The idea that the Jews are God's chosen people?

Solace

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 10:44 pm
@Robert Drane,
Quote:

Is there a place for humour in philosophy?

Well, I should hope that there is a place for humour everywhere. Even if philosophy leaves humour by the wayside, a debate forum never should. Humour can take the edge off some of the more caustic arguments.

I guess there's more I could say, but this is off-topic. If you want to start a thread on this, go for it... could be interesting.
Didymos Thomas

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:27 am
@Solace,
Quote:
Correct about the difference in treatment. Arabs kill Jewish prisoners, so Jews should also kill Arab prisoners. Seems fair to me.

(And Arabs were never ever ever ever displaced. Maybe they should be but it has yet to EVER happen)

If Arabs were never, ever displaced, then what displacement were you not condoning?

In any case, I gave you an example of Arabs being displaced by Jewish settlement. Not to mention the fact that thousands have been displaced, at least according to the Internal Displacement Monitering Centre:
IDMC | Internally Displaced persons (IDPs) in Israel

As for the prisoner situation - I'm not trying to say that anyone should be killed on either side. Here's the situation: Israeli authorities execute Arab terrorists and not Jewish terrorists. This is discrimination based on ethnicity/nationality. Is racial descrmination an acceptable arbiter of life and death?

Quote:
The Arabs will not be satisfied with anything but the end to a Jewish state. They've attacked several times in the past and will continue to do so in the future.

All Arabs? Every single one? Or a portion of the Arab population, a portion that tends to have been particularly hard hit by economic difficulty?

Broad generalizations like this do not work, Benyamin. It would be incorrect to say that no Jew will be satisfied until the Biblical borders of Isreal are restored, though some Jews demand such a thing. Similarly, it is incorrect to say that no Arab will be satisfied until the Jewish state is destroyed, even though some Arabs do feel this way.

Yes, Arabs have attacked the Jewish state. But we have to remember some things: the establishment of the Jewish state was an attack on the people already living there. As a result of the Jewish state thousands have been forced from their homes. Many more killed, according to Human Rights Watch, in indiscriminate killings of civilians at the hands of Israeli Defense Forces.

Both sides has blood on their hands. Middle ground can be found if both sides are willing to sit down and look to the future. Many Jews and Arabs are ready to do this, ready to sit down and work out an arrangement that meets the need of Israelis and of Arabs. Both sides has needs, and on middle ground, the needs of both sides are not mutually exclusive. Only when the conflict is taken as an "us versus them" problem are the two sides unable to reach a compromise.

Quote:
In fact, Islam will not be satisfied with anything less that conquering the world. When Europe defeated them 400 years ago they said, "Today you defeated us from without, tomorrow we will defeat you from within."

Again, this is a generalization I'm not prepared to make. I know Muslims, and I can confidently report that there are at least some Muslims uninterested in world domination.
Islam is a religion with many different groups under the larger umbrella.

I'm not sure where that quote comes from, but context would be interesting.
Binyamin Tsadik

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 06:12 am
@Didymos Thomas,
How many accusations can I defend at once. I go to sleep for one night and I wake up with all of this....

Lets see...

Quote:
You don't cry about the rest of the world

How do you know? So far all I've been doing is defending; why don't you open a thread so we can cry about the whole world together.

Quote:
racial discrimination

strong accusation. But when I make a blanket statement about the Arab world attacking Israel I'm not talking about individual decisions I'm talking about National decisions.
Today Israel is threatened by Iran, Syria, Lebanon, and the newly formed Palistinian Nation in Gaza, not to mention internal groups.
In the past Jordan, and Egypt, and Iraq have also joined this attack.

Quote:
what displacement are you not condoning?

hmm a direct question... There has never been Arab displacement. The only displacement of Palistinians that I know of is when they ran away of their own volition during wartimes. But most of them returned.

Today, anywhere in Israel Arabs build houses on empty land, but as soon as an empty area is settled by Jews the government intervenes and stops them.

Quote:
equal treatment of Jewish and Arab terrorists

First of all, there have been very few Jewish terrorists modern history. The most major terrorist groups faught off the british occupation and rescued Jewish prisoners, this group later formed the IDF.

And the few Jewish Terrorists that exist were caught by the "Jewish State" so it is not an international issue. A terrorist that comes from another nation to inflict harm on the nation that captures him is an international issue. And execution is perfectly fair. It is an act of war, and in war the enemy is killed.

Sorry if I didnt answer everyone but I have to help my wife prepare for Shabbat. Have a good weekend
Didymos Thomas

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:32 pm
@Binyamin Tsadik,
Quote:
strong accusation. But when I make a blanket statement about the Arab world attacking Israel I'm not talking about individual decisions I'm talking about National decisions.
Today Israel is threatened by Iran, Syria, Lebanon, and the newly formed Palistinian Nation in Gaza, not to mention internal groups.
In the past Jordan, and Egypt, and Iraq have also joined this attack.

But to make generalizations based on some nation's politics misses the point, as well. Not all Arabs want Israel off the map.

As for the past, in the past the US fought massive wars against Germany and Japan. But in the present, Germany and Japan are two of the US closest allies. Just because a nation has been hostile does not mean a nation is still hostile.

Besides, the racial discrimination was about the discrimination between Jewish and Arab prisoners. The Arabs are executed the Jews spend a few years in prison, all for exactly the same crime.

Quote:
hmm a direct question... There has never been Arab displacement. The only displacement of Palistinians that I know of is when they ran away of their own volition during wartimes. But most of them returned.

What are you talking about? So far I've given you an example of Jewish settlement displacing Arabs, and then I provided a link with plenty of information about the displacement of Arabs in Israel.

Arabs, as a matter of fact, have been displaced by the state of Israel. Maybe this is okay, maybe not, but it certainly has happened in the past.

Quote:
And the few Jewish Terrorists that exist were caught by the "Jewish State" so it is not an international issue. A terrorist that comes from another nation to inflict harm on the nation that captures him is an international issue. And execution is perfectly fair. It is an act of war, and in war the enemy is killed.

Who cares if the issue is international or not? The incident may be national or international, but if the difference in punishment for criminals is based upon race, that's racial discrimination.

Maybe execution is fair, I'm not debating capital punishment. I'm pointing out the fact that the state of Israel is more lenient for Jews, and imposes harsher punishments on Arabs.

Further, not all Arab terrorists come from outside of Israel. Some are internal. Yet, in these cases the Arabs are also executed, while Jews receive comparatively minor punishment.
Binyamin Tsadik

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 12:17 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas wrote:
But to make generalizations based on some nation's politics misses the point, as well. Not all Arabs want Israel off the map.

How do you know? The Arabs here pretty much do. The only ones who don't are the Drews but they hate the Arabs.
Do you know what Arab culture is? Real Arab culture? I'm not talking about individual arabs, I'm talking about their national culture. Terrorists are not individuals, they are part of the organized whole. Children are brought up thinking that terrorists are national heroes. Whenever a successful attack occurs, do you hear the Arab parties. I tell you that I see the fireworks from Jerusalem. But I am not discriminating, I have met plenty of Arabs here and in Canada. The ones here are very different. I worked with them in construction while I was still a student, and I checked hundreds of them at checkpoints while I was in the army. Even the most righteous of them, the ones that want peace, the ones that sat by the checkpoints talking to us for hours beleive that Israel is an evil entity.

Didymos Thomas wrote:
As for the past, in the past the US fought massive wars against Germany and Japan. But in the present, Germany and Japan are two of the US closest allies. Just because a nation has been hostile does not mean a nation is still hostile.

There is a concept in Islam that is as follows:
All of the lands that were once in Muslim Hands and were taken away, must be reconqured.

And another one:
All those who have shamed Muslims in war must be destroyed for they have shamed the great one above.

Perhaps this is not an individual beleif but it is a National one.
But I don't even know what the point of this discussion is.

Didymos Thomas wrote:
Besides, the racial discrimination was about the discrimination between Jewish and Arab prisoners. The Arabs are executed the Jews spend a few years in prison, all for exactly the same crime.

That's the difference. ARABS ARE NOT EXECUTED!!! they are all set free. They are set free every day. We had missions cancelled while I was in the Army because the Jails were too full and they had no more room for all of the Terrorists we were catching.

I was the one that said that we should be executing them. We can only kill them if we catch them in the act of attacking someone and even then we are instructed to shoot them in the legs or the shoulder first.

And it's not the same crime at all! The Non-Israeli, Arab Terrorist is committing an act of international warfare. They are coming onto Israeli soil and attacking us. This is an act of war.
A Jew that is about to attack Arabs and happens to be stopped by the Israeli military or police is caught by his own nation and did not commit an act of war against the nation of Israel.
In the old days King David would give Jews like this over to the enemy so that they could execute them but of course, even then, King David never executed someone himself.

Didymos Thomas wrote:
What are you talking about? So far I've given you an example of Jewish settlement displacing Arabs, and then I provided a link with plenty of information about the displacement of Arabs in Israel.

The site is bogus, and what settlement? There is no such settlement!

Didymos Thomas wrote:
Arabs, as a matter of fact, have been displaced by the state of Israel. Maybe this is okay, maybe not, but it certainly has happened in the past.

It's not fact! It never happened. I will give you an example of a place where Arabs were so called "displaced"

Kibbutz Kfar Etzion. It was a Jewish settlement before the establishment of the state. When the state was established and the United Nations decided what the boarders of Israel were to be, Kfar Etzion was outside of the line. The Arabs then decided to attack Kfar Etzion because it was outside of Israeli territory (even though no Arabs lived there and it wasn't bothering anyone). They slaughtered the entire village and there were only two survivors. And My wife's unkle was one of them. They threw a grenade into a bunker where women and children were hiding.
My wife's unkle was thought dead and the Jordanians threw him with the rest of the dead.
A few years later, Israel "Displaced" the Arabs living in this village. And re-established it as a Jewish village.

This is one example of many, of the so called "Displacement" of Arabs.

Most of the Arabs, however, that were "Displaced" fled during wartime of their own volition. Such as the Arabs in Haifa which was and still is an Arab and Jewish City. A great percentage got scared and ran away to Jordan. Afterwards many came back and re-claimed their homes but some of them did not return. The ones that never returned are called "Displaced" Arabs.

Didymos Thomas wrote:
Who cares if the issue is international or not? The incident may be national or international, but if the difference in punishment for criminals is based upon race, that's racial discrimination.

Not based on race but on NATION. And this is my oppinion. It is not the way the Israeli government acts today. Jews are usually punished worse for crimes than Arabs are. This is the reality today.

A french that comes to America to kill Americans may be treated worse (as a war criminal) than an American that tries to go to france to kill the french. This is not racial discrimination. This is a NATIONAL ISSUE.

Didymos Thomas wrote:
Maybe execution is fair, I'm not debating capital punishment. I'm pointing out the fact that the state of Israel is more lenient for Jews, and imposes harsher punishments on Arabs.

Further, not all Arab terrorists come from outside of Israel. Some are internal. Yet, in these cases the Arabs are also executed, while Jews receive comparatively minor punishment.

False! I already answered this above. Jews are given worse punishment, and Arabs are not executed.
But yes, recently more and more terrorists are Israeli-Arabs.
Didymos Thomas

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 10:04 pm
@Binyamin Tsadik,
If facts and history are tossed out the window, then sure, you're absolutely right.
Binyamin Tsadik

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 06:07 am
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas wrote:
If facts and history are tossed out the window, then sure, you're absolutely right.

What facts and history? Please please please avoid blanket statements. And it's not about who is right or wrong. It's about the truth.

I would rather be wrong and get to the truth than be right and exist in lies.
Didymos Thomas

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 08:33 pm
@Binyamin Tsadik,
Okay, well let's begin with some facts:
- Arabs have been displaced by Zionism
- Violent popular movements threatening Israel are primarily the result of poor economic opportunity
- Arab terrorists have fared worse in the hands of Israeli captors than their Jewish counterparts

You rejected some of my evidence earlier because you do not believe the claims of the sighted organization. This might be our fundamental problem - who do we believe? Do we believe the claims of the Israeli government, or do we listen to organizations like Amnesty International?
Americans face the same problem.
Binyamin Tsadik

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 04:24 am
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas wrote:
Okay, well let's begin with some facts:
- Arabs have been displaced by Zionism
- Violent popular movements threatening Israel are primarily the result of poor economic opportunity
- Arab terrorists have fared worse in the hands of Israeli captors than their Jewish counterparts

You rejected some of my evidence earlier because you do not believe the claims of the sighted organization. This might be our fundamental problem - who do we believe? Do we believe the claims of the Israeli government, or do we listen to organizations like Amnesty International?
Americans face the same problem.

1. Arabs HAVE been displaced by Zionism

I agree, many arabs flocked to Israel when it was being established because of the flourishing economic opportunities and better lifestyle.
Thus they have been displaced from their original locations.

2."Violent popular movements" (as you put it) have nothing to do with the Israeli economy because it is a fact that the average Arab lifestyle in Israel is far greater than in other Arab countries. They even get free electricity and water. In fact, the Drewish people who live just like the Arabs love Israel and serve in the Army. They are also scattered across the Arab countries and prefer Israel. The fact is that it has Nothing to do with economy.

3. Arab Terrorits are set free after a few years and only fair worse because they are placed in cells with other Arabs. (we wouldn't want a fight in jail between Jews and Arabs now would we?)
And Jews that are in jail are with other jews.
Other than that, Arabs are released for Murder while many jews are still in jail for far less.

And that website is bogus. And I'll tell you why.
Organizations give out money and support to Refugees of war. All you have to do is convince them that you are a Refugee and you get a place to live and some free cash.
If you point out a single case of Arab displacement in Israel. A historical event, then that would be proof. But pointing out the fact that there are some Arabs that left Israel and signed up for some free money is just proof that they are greedy.
Solace

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 06:52 am
@Binyamin Tsadik,
You mean there is such a thing as Drewish people? :eek: And here I thought it was just a lousy Mel Brooks joke... Laughing
Didymos Thomas

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 12:53 pm
@Solace,
Quote:
1. Arabs HAVE been displaced by Zionism

I agree, many arabs flocked to Israel when it was being established because of the flourishing economic opportunities and better lifestyle.
Thus they have been displaced from their original locations.

Then how do you explain the following:
Israelis Fear a Return of Displaced Arabs - New York Times
From the article:
Quote:
Rafael Eitan, head of the rightist Tsomet Party, said: "First of all, the refugees, regardless of the reason and the place, were the result of a war that was forced upon us, and we should not have to find the solution. The refugees cannot return to their homes."

You shrugged off this link earlier, here it is again just for the record.

Quote:
2."Violent popular movements" (as you put it) have nothing to do with the Israeli economy because it is a fact that the average Arab lifestyle in Israel is far greater than in other Arab countries. They even get free electricity and water. In fact, the Drewish people who live just like the Arabs love Israel and serve in the Army. They are also scattered across the Arab countries and prefer Israel. The fact is that it has Nothing to do with economy.

I did not limit the charge to the Israeli economy. The Israeli economy is relatively strong, and you are right to say that Arabs in Israel fair better than Arabs in many other nations.
However, economic conditions do spur terrorism. Economics have driven nearly every single violent popular movement in history. You can look at the French Revolution, the American Revolution, the various splintering states of the old Soviet Union. The violent side of Islamic fundamentalism is little different - another ideology for a people who have suffered for centuries under imperialism.

Quote:

3. Arab Terrorits are set free after a few years and only fair worse because they are placed in cells with other Arabs. (we wouldn't want a fight in jail between Jews and Arabs now would we?)
And Jews that are in jail are with other jews.
Other than that, Arabs are released for Murder while many jews are still in jail for far less.

What of the Jewish terrorists who were sentenced to death and then only served seven years in prison?

Quote:
Organizations give out money and support to Refugees of war. All you have to do is convince them that you are a Refugee and you get a place to live and some free cash.
If you point out a single case of Arab displacement in Israel. A historical event, then that would be proof. But pointing out the fact that there are some Arabs that left Israel and signed up for some free money is just proof that they are greedy.

And I suppose people helped by the Red Cross are only greedy, just like the Arabs, huh?
You're right - these organizations help refugees. That means that some refugees must exist. Is the system abused by some people? I am sure it is abused. But this abuse does not in any way suggest that all of the Arabs being aided by these organizations are "greedy".
Let me give you an example - after Hurricane Katrina, many non-victims of the storm collected money from the government. Does this mean that there were no victims of Hurricane Katrina and that all of those who collected were simply greedy? Of course not.

I did point to an historical case of Arabs being displaced by an Israeli settlement. The settlement, founded by Kookists with the help of Moshe Levinger, created a settlement at a railway depot at the Arab town of Nablus in the West Bank. The settlement was originally called Elon Mored, but was later renamed Kedamim.

If you want more historical evidence, check out the sprawling refugee camps just outside of Israel. They are, after all, human beings.
Binyamin Tsadik

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 04:37 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas wrote:
Then how do you explain the following:
Israelis Fear a Return of Displaced Arabs - New York Times
From the article:

The Arabs in this article were not displaced by Israel, they were displaced by war. (They ran away of their own volition)
The war was because Arab Nations decided to invade and attack Israel. Thus it's really the Arab nations that displaced them.
Although, they really only ran away after the war was over because they were afraid of what Israel would do to them. In Arab culture, when a war is won, the victor doesn't treat the loser that well.

Didymos Thomas wrote:

You shrugged off this link earlier, here it is again just for the record.

Yea..
I wrote this
Quote:

Didymos Thomas wrote:
What of the Jewish terrorists who were sentenced to death and then only served seven years in prison?

Many Arab terrorists serve less.

Didymos Thomas wrote:
I did point to an historical case of Arabs being displaced by an Israeli settlement. The settlement, founded by Kookists with the help of Moshe Levinger, created a settlement at a railway depot at the Arab town of Nablus in the West Bank. The settlement was originally called Elon Mored, but was later renamed Kedamim.

And I answered, Both Kedumim and Elon Moreh did not displace any Arabs. They are settlements next to Shehem. Arabs make such a big fuss about them because they are right next door to them. They see them on the horizon every day and it boils their blood.
Didymos Thomas

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 11:38 pm
@Binyamin Tsadik,
Quote:
The Arabs in this article were not displaced by Israel, they were displaced by war. (They ran away of their own volition)
The war was because Arab Nations decided to invade and attack Israel. Thus it's really the Arab nations that displaced them.
Although, they really only ran away after the war was over because they were afraid of what Israel would do to them. In Arab culture, when a war is won, the victor doesn't treat the loser that well.

Hold on - so did they run away because Arab nations invaded Israel, or because they feared Israeli retribution?

My guess is that both are true. If both are true, if some Arabs fled because of Israeli action or because Israeli action was thought to be imminent, then at least some of these Arabs were displaced by Israel.

Oh, and that nasty fact of war is in no way limited to Arab culture. It's universal.

Quote:
And I answered, Both Kedumim and Elon Moreh did not displace any Arabs. They are settlements next to Shehem. Arabs make such a big fuss about them because they are right next door to them. They see them on the horizon every day and it boils their blood.

Well, can you expect them to be anything but upset when Jews settle lands that do not belong to Jews, but to Arabs?

I'm not sure how you can claim Arabs were not displaced by this settlement. It was founded in the West Bank, in what was at the time Arab land.

In any case, you've finally admitted that Arabs have been displaced by Israel, saying "they really only ran away after the war was over because they were afraid of what Israel would do to them". So the point is moot.

Oh, and I did respond to your criticisms of IDMC. Not sure if you planned to reply to that part.
Binyamin Tsadik

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 05:55 am
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas wrote:
Hold on - so did they run away because Arab nations invaded Israel, or because they feared Israeli retribution?

My guess is that both are true. If both are true, if some Arabs fled because of Israeli action or because Israeli action was thought to be imminent, then at least some of these Arabs were displaced by Israel.

Oh, and that nasty fact of war is in no way limited to Arab culture. It's universal.

Well, can you expect them to be anything but upset when Jews settle lands that do not belong to Jews, but to Arabs?

I'm not sure how you can claim Arabs were not displaced by this settlement. It was founded in the West Bank, in what was at the time Arab land.

In any case, you've finally admitted that Arabs have been displaced by Israel, saying "they really only ran away after the war was over because they were afraid of what Israel would do to them". So the point is moot.

Oh, and I did respond to your criticisms of IDMC. Not sure if you planned to reply to that part.

Yes, there are several settlements in the west bank. We are not discussing Arab Land or Jewish Land here, because many Arabs settle in so called "Jewish" land all the time.
We are discussing displacement. Elon Moreh and Kedumim allong with the other settlements in the west bank, did not displace ANY Arabs.

Here is a quote from the article
Quote:
hundreds of thousands of Palestinians from the West Bank and Gaza Strip who were displaced by the 1967 Middle East war.

They were displaced by the war. And it was the Arabs that attacked. They wanted the war. Israel did not want it. So it was Arabs that Displaced Arabs, not Israel and not Zionists.

Exactly what it says later in the article that you brought as evidence

Quote:

The issue is complex, focusing on two major categories of Arab refugees: those who left in 1967 and those who fled or were forced to leave their homes during the 1948 war, which broke out when Arab armies attacked the new state of Israel.
0 Replies

urangutan

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 08:12 am
@Binyamin Tsadik,
Binyamin Tsadik, I do not believe in the State of Isreal. Not for any of the doing by settlers who returned to the Land of Milk and Honey but quite simply, the act that as the United Nations had the gall to hand to you the opportunity in such a place that was not theirs for the offering. Today it seems that same group of nations stand almost firm in a grip to use that of your doing as their scapegoat for their own acts. I find it embarrasing to read such vehence, knowing full well that we flourish mostly in a land that was not ours in heritage but for the taking and that in fact we did.

When even speaking from experience, we fail to acknowledge we stand on stolen ground, burial ground, sacred ground. Didymos Thomas, sorry to single you out, screw it, I will include Justin, who both know full well the history of their presence and continue to live blind in a land, that attacked two nations over a simple terrorist incident. That they believe they have the balls to talk direct to you, has got me F U C K E D. This all resembles an embrace from a low life junkie, who grapples through your pockets for cash and your mind for salvation.
boagie

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 10:12 am
@Binyamin Tsadik,
William,

Judaism is a trible religon, as such it is self concerned, as apposed to a world religion like Christianity, the nature of this tribalism is both the strength and weakness of Judaism in general. Tribleism is at least one reason I believe for the hostility in general towards the jewish people. Just a thought, it is not something generally acknowledge when discussing the historical oppression of the Jewish people.
William

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 03:07 pm
@boagie,
boagie wrote:
William,

Judaism is a trible religon, as such it is self concerned, as apposed to a world religion like Christianity, the nature of this tribalism is both the strength and weakness of Judaism in general. Tribleism is at least one reason I believe for the hostility in general towards the jewish people. Just a thought, it is not something generally acknowledge when discussing the historical oppression of the jewish people.

I think I understand that, but what I think is more important is "they don't". What I mean is, in my opinion, the nature of separate but equal is a find standard for all to effort to live by, but in the Jewish mind it is "separate but superior". Now in all due respect, it may be that they are. What I think is so tragic is they are using what they have is such a way that brings that hostility to their front door. I have always known guile, manipulation and deceit are tools of the intellectually superior and i think that is the bottom line behind all that has befallen that "tribe".

Thanks for your reply. I agree.
William
Didymos Thomas

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 05:35 pm
@William,
Quote:
They were displaced by the war. And it was the Arabs that attacked. They wanted the war. Israel did not want it. So it was Arabs that Displaced Arabs, not Israel and not Zionists.

You are the one who said that many Arabs fled Israel fearing the retribution of Israel for the war.

In any case, you are equating nations that invaded Israel with Arabs living in Israel.

Also to be considered is the fact that after said war, Israel occupied lands belonging to the aggressive nations. This occupation also drove many Arabs from their homes.

Quote:
What I mean is, in my opinion, the nature of separate but equal is a find standard for all to effort to live by

Haven't we learned by experience that separate but equal is never equal?
William

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 05:40 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas wrote:

Haven't we learned by experience that separate but equal is never equal?

Exactly, that's why I stated it the way I did. There's alway's "strings" attached.

William
0 Replies

Solace

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 05:56 pm
@boagie,
Quote:

as such it is self concerned, as apposed to a world religion like Christianity

I nearly choked on this one boagie.