I don't understand how this car works.

ThinAirDesigns

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 01:23 pm
Ok, it's becoming quite clear that:

A: BillRM knows he's lying through his teeth when he claims that I am "confusing scalar quantities with vector quantities time after time".

or

B: BillRM doesn't have the ability to distinguish one from the other.

You BillRM, have made empty claim after empty claim since you arrived here on this thread and when asked to produce any evidence or explanation for said empty claims simply ignore or deflect the requests.

On the other hand I have produced posts after post answering question after question with links, explanations and *correct* math that YOU cannot demonstrate a SINGLE flaw in.

Face it BillRM -- the reason that the thread participants have got on board with the principles behind our vehicle have *nothing* to do with any 'smooth operator' tendancies on my part, but rather because the math, physics and real world results support the position.

Carry on with your 'idiot drooling' routine -- it's a clear contrast to the reasoned and supported positions on the other side.

JB
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 01:31 pm
@BillRM,
Even stranger I did a fast search on the NALSA yahoo newsgroup and did not find any comments concern this super land sailor that they are about to test.

Sorry I know the name of this car was given at least once but I did not find it so I could not search the yahoo news group using that name as a search term.

Thinairdevice you had not posted on this yahoo newsgroups in years either and the postings was secondary to the sport.

So Thinairdevice would you care to give links on the NALSA website or the yahoo NALSA newsgroup that discuss your wind car?
ThinAirDesigns

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 01:35 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
So Thinairdevice would you care to give links on the NALSA website or the yahoo NALSA newsgroup that discuss your wind car?

I'll be happy to answer your questions just as soon as you start answering mine. One for one ... how's that?

JB

BillRM

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 01:45 pm
@ThinAirDesigns,
Head up group the NASLA newsgroup search had zero hits on the name of the craft IE blackbird or the main designer Cavallaro.

Now one would think if the group who is the main hobbies group for this sport was involved or about to be involved in testing of this amazing craft there would be some comments, at least just one little comment concerning it on their newsgroups?

I will join this newsgroup so I can ask directly if there anyone had hear of the Blackbird or the designer Cavallaro.

Get back tomorrow or the next day as I do have a life but I would not be surprise if we all been taken for a ride on the Blackbird.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 03:15 pm
My posting to the NALSA Yahoo newsgroup concerning the Blackbird testing program below.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gentlemen I wonder if you would be kind enough to let me know if any of you are familiar with a wind craft by the name of Blackbird who chief designer is name Cavallaro?

Is there an upcoming test by NALSA of Blackbird claimed ability to go directly downwind at over two times the wind speed?

The craft Blackbird have a prop in back and a chain drive between the prop and the wheels and there been some news announcements of late concerning it speed downwind capability and your group upcoming role in testing it.

Thanks for any information on the testing program if any of this craft.

0 Replies

ThinAirDesigns

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 04:06 pm
Well well -- I guess the jig is up. BillRM is on the case.

Kudos.

JB
BillRM

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 08:40 pm
@ThinAirDesigns,
I do not know if the jig is yet up but I do find it strange that such an amazing craft that this group had already post hundreds of messages about get almost no play in the very newsgroup that you would would think would be the most interested in it.

A craft that is claimed to be able to do things no other craft in the history of mankind wind power crafts had been able to do.

If a group that are not wind sailors is that interested why the hell is not the wind sailors?
ThinAirDesigns

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 09:32 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
I do not know if the jig is yet up but I do find it strange that such an amazing craft that this group had already post hundreds of messages about get almost no play in the very newsgroup that you would would think would be the most interested in it.

It's not amazing to them -- they understand that is doesn't defy the laws of physics as you claim.

At the NALSA event that Tom Speers (the guy who answered you) described for you all the land sailors gathered 'round for an hour or so, said "pretty clever" and then most went on about there time there -- but by all means keep up with the questions for them over there. They're nice folks, and won't mind telling you in a very nice way that you are wrong, wrong, wrong.

You simply won't apply yourself to understanding how it works and instead have decided to cry "Witch" and "Hoax and to tell blatent lies about us.

Sorry BillRM -- you've got yourself on the wrong side this round.

JB
BillRM

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 10:11 pm
@ThinAirDesigns,
Given that is would be the very first wind power craft in the history of the human race that could outrace the wind driving it on the same vector you would think that wind sailors would find that interesting even if your hand waving is correct and it does not break the laws of physics!!!!

That there is no great interest in such a craft by wind sailors I find interesting unless it is not commonly known that it is claimed to be able to do this by the wind sailing community.

Reaching a speed far greater then the wind on others vectors is indeed not all that uncommon

BillRM

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 10:19 pm
@ThinAirDesigns,
Hmm the only other reason I can come up with for this lack of interest in this remarkable craft claims is if land wind sailors are a far duller group on average then the the people on able2know.

A first of it kind craft in a branch of human technology that is very mature would draw great interest in most groups.
ThinAirDesigns

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 10:35 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Given that is would be the very first wind power craft in the history of the human race that could outrace the wind driving it on the same vector ...

You really need to stop making **** up. It's been done with a vehicle of this design since the '60s -- the internet just makes things that happen more widely known.

JB
ThinAirDesigns

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 10:39 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
A first of it kind craft in a branch of human technology that is very mature would draw great interest in most groups.

You know, you have your own thread over there -- I'll bet if you ask them why they are not all atwitter they will tell you. Probably some version of "clever, limited in practicality, no big deal".

JB
0 Replies

spork

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 03:01 am
>>the only other reason I can come up with for this lack of interest in this remarkable craft claims is if land wind sailors are a far duller group on average then the the people on able2know.

Why don't you try that theory out on them in their forum? We found them to be a pretty darn sharp group of guys. I'll be curious though to see how much patience they have for someone like you.

>>A first of it kind craft in a branch of human technology that is very mature would draw great interest in most groups.

Gosh, if it was all that don't you think WE'D be the one singing its praises!? It's a brain-teaser. That's it. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll have a chance at understanding how it works, and why it's really no big deal in and of itself. And of course the sooner you'll stop looking like the last fool standing.
ThinAirDesigns

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 08:58 am
@spork,
BillRM wrote:
It's a brain-teaser. That's it. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll have a chance at understanding how it works, and why it's really no big deal in and of itself.

Yep -- once you figure out that (like we've been saying ) it's merely in essence two sailboat rigs spinning around it a tight circle it becomes something a bit less than an oracle.

Quote:
And of course the sooner you'll stop looking like the last fool standing.

I don't think BillRM is quite ready to give up that position just yet. He really likes to tell lies and look silly.

JB
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 10:22 am
@ThinAirDesigns,
Thinairdesign have more oil on his skin then BP had released into the ocean of late.

Now our bullshitting friend is coming up with the claimed that outrunning the wind with no tacking in the wind direction had been done since the 60s!!!!!!!

Come on even the People on this thread can not allow him to change his positions and claims at his whim.

There is no such crafts possible in the 1960s or in the year 400000 AD for that matter in any case.

I am killing this thread however I will check back on July 4 of this year and perhaps July 4 of next year to see how must of a record the Blackbird had broken going directly downwind with no tacking.

spork

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 10:57 am
>>Now our bullshitting friend is coming up with the claimed that outrunning the wind with no tacking in the wind direction had been done since the 60s!!!!!!!

There was an engineer named Andrew Bauer that worked for Douglas Aircraft that made a similar vehicle in the 60's. The documentation is poor, but it appears he briefly did better than windspeed directly downwind.

>>Come on even the People on this thread can not allow him to change his positions and claims at his whim.

Show us where he changed a claim.

>>There is no such crafts possible in the 1960s or in the year 400000 AD for that matter in any case.

In the immortal words of Monty Python - we already have one... it's very nice.
ThinAirDesigns

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 12:07 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Now our bullshitting friend is coming up with the claimed that outrunning the wind with no tacking in the wind direction had been done since the 60s!!!!!!!

Yep. Dr. Andrew Bauer made a bet with legendary aero engineer AMO Smith (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_M._O._Smith) when the were working together on the Douglas DC-10 airplane in SoCal. Dr. Bauer won and AMO paid off.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XtHg_q76Tgs/SsUfmgmFJqI/AAAAAAAAABA/Bk6e13mXMQA/s1600/Bauer.jpg

Quote:
Come on even the People on this thread can not allow him to change his positions and claims at his whim.

More lies from BillRM - but of course he runs away like the coward that he is rather than attempt to support his BS.

JB
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 12:16 pm
@spork,
Quote:
There was an engineer named Andrew Bauer that worked for Douglas Aircraft that made a similar vehicle in the 60's. The documentation is poor, but it appears he briefly did better than windspeed directly downwind.

So no solid proof but a claim dating back to the 60s is good enough it would seem now and then!

In any case tracking had always been a requirement before for going faster then the wind downwind by some of thinairdevice own statements on the net I been looking at as a matter of fact.

Now you jokers are trying to pull a craft with no hard evidence out of your rear ends from the 60s!

Kind of telling me and anyone else what manner of game players you are.

In any case I will be looking forward to some hard solid proof of these claims on July 4 or any other day of this year or any year.
ThinAirDesigns

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 12:30 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Now you jokers are trying to pull a craft with no hard evidence out of your rear ends from the 60s!

There is *plenty* of good evidence of Bauer's success. Go talk to Jack Norris who after retirement from Douglas went on to aircraft fame by acting as the Technical Director for the Voyager n0n-stop around the world project. Jack worked with and was a personal witness to Bauer's project.

You keep complaining that there needs to be highly educated people involved in the project and everytime we give you more names (that you can go talk to) you ignore them.

Get it touch with Jack -- his reputation is impecable and he was there.

JB
BillRM

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 01:03 pm
@ThinAirDesigns,
First no one you can have as part of your team now is at all likely to have a higher standing then the two world famous professors that came out with cold fusion.

OK let stop talking and give us all some nice and very solid proof of this device abilities on a track with every possible element recorded by third parties.

So far the more you try worming the less it seem that you can have anything at all behind your claimed other then hot air.