A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

djjd62

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 06:39 am
8:39 am April 1st, just put a pork roast (with some small whole white potatoes, some quartered yams, onion and garlic) in the slow cooker for super tonight, will add some mushrooms later on, some broccoli and asparagus should round out the meal quite nicely
jcboy

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 06:13 pm
@djjd62,
It’s 8:12PM in St. Pete. Antonio has already taken his bath and now is getting his jammies on for the night. I have to read another chapter in his book when I put him to bed.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 07:08 pm
9:08 p.m. in Toronto

listening to Jim Cuddy's playlist on the CBC - wow, another great program

finishing the laundry - considering tomorrow's weather and whether I'll be able to wear the poncho I bought at Nathalie-Roze today. I really want to!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 07:44 pm
@farmerman,
Well, there's something you could invent - better bottle nipples for lambs.
(In your spare time of course)

Here in land o'sand it's 7:27pm. A friend has been around this week so we've spent good talking time. Meantime, I'm going after sandspurs in the yard (grrrr), and moving rocks around. Considering planting a volunteer native here on purpose (Chilopsis linearis, desert willow). We'll see. I think my Forestiera neomexicana (new mexican olive) is working on budding. I gave it some water to surprise it today. (They don't need water once established, bless 'em).

Going to plant some more lavender - not native, but sturdy through thick and thin of the weather here. Then some catmint and a bunch of cooking herbs. Baby needs her parsley, thyme, and basil. Oh, and chives.

As to this minute, I'm resting after a breadmaking afternoon.

edit, just remembered, so I'll add this here as a reminder to myself. A neighbor down the street offered me some volunteer Perovskia (russian sage). I just have to dig them out from between his decorative wood barrier and the sidewalk. Also not native, but pretty for much of the year and not horribly aggressive.
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLB8tydiqZGLE6hLKLUje1cymwqCEZ81bUq8yNNUj0dHUbgwuMBw
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2012 06:04 pm
10 am, Good Friday, Melbourne

Up early to do a bit of gardening before it gets too hot.
A predicted top of 30 C degrees today. Surprised
Our last summer-ish day before the autumn cool sets in, the weather bureau tells us ...
I've been up the Big Ladder (very brave of me! Wink ), chopping back the very tops my bottle brush bushes .... they'll be way too tall & block out too much light from my backyard if I don't do this now.
Also removed the my now past it tomato plants from their pots.
Some weeding to do yet.
It's starting to get quite windy out there!
jcboy

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2012 06:53 pm
@msolga,
It’s 8:52 PM in St. Pete. Antonio is tucked away in his bed and daddy and I are watching a little TV. Thankful tomorrow is Friday!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2012 07:00 pm
Friday 6th April 2012 - 10.50am

I'm sitting here, eating grapes, and playing on A2K until my laundry finishes.

A holiday today - so, of course, I'm up and about early, breakfast by 6am, dressed and out for a walk by 6.45am. This is supposed to be the best day of the Easter break, the first one I've spent at home in years. Bloody lovely day it is, too.

The bay looked brilliant this morning, no breeze, boats bobbing, very high tide, water still, some rowers out. There were actually four fishermen standing in water almost up to their waists, just off the path. I've never seen that before and I've lived here for 13 years. No-one seemed to be catching anything.

Wish I'd thought to take the camera.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2012 08:09 pm
Just after midday, Friday ...

Just did an online survey emailed to me by my local newspaper of choice.
It took me about half an hour to complete!
The only reason I did it was because I could win an iPad for participating.
I reckon, after the time that took, the AGE owes me that iPad! Wink

Back to the garden now ....
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2012 08:55 pm
8PM in San Francisco - just fed the man seared tuna. Watching a shark and a king street fight on the ice. Waiting to find something on Netflix. Go Sharks!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 04:59 am
8:58 pm, Good Friday, Melbourne

The cold change is coming through.
It's raining steadily, but gently, now.
A short while ago things were considerably more volatile!
Thunder, lightning & heavy rain.
My cat went into hiding at that point, but she'll emerge again soon, now that things are calmer.
Come on, Poppy, it's OK now. Smile

(Late) dinner is almost ready.
I have no idea why, but I feel perfectly at peace with the world right now.
Nice.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 07:17 am
9:17 a.m.
Toronto
Good Friday

chillaxing eh

Set's just gone upstairs with an entourage. He has a carrot muffin, so the dogs will follow him anywhere.

I'm drinking tea, considering breakfast and hoping it warms up soon.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 01:53 pm
It's ten til one p.m. here in Arizona. My wife and I just prepared our dinner (our main meal is at 2 pm). The weather's perfect here, 78 degrees, I'm going outside to read til dinner under a lemon tree next to a large table where we feed the local birds their wild bird seed.
jcboy

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 04:15 pm
@JLNobody,
It’s 6:14 PM in St. Pete. Isabel is here and going to watch Antonio so Marco and I are taking a taxi to Alibi to meet a few friends.
Mattingly

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 04:36 pm
@jcboy,
I see you.
Sloan

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 05:55 pm
@Mattingly,
It's okay to see, just keep a distance.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 06:08 pm
8:07 p.m. Toronto Saturday night
laundry's on the go
just had some lemon yogurt
time to go for a walk with the old dogs
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 06:08 pm
6:00 p.m. in now sunny Albuquerque. It was overcast a fair part of the day. 69 degrees F now. Chance of thunderstorms tomorrow.

I'm gearing up to finally stitch/repair a thrift shop treasure with a tear I hadn't seen when I bought it. It's a silk zippered windbreaker-like thing, labeled as being from the arab emirates. Soon to be one more task out of the way.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 06:48 pm
10:40 am Easter Sunday, Melbourne:

Drinking tea & catching up with the overnight news on various online sites.
Thinking that, many years ago, there would still be quite a bit (!) of the Ukrainian Catholic Easter service to go. Ah, wretched childhood memories ...
The weather's definitely getting a bit chillier now ... my ankles feel cold in sandals. Better get moving soon & warm up.
Soon I'll get outta my pajamas & go visit/feed/pat/talk to Mimi the tabby cat. Her owner's away till Monday night & I'm on cat duty till then.
dlowan

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 06:59 pm
@msolga,
10.25 am Adelaide...Easter Sunday.

Getting ready to go out for coffee...not sure where because it was organized by someone else and I just texted them that the place they chose is closed today.

Absolutely have to catch up on housework today or tomorrow.

Reading book that Marigold Hotel, which I saw yesterday, is based on.

Thanking about mortality and old age.

Was the Ukrainian service especially awful, Olga?
jcboy

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 07:01 pm
It’s 8:56 PM in St. Pete. Marco and I had cocktails with a couple of friends. Its funny, Antonio would not go to bed until we came home. He waited up for us. I just tucked him in and he was out like a light. Cool
0 Replies