NUCLEAR

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 07:10 pm
Ive been following this story for two years now, and north korea now seems to be on the brink of actually testing there war heads, the US and JAPAN have said that it will provoke a huge and serious response. Kim jong-il doesnt seem bothered, so where will this lead? Is this that much of an event to be conserned about, is it the begining of the end, in terms of the US being the super power? The supporters of North Korea I believe are China, with the worlds largest army(everybody over 18 can use a weapon effectivly) and China doesnt get on well with the US and Japan mainly because of Tiwan. On top of this China is progressing at the fastest rate to becoming an economic Giant. They have ambitions. The coalition is over stretched and getting worse, its like loads of people running around holding the walls up of a collapsing house, its going to collapse, but when?Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,525 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Ragnell

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 07:41 pm
@pilgrimshost,
You don't think the US Army is going to shut them down? I wish they would try, but I think the Americans are so afraid of a failed attempt that they won't do it.
So you think doom is impending? When you say that the warheads are going to be tested soon, where do you think the test site will be? If it's Greenland I'm going to join up with the Russian Mafiya and take every Chinese operative and demolish them...
Anyhow, I wish to test the philosophers' prophesying ability. When and where, ladies and gentlemen?
pilgrimshost

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 08:32 pm
@Ragnell,
Are you actually from Greenland? Is im not being a flid but is English your native language? Well I dont work for the Pentagon so I dont know whats going to happen, they'll probably be under water tests (?). But the US wont touch'em.
pilgrimshost

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 06:54 pm
@pilgrimshost,
Well just to update this post:

North Korea have detonated a warhead underground tiggering world wide political upheaval, South Korea have lost the oppotunity for talks with the North, Nato are questioning their aid to Nk and China have erged them to withfrain from any furthar 'provoking' of the coalition. The Pentagon have increased their military presance in Japan and South Korea to around 90'000 or so troops. And there are increased fears that any 'non military retaliation' (blockades, increased sanctions and freezing of assets) would cause an escallation leading to an armed stand off.

Washington hopes that this helps get the proposals for a 'sheild' to protect Japan from any future attacks hurried through the relivent courts. Also though the actual 'attack' may not come from NK, it is thought they would sell arms to 'unfriendly' groups or nations apposed to the coalition. So shipment searches are planed to be increased; Last year a tactical missile was intersepted by the Royal Navy after being tracked half way around the world, en route to the middle east. The source of it was in the far east seas near NK.
pilgrimshost

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 07:08 pm
@pilgrimshost,
President George Bush last night pledged that North Korea would face ''serious repercussions'' for testing a nuclear bomb but he said America was not planning a millitary response until all diplomatic options had been exploored. He said that Kim Jong-il was creating ''a serious threat to international peace'' and ''North Korea has once again chosen to reject the prospect for a better future.''

Mr Bush urged NK to return to six-party talks aimed at defusing nuclear tensions. NK said it would consider any pressure or sanctions from the US as ''a declaration of war''. Kim also threatened more nuclear tests if America continued its ''hostile attitude'' against them.

Speculation continues on what happened at the test, experts say the blast was ''too small'', I think its likely that NK was not intending to detonate a real bomb but to simulate it to esculate tensions. Maybe to try and call the Wests bluff of retalliation. The drama continues...
0 Replies

Ragnell

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 07:49 pm
@pilgrimshost,
What, you mean there's trouble in the Middle east? :eek: Gee... who'd'a'thunk it? :cool:
pilgrimshost

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 07:53 pm
@Ragnell,
Yes theres also trouble in the middle east. Where do you think North Korea is mate?
0 Replies

Ragnell

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 07:57 pm
@pilgrimshost,
Psst. That was sarcasm.
pilgrimshost

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 07:57 pm
@Ragnell,
Sure ok :rolleyes:
0 Replies

Ragnell

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 07:59 pm
@pilgrimshost,
:confused: Smile
pilgrimshost

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 08:06 pm
@Ragnell,
Do you know that your a Git. Not only do you go awol for days and dont reply my posts ive made you but you rope me into writing small meaningless posts-Git. so heres :mad: to you

Smile
0 Replies

Ragnell

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 08:08 pm
@pilgrimshost,
<sniffle>... Sad

Hah... I jest. going awol was fun, but I'm back here now. Do I win a prize?
pilgrimshost

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 08:11 pm
@Ragnell,
Yea a kick in the nuts if you dont respond to my other posts, you can locate them by searching your post entries. There I go again with another pointless post.
0 Replies

Ragnell

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 10:19 pm
@pilgrimshost,
Hah, hah.

...Oops.
0 Replies

cut2thepoint

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 12:56 pm
@pilgrimshost,
Before Anything Collapses. People Fight Like Crazy.
0 Replies