“I am unalterably opposed to discrimination of any sort”, do you agree or disagree?

electronicmail

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 11:10 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Sorry I should have said it's the column that appears when we're NOT logged in, so our own tags don't show. Log off and you'll see it. Also I ran a frequency association test and found "politics" to have very low coincidence with "religion" and almost none with "israel", that's why I said they're determined by someone, not statistically determined tag clouds. Try it.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 11:12 am
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

Sorry I should have said it's the column that appears when we're NOT logged in, so our own tags don't show. Log off and you'll see it.

Yes, I'm aware of that. But once again, I ask how you know that these are not automatically generated.

Cycloptichorn
electronicmail

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 11:17 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I edited to explain.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 11:25 am
@electronicmail,
Your test not-withstanding, Religion and Israel (and Marriage) are all hot topics in politics right now, and the threads including those topics see a lot of posts recently- even if the total number of threads including those tags are low.

If you don't want to read that stuff, don't - instead, stick to making amateurish and stupid predictions re: the Tea Party and their glorious road to success Laughing

Cycloptichorn
electronicmail

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 11:28 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I make no predictions. I observe results. I leave predictions to prophets, like the religious fanatics who subdivided the forums on this board. Those "hot topics in politics right now" exist in your imagination and are not borne out by any statistical correlation, so thank you for your effort. But only results count.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 11:30 am
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

I make no predictions. I observe results. I leave predictions to prophets, like the religious fanatics who subdivided the forums on this board.

Oh, so you didn't write this?

Quote:
I'm not a prophet. It's only my personal opinion, reinforced by all my research including what I read here, that unless the neocons and other left- or right-wing "affirmative action" supporters move closer to the Tea Party position, most incumbents of both major parties will be trounced in November. I hope that clears up any ambiguity in my previous statements and plan to post again on November 3rd. Thank you.

That seems to be a prediction to me...

The 'tea party' position is one born out of great ignorance and resentment, not careful and measured thought about the future. Why would we want to see more of this in our politics?

Cycloptichorn
electronicmail

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 03:59 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
Your test not-withstanding.....

Numbers don't lie. Try the Boolean "AND" linking "politics" AND "marriage" or any of the other irrelevancies you list, that also the forum classification lists. The correlation isn't with number of threads it's with actual enumeration.

Another test you can try after you get into the "politics" category is looking how many sub-categories mention "religion", "israel" and other terms that never come up in statistical correlations. If there's some religious fanatic peddling his agenda here then that should be disclosed to A2K members imho, that's the only point I'm making, because obviously it can't be a tag cloud coming up with those results.

djjd62

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 04:01 pm
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:
If there's some religious fanatic peddling his agenda here

i've never peddled an agenda, i prefer a bike
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 12:24 am
@electronicmail,
Goldwater here is not against discrimination because discrimination is wrong. That does not make the man a saint. In fact, his statement is reprehensible.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 12:29 am
@electronicmail,
Doesn't using the voters of a state well known in the annals of racism confirm that Paul is a racist?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 12:32 am
@electronicmail,
That is despicable.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 12:37 am
@joefromchicago,
I remember foxfyre as being rather nasty. There were others who were worse but she was no shrinking violet.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 12:42 am
@JTT,
Well, if you were a woman who accepted a date and then learned the man was a Republican, you might learn that he liked sex no matter how illicit it was.
plainoldme

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 12:55 am
@electronicmail,
What a complete non sequitur.

I now agree that you probably are foxfyre: she could never follow a thread either.

There was mention . . . and this is your thread, therefore, you should be monitoring it . . . about opposition to gay marriage.

Marriage is now and always was about property rights. Period.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 12:59 am
@Cycloptichorn,
The tea party position is as you describe it but I am concerned about the ability of people to recognize reality. America has always been a right leaning country, to its detriment. We have had waves of crazies, like the Know Nothings who were ancestral to today's tea totalitarians and the folks in AZ. The crazies abated in the past. I am not certain that this wave will abate. They are a serious threat to the entire planet.
electronicmail

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 05:44 am
@plainoldme,
Excuse me for laughing at this one
Quote:
Well, if you were a woman who accepted a date and then learned the man was a Republican, you might learn that he liked sex no matter how illicit it was.

How about you ask the guy about his politics in advance and refrain from such "illicit" sex in the future Very Happy Laughing 2 Cents
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 06:52 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
The tea party position is as you describe it but I am concerned about the ability of people to recognize reality. America has always been a right leaning country, to its detriment. We have had waves of crazies, like the Know Nothings who were ancestral to today's tea totalitarians and the folks in AZ. The crazies abated in the past. I am not certain that this wave will abate. They are a serious threat to the entire planet.
Leaning toward the right
means not deviating from legitimacy,
like an accountant who leans toward accuracy in his numbers.

The purpose and the spirit of the Tea Parties
is to preserve the Originalist American spirit of laissez faire capitalism,
which is PERSONAL LIBERTY, the opposite totalitarianism.

David
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 10:25 am
@electronicmail,
Sugar, do/did you ask politics first? How much do most people know about each other before they go on a date . . . which is supposed to be about discovering who and what a person is.

I think in your other persona we had a discussion as to how most right-wing men refused to take no for answer.
plainoldme

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 10:27 am
Why do some people think laissez-faire protects liberties when the loosening of controls on business that began with the Raygun administration led to the stagnation of wages for 80% of the population?

Oh, yes, the oligarchs, those nasty, conformist, self-serving captains of industry with . . . as my Father would say . . . both arms on the right side of their bodies saw astronomical increases in income.

Freedom for all! Not!
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 11:23 am
@plainoldme,
So now you're claiming you got raped? And you think that was somehow caused by the guy being a Republican? Sounds to me like a police matter not political.