Who helps out more, brothers or sisters?

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 10:09 pm
Hey!

I am just curious but I am curious in ur families... who helps out more in the house? brothers or sisters?? answer the poll... i'm interested, and i think its going to be the sisters obviously, but someone i know thinks otherwise.... anywayz answer truthfully and we'll see... Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 941 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Montana

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 07:05 am
Well, I'm this sister in the family and I helped out much more.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 09:39 am
I had two sons and six stepsons. Rather than turn into a Resentful Slavey, I set up a revolving job chart for household chores. By the time the kids graduated to independent living, they could cook, clean, do minor sewing jobs, iron, grocery shop....

Of course, their father/stepfather set a good example.

My daughters-in-law think these domesticated men make excellent , thoughtful husbands.
0 Replies

wombus

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 02:49 pm
who helps more? Brothers/Sisters
While I was growing up my brother and I had assigned jobs to do and didn't dare plan or do anything else until the assignments were completed. I have two grown boys 15, and 19. To ask them to do something is like asking them to commit a crime. Then when you nag about it your nothing but a bitch. Things sure have changed!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 08:52 pm
The only women in my family's have been my Mother when growing up,and my wife after I got married. I can't remember doing any chores at home and I know my sons never did.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 01:17 am
My son does chores, but I do them with him, so he doesn't actually think of them as chores as he does just helping out mom :-)
0 Replies

K VEE SHANKER

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 07:18 am
WHO HELPS MORE ?
I belive that somehow the opposite sex member is more curtesious to us. This applies to both the sexes. Be it a sibling or a stranger.The law holds good.Is it because that there's a natural attraction for the opposite sex?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 11:37 am
I was raised in a chauvanistic home which my mother perpetuated, not knowing anything different. As the only daughter, I picked up after my brothers and resented it tremendously. But I finally got my reward. This little story may seem a little ugly to some of y'all but a girl has got to get what she deserves to get and if she's gotta take it, so be it.
After our mother passed away, it naturally became my responsibility to pack up her things. The fact that I live in Georgia and my mother was in Chicago, along with all three brothers, made no difference. I took three days off from work, made the trip and, as my mother was a collector, she had tons of crystal and other glassware, fun and funny little knickknacks, nothing of any great value but I have seen a few pieces on the HGTV antique show, and I packed up and shipped back to Georgia every little thing of hers that I wanted. There was no meeting, no division of things. I just took what I wanted and felt justified in doing it. The brothers didn't give me too hard a time about it. They didn't dare. Smile
0 Replies