The Littlest ;Gun Nuts;

au1929

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 10:49 am
The Littlest “Gun Nuts”
Leave boys and their toys alone.

Where's Charlton Heston when you need him? All across America, 12-year-old boys should be grasping their toy chests and vowing, in the words of the former National Rifle Association president, "From my cold, dead hands."
The recent scare caused by a toy gun that closed down a congressional building has prompted Brooklyn Democratic Congressman Ed Towns to declare a new urgency to passing his proposed ban on "realistic looking" toy guns. His bill would "ban toys which in size, shape or overall appearance resemble real handguns." Next Towns will be after "realistic looking" daggers, bows and arrows, battle axes, and lightsabers — which, after all, could confuse Stormtroopers into thinking they are facing a threatening situation.

In reading this article all I could think of was the author had writers block and could think of nothing worth while to write about. Our perhaps he was getting paid by the word.

I should note however that realistic toy guns have more than once been the cause of people being shot by mistake. Whatever, it takes to keep them off the market is a plus in my opinion. What does the NRA say guns don't kill people? People do. In this instance it is toy guns that do kill people or cause them to be killed.

http://www.nationalreview.com/lowry/lowry200311101102.asp
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 507 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Montana

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 05:05 pm
I personally think all toy guns should be banned.
0 Replies