dlowan

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 11:35 pm
@Krumple,
Hey!!! Welcome Krumple!!!
0 Replies

jeeprs

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 11:37 pm
@dlowan,
thanks! All seems a bit unfamiliar at the moment, but I am telling myself, change is GOOD, don't be stodgy, here's an opportunity to learn something new....anyway when I get my bearings I am sure everything will be OK all though I'm kinda wishing I took a screenshot of the ol' place for the mantlepiece...
Soul Brother

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 11:47 pm
@Krumple,
Hello to every one.

Yeah I do not mean to complain but this forum is definitely lacking from philforum, especially in the aesthetics and the way it is all set up, it is also very short on features and options, profiles are extremely limited, I cannot find on my profile the edit profile button.

EDIT: You see this is what I mean, I was wanting to respond to your post krumple, so I assumed the reply button means QUOTE, but obviously not, not only can we not multi quote but we cannot quote? this is going to be a big down size.

dlowan

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 11:53 pm
@Soul Brother,
My Profile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 11:57 pm
@Soul Brother,
Soul Brother wrote:

Hello to every one.

Yeah I do not mean to complain but this forum is definitely lacking from philforum, especially in the aesthetics and the way it is all set up, it is also very short on features and options, profiles are extremely limited, I cannot find on my profile the edit profile button.

EDIT: You see this is what I mean, I was wanting to respond to your post krumple, so I assumed the reply button means QUOTE, but obviously not, not only can we not multi quote but we cannot quote? this is going to be a big down size.

Reply replies without quoting. The quote button replies WITH quote.

0 Replies

Jebediah

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 11:58 pm
I am slightly confused by the format...testing
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 12:00 am
@Soul Brother,
It's an option in your preferences that you can turn on.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 12:00 am
@jeeprs,
jeeprs wrote:

thanks! All seems a bit unfamiliar at the moment, but I am telling myself, change is GOOD, don't be stodgy, here's an opportunity to learn something new....anyway when I get my bearings I am sure everything will be OK all though I'm kinda wishing I took a screenshot of the ol' place for the mantlepiece...

Indeed. We moved to this forum from a previous version not all that long ago.

Lots of folk found the transition really hard, and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth from some!

I have a feeling you folk will be more...well...philosophical about it.

We do hope to see you all over the place, as well as in your specialty areas.

0 Replies

William

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 01:03 am
@dlowan,
Sort of? There is a lot of what we represented still in transition. It seems my bags are still being packed. I hope when all of me is here, nothing was left behind. Ha!
William
William

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 01:09 am
I seem to be having a rather difficult time locating the "quote/multi-quote" feature. Help!
William
dlowan

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 01:09 am
@William,
I hope you catch up with yourself safely, too!
0 Replies

Theaetetus

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 01:11 am
As a staff member from the Philosophy Forum--and a philo major, and one class from graduate--I can say that I always thought that the old forum was too narrow in the scope of discussion due to the forum designations and the limitations of traditional philosophy. But as someone that basically majored in multidisciplinary studies, I can say that I appreciate the breadth of the potential discussions here. I am glad to be on board, and I look forward to seeing all the familiars from the old place, and all the new people around here.
Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 01:11 am
@William,
There isn't currently a multi-quote feature, just quote.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 01:20 am
@Theaetetus,
I think you'll all add a great deal to the discussions here.

I am a philosophy major from many years ago, and have forgotten most of it (my career has taken me in a very different direction), but it'll be great to be reminded of what fun philosophy was and maybe to wake up and top up my knowledge.

I am really excited by having you folk here!

0 Replies

KaseiJin

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 02:18 am
From moments away by optic fiber cable, hours by 747, and days by slow boats to Tokyo, I simply wish to post a first one here...for what it may be worth.

I appreicate the welcomes extended, hearing from my ole 'hell raising' buddies from 'over there,' and to see how it feels. I too (as one might well understand) do not feel as though I can yet say I like the layout, but do hope that my hippocampal-connected projections are free from the tau plaques of the early onset of dementia--thus allowing a quick learning curve, yet.

(let's see how this turns out...may be a big mess)
jespah

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 04:35 am
@KaseiJin,
Welcome and think happy thoughts. We are here to assist (and rib a bit -- to be perfectly honest).
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 04:40 am
@KaseiJin,
Welcome to A2K. Just found out that you are Japanese and love music. Fantastic! Used to be another Japanese guy here by the screen name of satt fs. Miss him as he answered so many questions concerning music.

One of my favorites, buddy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtXQ31F1A-k

Hope you can hear this fabulous guy sing. Sukiyaki.
KaseiJin

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 07:22 am
@Letty,
I hope to not let you down too much, Letty, I have been here most of my life, but happen to have born in San Diego, raised in Florence (as in Alabama) and did my major school stuff in Tucson, AZ.

I am into the music though...not so much of an expert, I'll have to admit, but I have performed on stage at a simi-pro-ish like set up. I've got my roots stuck in the ground here (house, family, and all), and so...in a way, yeah...I'm to be considered Japanese. yoroshiku onegaishimasu (please think of me in favor) KJ
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:00 am
Hi All,
I've just arrived. Thank you for your welcoming gestures, by the way. Once we figure the layout out, we'll all feel more at home.
Don't you hosts go forgetting that now - We may be refugees, but this is our home too, our only home, at that. So please don't kick us out!!!
Nice to meet you! I'm off to explore now.
Have a brilliant everything, everyone...Always.
Mark...
mismi

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:03 am
@dadpad,
When the old A2K changed to this forum it was hard. I agree dadpad. Change is so very difficult.

I hope the phil forum folks find a happy little niche that is enriched and not detracted from.

Glad to have you all. Happy philosophizing. Wink
0 Replies