Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 06:03 pm
i have 2 male fixed cats, both are rescued animals. 'carlisle' has been with us for over two years and 6 wks ago we rescued 'puppy'. we had a few issues between them when they met, but it was subtle growling and quick advances with no claws or physical followthrough. within two weeks both cats used the same box on their own accord with no dispute. also eating out of the same dish with seperate dishes always available. both cats go to the bathroom inside and out, but......

this morning i woke up with cat crap all through my bed and blankets.

Naturally, upset. i maintained my composure and called my wife.

I know it was 'puppy', but i dont want to discipline him inappropriatley.
my wife thinks it may be that she didnt let him out earlier this morning and he's showing he's upset about it. i immediatley went online to check cat behaviour sites, none of which mentioned fecal issues. please shed some light on this matter for me.

thanx
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,658 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 06:44 pm
@caffeinefreak,
Where did you obtain the cat? Perhaps it is ill.

When I had cats, they usually only pooped outside the litter box when the litter needed changing and I didn't get to it quickly enough.
caffeinefreak

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 01:12 pm
@Butrflynet,
cats been chkd by vet and is fine and i clean the box as part of my daily routine, any other possibilities i might try?
mm25075

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 02:41 pm
@caffeinefreak,
It may be the cat has eaten something recently and had an accident of some sort. When you wash the bedding be sure to use an enzymatic cleaner to get all the smell out to avoid the cat from thinking this is an ok place to go regularlly.

If it happens more than once, I would definately take the cat back to the vet to see if there is something wrong healthwise.

0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 02:53 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:
Perhaps it is ill.

That's what Kleine used to do. Pooped on the end of the bed when she was sick.

Eventually turned out that much of her illness was due to cancer, which is why the vet didn't originally find it when we took her in. Hope you have a better outcome.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 02:54 pm
@caffeinefreak,
I've had a lot of cats but never had the experience of waking up finding myself in cat poop. I can only think that 'puppy' was shut off from his litter box. Cats just don't do that, even if the litter box is overloaded!

Puppies will have accidents, however. Maybe your cat doesn't like the name, 'puppy.' Just kidding! Maybe it's just caused from something he ate that gave him diaheria?
0 Replies