BigEgo

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 07:34 am
Rand Paul (R-KY) is quoted saying that "Food, Water And Health Care Are Not Human Rights." -- Hmmm... but apparently accepting a paycheck from the American people is.

Rand Paul: Food, Water And Health Care Are Not Human Rights
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 1,768 • Replies: 4
No top replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 02:13 pm
@BigEgo,
Another case of someone who has it all refusing to share with the have nots. We need to remove these leaches from office.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 02:18 pm
Rand Paul is, to an extent, skating on his father's popularity. But both he and his father appeal to a lot of young, dissatisfied Americans who have no time for Republicans or Democrats of the traditional mold. Something which should be of concern to those who disparage Ron Paul and Rand Paul is that Ron Paul (and by a tenuous extension, Rand Paul) has successfully appealed to young adherents of the tea party and young adherents of the occupy movement, to evangelicals and homosexuals, and to a broad array of young people who mistrust government and the traditional parties. I'm no fan of either one of them, but i'm not prepared to bury my head in the sand and ignore their appeal.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 02:34 pm
@Setanta,
Surely educated people can see that this is just a case of politicians saying one thing but doing the very thing they are preaching against?
Setanta

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 02:28 am
@RABEL222,
Even educated people are not immune to fanaticism. The Ron Paul camp in Tampa last year was a truly bizarre place. Voting, of course, is not restricted to well-educated people.
0 Replies