"Annals of America" -- HELP please!

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 11:15 am
McTag,

I did an exhaustive search and can't even find references to it. Are you sure that's the title?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 12:23 pm
You are both very kind, thank you.

I'm pretty sure I got the title right, Craven. Funny how that book made such a strong impression on me.
It had a lot of colour plates, and a good deal of text too, as I recall. I am pretty sure it's an American publication. I found it in a climber's bothy in Achnashellach, Scotland. Some previous resident had left it, and I left it for the following guys. But I never finished reading it, and I would like to do so, and to have it to keep. Ah, me, perhaps never to be.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 01:17 pm
You got me fired up.

I have put a request in here:

http://www.booksearch-at-hay.com/

Have you heard of our book town, Hay-on-Wye?
I'll keep you posted.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 02:06 pm
Yessir. And am impressed. Discovered Hay a while back. If you were in my territory, I'd point you towards the Half Price Bookstores in Austin, TX (and beyond). Trouble is, they don't know what they have -- you have to look yourself and it's one helluva job, particular if you're allergic to dust...

But I'm glad you raised the issue again because it reminds me that a nice woman I met the other day said her husband (who sounds like he might be an advertisement for an aging American hippie craftsman) is a woodworker. Maybe that will produce an answer.... I'll see if I can find them in the directory and give 'em a call.
0 Replies