Should i tell her how i feel

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 09:59 pm
i liked her since we were young thought we would grow up together but she moved. i found her after 7 years later on facebook and we reunited. i asked if she had a BF and she said no so i asked her out and it went good, valentines was coming up so i asked her to breakfast and to be mine she accepted both it went good and she said she was happy. she told me that she was going to prom with her ex and that it was ok. after prom they apparently got back together and then a week later broke up again. she is leaving to go to the marines and i said i wanted to take her out before she go's she said ok. should i tell her, or leave it alone
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,480 • Replies: 8
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 10:14 pm
@james203,
Quote:
i asked her to breakfast and to be mine she accepted

She accepted at first and then went back with her ex, full knowingly that you'd
be hurt. I think she appreciates you as a friend but nothing more. If you tell
her how you feel, you might lose her friendship too.
sullyfish6

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2010 04:43 am
Anyone entering the armed forces is not able to make a commitment to another person at this time. She has a lot on her mind now.

Just be a friend and write her when she can accept mail. She will let you know how and what she wants from you.

In the meantime, don't pass up any other relationship with a gal who is really willling to start something with you.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2010 11:06 pm
@CalamityJane,
Losing her friendship isn't as bad as not being able to progress past friendship...and I doubt very much that you'd lose it for showing interest in her, but I do doubt that anything further would happen if you 'wussed out'

Personally, I wouldn't 'tell her' (as calamity pointed out, and I agree - the timing isn't right, and she doesn't see that she has to make any committment to you at all) - I'd just make it very clear to her that I found her attractive and desired her (without being needy - it's just a simple fact). What happens, happens.
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 12:38 am
@james203,
As we say in Denmark "strike while the iron is hot".

I can't see why you would value a friendship higher than a relationship, ask her, don't be a pansy. But do respect her is she says no.
0 Replies

james203

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 01:39 pm
ill ask her a see were it goes thanks all
0 Replies

yeilyn32

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 12:37 pm
@james203,
I don't really think she likes you at all everyone else's comments on here seems right...But it seemed like you keep asking for things and she was just going along with it...not wanting anything back
Or not really wanting to have anything with you besides just friendship
0 Replies

Victor Eremita

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 10:51 pm
@james203,
I feel for you man; but if she's leaving for the marines, you may not see her again for a while. Has she left yet?
Whatever happens, good luck
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 10:58 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

Quote:
i asked her to breakfast and to be mine she accepted

If you tell her how you feel, you might lose her friendship too.

it's worth the risk, i normally wouldn't suggest telling her at all but since you have already had a long connection with her and if you think she's worth it then it is definitely worth the risk.

but perhaps i am a bad person to give advice because id rather have nothing, no friendship or anything than to carry around a pine every time she shows up, ever time you think about her, every time something reminds you of her.

this way if she turns you down, you can start to get over her, but if it's mutual it won't matter where she goes or for how long, it'll be set...

if it's love you always got to go all in

but if you don't really dig her that much then it is still worth telling her you are interested in her, even if you lose everything because of it.
0 Replies