Stay or let it go??

Fred

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 11:38 am
What do you do when a lover keeps comming and going? Should you stay and wait or just move on? Do you believe that it could be meant to be because of all the times that person has come back? Or should you not think of it like that and save yourself of a possible heart ache? I am going through this problem right now and could use some real advice. Please help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 914 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 11:43 am
Move on! I've been am watching a girl do this to a guy these days, my only advice to him is to move on as well.

Indecisive people are rude, they hold people's emotions hostage while they decide what's best for themselves.

My advice is always to drop them and help them make up their minds by removing one of teh options. Anywho, do wait till some of the more experienced people here opine and good luck.
0 Replies

Fred

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 11:46 am
thanks craven
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 02:09 pm
I agree with Craven. This person is taking advantage of your forgiving nature. You don't need this, and you don't deserve it. What you deserve (which is what everyone deserves) is someone who will be there even when the times aren't so fun and aren't so good, not someone who's only around when it suits them.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 03:54 pm
Fred--

Consider the Playground Artiste and the Yoyo. Which one is controlling the string? Which one gets respect?

Who is holding the string in your on-again-off-again situation? Do you respect yourself?
0 Replies

Fred

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 06:08 pm
Noddy I do respect myself its just AHHHHH I wish I wasnt so madly deeply head over heals in love with her! Sad
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 07:18 pm
Fred--

When she comes by again with an itch to hop into bed and a need to bolster her ego, be firm. Explain that you still love her, but the hopelessness of the situation is wreaking havoc with your emotions.

Because you care so deeply about her, you want her to have her freedom. Then show her the door--and lock it behind her.

Make it clear that you don't want reruns--you want true love with no games playing and you won't settle for shallow substitutes.

Love is good. Being used in the name of love is not. If you are still madly, passionately and hopelessly in love with this woman, don't allow her to act like a bitch.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 08:01 am
I agree. This can't be good for you at all. If I were you, I'd move on.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 09:35 am
I've piped in on several of Fred's threads regarding this and I agree. Dump her, and write creative, inspiring works about the pain. I'm actually not kidding here. Does wonders for the healing process. Wink
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 10:00 am
Re: Stay or let it go??
Fred wrote:
What do you do when a lover keeps coming and going?
Should you stay and wait or just move on?
Do you believe that it could be meant to be because of all the times that person has come back?
Or should you not think of it like that and save yourself of a possible heart ache?

Answers:
Hasn't happened, but I would remain true to my self.
You stay, it is your house, you "move on" in your mind.
No, definitely not.
Save yourself.

I offer this advice... if you enjoy the sex, keep it to that, but dump her in your mind. That will make it easier to dump the sex later. Do not spend any more money on this woman. Find someone else and spend it on her. Do not spend any more time worrying about her, but if you must, then limit it to a nasty time of day, when you're grumpy anyway.

When someone loves you, they don't put you through this kind of turmoil, they are more concerned with your happiness than their own. That's how you tell if it is true love.

My most Distinguished Guest and Learned Friend,
The pallid hare that runs before the day
Having brought your earnest counsels to an end
Now have I somewhat of my own to say:
That it is folly to be sunk in love,
And madness plain to make the matter known,
There are no mysteries you are verger of;
Everyman's wisdoms these are, and my own.
If I have flung my heart unto a hound
I have done ill, it is a certain thing;
Yet breathe I freer, walk I the more sound
On my sick bones for this brave reasoning?
Soon must I say, "Tis prowling Death I hear!"
Yet come no better off, for my quick ear.
E.St.V.Millay
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 10:21 am
Something about the question "What do you do when a lover keeps 'coming' and going" makes me laugh Laughing
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 10:54 am
Very Happy
0 Replies