, I believe that, but you need to let go of the "soulmate" baggage. My now-husband drove me absolutely insane in several ways at the beginning, and if I had been thinking in terms of soul mate then I probably would've dumped his ass. How could I possibly spend my life with someone allergic to cats and who didn't like dogs?? (I love cats, and dogs.)

But without that baggage, we got to know each other better and better, and some dozen years on I'm awfully glad that we happened across each other.

Just have fun, do what's right for you, don't overreach, and things will work out eventually.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 06:36 pm
'Zactly, soz.

Also, may I ask, how old are ya, Fred? I'm 41. Didn't meet my husband until I was 26; we got married a few months before I turned 30. I dated a lot of losers before him; he dated a lot of losers before me. But those people had a purpose - which I think is to help us all see what's good once we get there.

'Sides, right now I have the uncontrollable urge to yell, "You can't handle the truth!"
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 06:54 pm
I agree with both Soz and Jes. I'm 39 and happily single, so the sky is the limit Fred. You need to learn to be happy with yourself before you can find happiness with someone else ;-)
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 06:21 am
Sometimes I feel the same.....but I was lucky enuff to be withsome, even if it was for a short time, who gave me all the love I could possibly need for a lifetime...
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 06:46 am
I used to think like you Fred. Then I finally met a friend who took it upon herself to get me out of my rut. Bought some new clothes, new glasses, and most of all a new attitude, and now I'm in contact with half a dozen ladies I've met on a singles site online, and I'm feeling pretty confident.

None of which would've been necessary if Australasia was a little closer to the North American continent, but them's the breaks unfortunately.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 06:49 am
American Singles

Give this a try. Over 10000 people are online right this minute, and most of them are in the US.
0 Replies