In with Barack Obama and out with George W. Bush

Justin

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 08:43 am
Today is the big day and a day that many of us have looked forward to as George Bush leaves Washington and for many, none too soon. A new day, a new year and new hope for America. Today we are witnessing history.

Welcome Barack!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,207 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Theaetetus

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 08:55 am
@Justin,
I can't believe the nightmare of the last eight years is finally over. I know Barack will not turn our water into wine and solve all of our problems, but at least he is willing to work with others to solve problems. I just wish there were more progressive thinkers in Washington and around the country to push him around a little more.

What worries me is that too many people expect far too much from Obama. This could lead to a situation where someone with fascist tendencies (i.e. Sarah Palin) could be elected in four years as a reaction against Obama not solving all of the world's problems in the next few years.
xris

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 09:08 am
@Theaetetus,
Its the world thats expecting great things ,its a wonderful day full of promise..If you could stomach bush who tried you , you can be hopeful for Obama who carries all our best wishes. I for one wish him success..Well done America ..
TaraD

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 12:49 pm
@xris,
Welcome Barack Obama Good-bye Bush Hello Hope Very Happy
Didymos Thomas

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 10:01 pm
@TaraD,
I just hope he has the courage and virtue to lock up those criminals who have now turned over the White House. The US executed Japanese officials for waterboarding and condoning waterboarding: why can't we execute American officials for the very same crime?

Reintroducing the guillotine sounds like a great idea.
Holiday20310401

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 10:34 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
He won't and he shouldn't.
0 Replies

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:11 am
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas wrote:
I just hope he has the courage and virtue to lock up those criminals who have now turned over the White House. The US executed Japanese officials for waterboarding and condoning waterboarding: why can't we execute American officials for the very same crime?

Reintroducing the guillotine sounds like a great idea.

I highly doubt that justice will be upheld in these regards. The Democrats are notorious for saying that they are taking the high road by leaving the past behind. Obama has already said it is time to move forward, to do so justice must be served. Both Bush and Cheney have admitted to war crimes. That alone should be enough evidence to proceed.

In this case I think stoning would be most appropriate considering how many people have been swindled by the Bush administration.
Didymos Thomas

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 02:04 am
@Theaetetus,
I have no faith in the notion that higher level officials will encounter legal trouble, much less Bush and Cheney. We can dream, though.
Jay phil

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 10:51 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
I wish Obama well. He has a herculean task in front of him.
Joe

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 10:58 pm
@Jay phil,
I'm glad that Bush is no longer our Representative to the world. But some of Obama's policies that he wants to establish still has me on my toes. Anyways He's are new president so I wish him luck and support.
0 Replies

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 11:00 pm
@Justin,
at least the Bush policies are thrown out the window
Didymos Thomas

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 04:08 pm
@Theaetetus,
I'm not so sure about that. Obama will definitely make changes, but no President in our history (that I can recall) has abandoned all of his predecessor's policies.

Will Obama end No Child Left Behind? Will Obama (push to) overturn the Patriot Acts?
0 Replies

bundo

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 04:45 pm
@Justin,
Yes Bush is gone. With the new president i bet America can change there error's. the best move was closing down some of the stuff.
0 Replies