nvq2 care question

mags

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 01:48 am
Very Happy
can someone help me with this question please.
here goes ,
question
ie:- in order for satisfactory information to be passed from one person to another a communication has a beginning,middle and end. what do we mean by this. explain and then give a scenario which backs up your explanation.

also does scenario mean pictures?
this section is on communication thanks to anyone that can help.
yours mags
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,757 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Asherman

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 08:19 am
In a way, the term scenario does mean to make a "picture", but a picture of words rather than a drawing. You are being asked to create an example of how a conversation has a beginning, a middle and an ending.

How do converstations start? Do we start conversations always the same way, or do we use different beginnings depending upon the situation? Think of how differently you talk with strangers you meet the first time, as contrasted with how you converse with close family members. Aren't conversations different when a third person introduces strangers; why is that? .Does a police officer start a conversation the same way that a teacher might?

What happens when the conversation is well underway? Do we communicate only with words? What role does gesture and tone play, and what other means do we use to communicate our thoughts? What part does the use of "proper" grammar play in making it possible for one person to communicate with those around them. Is communicationi really different when there are more than two people involved in it? ARe there different sorts of communications, and if so, how do they differ? What part does active listening play in the communicatioins process?

How do conversations end? Does it make a difference whether we say goodbye before we wander off to do something different? How many ways can you think of to end a conversation, or verbal exchange?
0 Replies

mags

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 09:26 am
thank you for the reply im gratefull margaret
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2003 11:07 pm
Well, I 'm not so sure about the beginning, middle and end part of any communication.

However, scenario means well-described example. If someone was asked to give a scenario where a person with a lowly job could move up quickly in a company, it could be: "Dissent from a disastrous policy. Make every effort for higher-ups to know that you disagree with policy. Then when policy backfires and heads roll, you are the last one left standing".

That would be a scenario.

As far as communication goes, I am not sure that it has a beginning, a middle and end. You can communicate certain things continuously by action or attitude. I am not sure such communications have beginnings or ends.
0 Replies

mags

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 01:34 am
thank you for your help. margaret
0 Replies

jackturton

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 07:06 am
answer to question
Laughing hello honey am doing my nvq2 as well female thirty near liverpool . you must always start a coversation with ie hello my name is jckie pleased to meet you then get your client to introduce them selves ie what is your name . then you must always end your coversation with ie well am pleased to meet you and i will see you again . this is what the question is asking from you . hope it has helped email me if you get stuck ok x
0 Replies

mags

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 08:18 am
thank you im gratefull margaret i live in coventry
0 Replies

jackturton

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 08:26 am
ya welcome
Laughing you are welcome if you want any help email me on [email protected] any time ok and good luck honey ok x
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 10:36 am
By the way, what is an nvq2? Very Happy
0 Replies

jackturton

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 04:12 pm
pmpl
Very Happy its a national recognized qualifacation thats all i no honey and it does ya head in Confused but you have to pass it by 2005 to work in the care enviroment .
0 Replies

susyp

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 04:46 am
re nvq2
can u get me started on cl2
0 Replies

kels 02

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 04:35 pm
Re: nvq2 care question
mags wrote:
Very Happy
can someone help me with this question please.
here goes ,
question
ie:- in order for satisfactory information to be passed from one person to another a communication has a beginning,middle and end. what do we mean by this. explain and then give a scenario which backs up your explanation.

also does scenario mean pictures?
this section is on communication thanks to anyone that can help.
yours mags

the need for beginning,middle an end in a conversation is because if you were to go into a client that was blind they would need to know that you were there an what you are doing,an then when you are leaving same goes 4 someone that same deaf you would do this by hand gestures facial expressions an body langauge.yours kels
0 Replies