Does An Artist Need A Muse

ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 08:19 pm
No, it's not closing, yet. It is touch and go every month. For example, we haven't paid the rent for March 1st yet. Still, we have funds coming in and will make it this month, and luckily we sold four large watercolors about a week ago, taking a fair sized deposit, to be paid off in a few weeks. The artist gets 60% but this is still a good help. Tick, tick, tick.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 09:04 pm
People want bargains and no small businessperson can compete with the Barnes & Nobles, the Wallmarts, the Home Depots, the Store 24s etc. etc. Sad but a fact of life.
0 Replies

heliopo

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 05:17 am
hi folks, Iam a new member here. Embarrassed

...and I thing, some artists need a muse and some dont. I have some artfriends and they told me, that I am a muse for them. I think, a muse it gives the artist a lot of inputs and a great feeling for themself.
and not every artist need or ask a *muse* for sex. but very often you can find a erotic feeling between both (artist & muse)
regards
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 06:32 am
Welcome, Heliopo. Glad to have you join us.
0 Replies

heliopo

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 09:54 am
thanks for your welcome. at first I need to read a lot here . Surprised
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 05:45 pm
Welcome to A2k hetiopo. It is great to have a new member interested in art.
0 Replies

BWShooter

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 12:27 pm
people are my muse (preferrably females) Cool
0 Replies

colorific

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2004 09:33 pm
To consider Joanne's original definition (#2) that a muse ".. is a source of inspiration.." or some sort of guiding genius, then I would have to say that Yes, a muse is necessary. Otherwise the "artist" in question would be merely "manufacturing" and not drawing upon his/her creative and intuitive sources.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2004 09:51 pm
Hey colorific, long time no see. How goes everything for you? Are you still in the business? And have you had more success with finding a good gallery.

I remember I promised to give you some intros but I have been computerless for a long time. I wll work on it next week and send you the info I promised through the Cyber Art Forum e-mail.
0 Replies

colorific

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 08:12 pm
Hey Joanne; yes I have been computerless for a long time, and quite busy, still in the business although not working for any galleries now, but I exhibited in a few this past year and am an active member of Brooklyn Waterfront Artist Coalition; we're putting together a great exhibit for May.
Great to peak in at A2K? How is your art life?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 11:19 pm
My art life is good - actually it is almost my only life. I have followed you advice and just sketched and painted and sketched and painted.

This thing called art is becoming my life. Well the only part of my life that I love. My only question is why I did not dive in sooner.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 11:13 am
tubes of paint should come with a health warning - addictive!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 02:24 pm
truth
Vivien, how true.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 08:53 pm
Glad I am not alone in this compulsion.
0 Replies

Ionesco

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 02:43 pm
YES
Yes, an artist needs someone to inspire him, a muse. But, it doesn't have to be someone involved with the artist in a love affair. I write myself and I'm inspired the most by my grand-father, who reads with passion everything I give him. I guess that writing or creating something is hard, that's why we need inspiration from other people.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 06:19 pm
Ionesco, I'm charmed by your relation with your grandfather. How fortunate for both of you.
0 Replies

Ionesco

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 07:05 am
JLNobody wrote:
Ionesco, I'm charmed by your relation with your grandfather. How fortunate for both of you.

Thanks! and I hope it's a good example of how someone who is not a muse, but who is a muse, can inspire an artist.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 06:53 pm
A week or so ago while dining out in San Diego I ran into the gentleman artist who asked me to be his muse all those years ago. He recognized me right away Shocked but did not say a word. That was fine with me since I was with my true love?

But still I wonder Embarrassed Nah, I am happy where I am and with the person I am with but still I am flattered. And the gentleman artist is still painting beautiful pictures and selling as well so I guess he either found another muse or doesn't need a muse.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 07:40 pm
Hi, Joanne. A "true love"? Great. I always thought San Diego was a good place to live. Very Happy
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 08:10 am
Righto JLN all the Zonies will soon arrive for their fish tacos.
0 Replies