A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

msolga

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 07:20 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
Was the Ukrainian service especially awful, Olga?

Yes.
For starters, we'd fasted since midnight & the service went for hours!
Hours of tummy rumbling.
Then, the latest horrible news from "home" ... people weeping & sniffling. Sigh.
And the endless singing, standing, kneeling, watching the adults around me, wondering if it would ever end!
I recall, as a little kid, thinking it was all a bit overwhelming & scary, really.

Quote:
Thanking about mortality and old age.

Ah.
Because of the film you saw & the book you're reading (I know nothing about them)?
Or feeling reflective?

Enjoy your get-together, Deb, when you work out where it'll be. Smile

ossobuco

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 07:39 pm
@msolga,
I relate, msolga.
My cousin lived with us in the Chicago area when she was twelve and I was eleven.
She had lived solely in southern california, a place with its own geographic problems, but in most regions there not subject to very cold weather. My mother bought us coats, and so on.
She fainted in church. We were reasonably bundled up re the cold, and the church was hot and ceremonies long. Very long.
farmerman

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 07:40 pm
@dlowan,
Its now 9:45 PM Sat April 7 In South Central Pa (USA-Earth).
Just got done watching episode 1 of "William and MAry" another 'dramedy" with Martin Clune. Maybe itll get better. SOmetimes Brit Humor is so nuanced it gets boring as hel.
it should be
1 Introduce cast and their special conditions

2 Have the cast do or say funny things

3 Continue item 2 above until time runs out.

The whole point of episode 1 was to let us know that Martin Cluse was an undertaker (I knew that on the intro sheet that netflix sent with the download--Jeez Louise)

Locked down all the equipment and wood at my building site .I ocked the ignition of the Sky Trak I rented for putting up the walls. We are going to Allentown for Easter and the farm will be unoccupied by anyone on two legs (yes chickens have two legs but I wouldnt classify them as an "anybody")
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 07:45 pm
@ossobuco,
Yes, I can understand that you would, osso.
And I forgot about being crowded in!
The church was packed with people & being squashed in, between all those grown-ups for hours was truly awful.
Maybe that's where I developed my claustrophobic tendencies? Wink

Anyway, enough of me.
What are the rest of you up to today?
We wanna know! Smile
ossobuco

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 08:04 pm
@msolga,
I am not, after posturing, making panettone. Maybe next week. I've explained elsewhere, I think, that when I first went to italy, basically for the month of March, panettones were everywhere, so I associate them with easter, not christmas as they are actually associated. Maybe that was all a sales dump..

It's still Saturday here. Waiting to see Roger got home ok, that's a long drive. Tomorrow I'll hit the garden, unless it's raining.

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2012 09:19 pm
1: 20 pm, Monday, 9th April,

Just got back not long ago from feeding Mimi the tabby cat.
She seemed more interested in my company than the food. Glad her owner will be back tonight.
While there, I washed my pooh-covered car ... gifts from the birds who hang about in the street tree in front of my house. Excellent effort on my part, squeezing in a car wash between downpours I thought! Smile
Crazy weather. Really heavy rain. Followed by bursts of sunshine, followed by ....
It was so dark when I got back here I had to turn the lights on. Now it's sunny & bright I've turned them off . Soon, I'll have to turn em back on again!
I wish the weather gods would make up their minds!
dlowan

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2012 09:48 pm
@msolga,
1.17pm Monday.

Trying to motivate myself to do the house cleaning I should have done yesterday!!!!!!!!
Setanta

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2012 09:51 pm
@dlowan,
You get Easter Monday off?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2012 10:06 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

You get Easter Monday off?
Easter Monday seems to be a public holiday in about 100 countries worldwide.
6:00 am. Up early, since we'll drive to the Archaeological Park (archaeological open air museum) in Colonia Ulpia Traiana (aka Xanten) with our vistors shortly ... just waiting for the bakery to open to get some rolls ...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2012 10:14 pm
@Setanta,
Yep. I don't think much of christianity, but they sure know how to throw good holidays!

1.45.....done first bit of cleaning. Have to rest often because of bloody back.
msolga

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 03:06 am
@dlowan,
7:04 pm, Monday

Oh no, not your back playing up again, Deb!
Sigh.

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 03:09 am
@msolga,
It's 12:07PM, and I'm in Corfu, Greece. We're leaving this afternoon at 1PM to Itea and Delphi. It's been raining most of the time, but got a little bit of sunshine for a few minutes about 15 minutes ago. Nice island with interesting sites looking out onto other islands in the area.
msolga

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 03:13 am
@cicerone imposter,
Tough times, hey, ci? Wink
I hope the weather improves for you!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 03:35 am
@cicerone imposter,
Will you be going to Crete? That's well worth a visit.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 06:40 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Yep. I don't think much of christianity, but they sure know how to throw good holidays!

odd that the U.S. doesn't think much of all these Christian holidays - our U.S. office was open Friday and today. You'd think they'd be all over Easter. Resurrection and all that.

Easter Monday - 8:40 a.m. - I'm at my desk - still amazed that the guy at Timmy's finally figured out that I wanted strawberry jam not peanut butter jam with my bagel.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 06:54 am
10:54 pm, Monday ...

Just finished watching a live debate between Richard Dawkins & Cardinal George Pell, one of the most conservative Catholic Church leaders in, Oz on Q&A.
In front of a very partisan Christian audience.
It's left me feeling rather wrung out! Wink
Off to bed soon with a book.
Coldest night in ages.
Brrrrrr.
farmerman

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 06:59 am
@msolga,
8:57 AM Mon, back from fishing and caught 3 trout.

If you get a link to the Pell/Dawkins debate, let me know where I can see it.
msolga

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 07:04 am
@farmerman,
Sure, farmer.
As soon as the ABC posts it online... probably tomorrow, I'd say.
I'll post it on on the Meaning of Oz thread, OK?
Unless you can suggest a more appropriate thread?

3 trout!
Yum.
Good going! Smile
Beats 3 eels any day! Wink
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 05:27 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
If you get a link to the Pell/Dawkins debate, let me know where I can see it.

Here you go, farmer. (last post on the page)

Hope this works in the US!

http://able2know.org/topic/43890-170#post-4951982
ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 05:34 pm
@msolga,
Thanks.