Recommended reading

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2009 02:02 pm
This weekend I read a very good article on US economics. Here's an excerpt, but you can read the whole thing, if you can get your hands on the latest issue of The Progressive, it's worth a read.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 531 • Replies: 1
No top replies

richrf

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2009 08:21 pm
@chad3006,
chad3006;89264 wrote:
This weekend I read a very good article on US economics. Here's an excerpt, but you can read the whole thing, if you can get your hands on the latest issue of The Progressive, it's worth a read.

Hi Chad,

I had a quick read of the excerpt.

The author seems to feel that others should share his values, but it looks like the world is made up of a grand mix of values.

For example, I just spoke to a person who loves to travel around the world and believes that more should be done to reduce energy waste. Do you see the conflict? She didn't. She has to travel.

Once I ran into a lecturer who was talking about all of her trips from Chicago to Peru to learn about saving the environment. Do you see the conflict? I asked her whether there were more environmentally sound ways to learn about ecology? She didn't get it.

As for me, I hate to travel but I love to walk.

So, we all have our ways of looking at things, and what we have in the U.S. is a final edict of what it all comes to - bankruptcy. I guess people, now that they are bankrupt or heavy in debt will just have to spend less because no one wants to give them credit any longer. And that is the way the show goes.

What to do except to observe and hope that I don't get beaten up to badly in the mess. Right now I get .5% interest on my savings. My reward for saving is that I have to bail out people who love to spend. C'est la vie.

Rich
0 Replies