good humor my ass

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 08:11 am
A gun-wielding ice cream man is facing felony charges after Sunday's incident in Albuquerque.

Police say 27-year-old Juan Alderete pointed a gun at another driver when asked to be more careful while driving through a neighborhood near Unser and Ladera, NW.

The driver got the license plate number of Alderete's ice cream van, which is registered to an Albuquerque ice cream vending business.

Police were then able to track him down.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 1,165 • Replies: 9
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 08:22 am
@dyslexia,
to be fair, those good humour guys need to carry guns, eventually hearing that annoying tune everyday is gonna make you want to put a bullet in your skull
panzade

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 08:24 am
@djjd62,
This is the model I'd carry
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/5346/gunphone.jpg
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 09:19 am
@dyslexia,
The so-called "good humor" truck drives so fast through our neighborhood that even if you wanted to buy some ice cream, you couldn't get outside to flag him.

BBB
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 04:23 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
If it is the same guy who drives around our neighborhood off of Ladera and Unser then I'm glad he's finally been caught. Not only does he speed, he doesn't stop at corners and cuts corners sharply.

I've seen several near misses with him and other drives at the busy corner where our house is located.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 04:49 pm
@dyslexia,
Yikes..
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 05:04 pm
A few months back, two guys beat up the local ice cream man.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 05:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
in the city, there are mexican guys with ice cream bicycles. (not sure if they are pedal powered freezers or what)

they don't speed.

the pineapple on a stick rocks...
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 07:44 pm
http://www.krqe.com/dpp/home/ice-cream-man-charged-with-pulling-gun

Quote:
Ice cream man charged with pulling gun

Updated: Tuesday, 08 Jun 2010, 10:59 PM MDT
Published : Tuesday, 08 Jun 2010, 10:58 PM MDT

* Reporter: Michael Herzenberg

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - Police say an Albuquerque ice cream truck driver pulled a gun on a worried father. Juan Alderete faces a charge of Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon for the incident on Sunday, June 6th.

“Out of the blue, he just pulled out a gun, and said don't mess with me,” said Eric Camacho. The northwest Albuquerque father was driving home from the store with his children Sunday near Coors and Ladera when he said Juan Alderete, the ice cream truck driver, cut him off and drove recklessly. “There's a bunch of kids around this place and everyone drives pretty slow,” said Camacho. He explained that he followed the truck driver and asked him to slow down. “I rolled down my window and I said why you driving like that and he said don't mess with me and he went like that (motions that Alderete held up the gun and pointed it) with the gun,” said Camacho.

News 13 went to Alderete's home. He wasn't there. He works for The Ice Cream Man Company which we called. The man who answered the phone wouldn't identify himself, but said just because someone said there was a gun, the cops come get you. He said, Alderete didn't do anything wrong and there will be no repercussions at his work place.

“He's up to something. I don't want something to happen when my kids are buying ice cream from him,” said Camacho.

Alderete is out on bond. According to online court records, Alderete, who's 27 has racked up more than 20 traffic tickets, seven of them for speeding. He has also been cited for urinating in public.

0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 12:52 am
@panzade,
Quote:
thats niiiiiiiiice
0 Replies