communications unit for nvq2 care

mags

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 12:57 pm
im doing my nvq2 in care and im stuck on one question and would like help.
the question is :- how do life experiences effect peoples view of the world and therefore their conversations and opinions
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,456 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Wy

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 03:44 pm
What's an nvq2 in care? It probably doesn't affect (not effect) the answer to your question, but I'm curious...

Think about your own experiences, and how you'd be likely to react to a situation. Now think of an acquaintance who'd react very differently. How much of the difference might be traced to, say, early home life? Education? That might get you started...
0 Replies

mags

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 01:28 am
Wy wrote:
What's an nvq2 in care? It probably doesn't affect (not effect) the answer to your question, but I'm curious...

Think about your own experiences, and how you'd be likely to react to a situation. Now think of an acquaintance who'd react very differently. How much of the difference might be traced to, say, early home life? Education? That might get you started...
nvq2 in care is the course i am doing i am a carer in the community working with dissabled and mentaly ill patients.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 03:20 pm
Thanks for the answer, mags, and by the way, welcome to A2K.

Are you getting any farther with your question?
0 Replies

mags

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 03:38 pm
no one seams to know about about it, i am working on my own in this and all the other class has mates to help thank you for your reply margaret
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 11:24 pm
Here are a few points for you to ponder that may help preparing your class project:

1. How do we form our view of the world? When we are little babies isn't our view of the world much different than it is when we are older? Don't we form our views on everything from our experiences? We hear stories and songs that tell us what others think of the world, and from those experiences we form our own views. Even the influence of what we read is a product of the experience of reading.

2. Think of how the same experience might cause two different people to form different views of the world. One person suffers a terrible tragedy, and thereafter never loves or trusts again. A different person might meet the same tragic circumstances by surrounding themselves with friends and loved ones so that any future loss will be more bearable. One person tries harder in the face adversity, and another turns instead to drink and drugs. One fortunate person shares all they have with others, and another becomes even more miserly and greedy. Why is it that people react so differently to what are essentially the same circumstances?

3. Do we ever hold views that we "know" are wrong, incorrect or not factual? If we do, how is it that we are able to deceive ourselves? What does that conflict between knowing what's right and wrong do to the way a person thinks?

4. When we decide to communicate with others, where do the ideas that we want to communicate come from? Some, of course, come from the simple needs that we each share; the need to eat, drink, be warm and sheltered, to be loved and accepted by those we care for. Other communication arises from our need to express ourselves, or to explore with others ideas and interests. Can we ever say anything that we haven't already thought? How much thought precedes each thing we say?

5. What is truth, and what is a lie? Can something we say be both at the same time? How do we manipulate the world around us by the things we choose to say, and the way we say those things? What are the consequences to us of our words?

6. How much do we listen to what others say, especially in response to our own words? Do we learn, or do we avoid hearing what conflicts with what we believe already. If we never change our opinions, then can we ever learn anything new?
0 Replies

mags

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 01:23 am
thank you for your help i am very gratefull i will be asking more later as this is a very helpfull internet thank you again mags
0 Replies

jackturton

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 07:41 am
nvq2
Rolling Eyes hello my name is jackie i am also doing my nvq2 its a nightmare aint it lol in respect to your question think of it as in the way that different people have different back grounds ie like religion culture they may do things different to what you are used to . the key is to always ask a client questions and their opinion so you dont infringe there rights email me on [email protected] if ya need help ok x
0 Replies

mags

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 08:16 am
thank you in greatfull margaret
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 10:15 am
I'd be very interested in reading the finished product of these questions you've asked for assistence with. Could you please post them?
0 Replies

foxtwells

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 06:40 am
health and safety
Very Happy what are the health risks to others from an emergency
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 06:26 pm
I'm really curious about this assignment. I could write volumes just off the top of my head on this subject!

If you haven't any practical experience yet in your field, I would suggest muling over all the people you have known/worked with/communicated with (especially the ones that seemed challenging to you). In your work, you are going to encounter all sort of people with unique backgrounds, abilities, communication skills and styles.

This stuff is so fun! I work in this field, and I'm guessing you are just starting out (school first, then working?). Once you get in there, this question will seem easy as pie.

Good luck.
I'd love it if you'd post more about this. What will be your title when you finish school?
0 Replies