THE MEANING OF OZ - All you need to know!

izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 02:50 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:
Wow - you found a story, in Birmingham, in 2000.

That's what Nazis do they find tiny little stories that are completely unrepresentative and mix them up with lies. It's not about the dangers of multiculturalism, it's all about being a racist.
Ionus

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 03:37 am
@hingehead,
Your sole argument is to scream racist because someone has the gall to have a different immigration policy to you . Apparently it is not politics . To you it is religion .

Why do we only take the rich from poor countries that need them ?
msolga

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 04:25 am
@Bootlace,
Quote:
Of course msolga, I can't take a lot of your writings seriously since I found you inability to distinguish the difference between race and religion.

Of course you can't! Wink
You insisted that this moronic Oz Cricketer was making a statement about religion, when he made this stupid comment on Australia Day! Apparently the mention of "Allah" was all it took to convince you!

Quote:
Just put out my aussie flag for Australia Day but I wasn't sure if it would offend Muslims ... So I wrote Allah is a **** to make sure.

Some comment on religion! Rolling Eyes
msolga

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 04:37 am
@msolga,
Anyway, I'd also like to hear your response to hinge's question to you, Bootlace :
Quote:
still waiting for you to tell me how multiculturalism is ruining your life.
Bootlace

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 12:17 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

Wow - you found a story, in Birmingham, in 2000. Clap clap clap. What a pity we can't count the stories you didn't find that don't support your thesis.

I think you need to do some growing yourself.

There you go again hingehead, I never said it was ruining MY life, those are your words. Are you a Murdock journalist ?
oh well, I guess you are always right and everyone else is wrong.
Happy easter or happy holidays as the case may be.
0 Replies

Bootlace

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 12:25 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

hingehead wrote:
Wow - you found a story, in Birmingham, in 2000.

That's what Nazis do they find tiny little stories that are completely unrepresentative and mix them up with lies. It's not about the dangers of multiculturalism, it's all about being a racist.

Another one who plays the "race card" where religion is involved and you
talk about nazis ? They could take some lessons from you izzy.
I don't understand how the Birmingham article is "unrepresentive" of the Baa Baa story; it is the story !
I am heartened that you admit there are dangers with multiculturalism.
Happy easter or happy holidays as the case may be.
0 Replies

Bootlace

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 12:41 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Your sole argument is to scream racist because someone has the gall to have a different immigration policy to you . Apparently it is not politics . To you it is religion .

Why do we only take the rich from poor countries that need them ?

The "race card" is an easy one to play and an emotive one.
People are frightened to speak ill of religion for fear of being branded
a "racist" Some on here "over play" the "race card" and use it as a shield and /or as a badge of merit for all to see.
Well, it does not impress me one iota. It just shows what a low level some will
stoop to, to be seen as model, upright ,fair-minded citizens.
I am glad some can see through the facade.
0 Replies

Bootlace

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 12:43 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Quote:
Of course msolga, I can't take a lot of your writings seriously since I found you inability to distinguish the difference between race and religion.

Of course you can't! Wink
You insisted that this moronic Oz Cricketer was making a statement about religion, when he made this stupid comment on Australia Day! Apparently the mention of "Allah" was all it took to convince you!

Quote:
Just put out my aussie flag for Australia Day but I wasn't sure if it would offend Muslims ... So I wrote Allah is a **** to make sure.

Some comment on religion! Rolling Eyes

Yes it was emotive comment about a religion but certainly not a RACIST comment .
Bootlace

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 12:52 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Anyway, I'd also like to hear your response to hinge's question to you, Bootlace :
Quote:

As I said previously msolga, those were hinghead's words.
He has a habit of say things and then quotes them as my words.
He also has a habit of making assumptions.
But seeing that he has raised the subject, have you been to Australian cities where there are "no go" zones, some even in daylight because that district
belongs to a certain nationality ? Ghettos where other races are not welcome, not just Australian ? This is one of the downsides of segregation as result of multiculturalism.
Anyway, happy easter or happy holidays as the case may be.
hingehead

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 05:04 pm
@Bootlace,
This whole line of discussion came from this you posted

Bootlace wrote:
It's about time Australia followed many countries in Europe who now admit "Multiculturalism" does not work. Every time you turn around here, you have to change your culture or ways because " we might offend " someone's nationality or religion. It's about time "Assimilation" was practiced as was done early last century. Strong nations are born from assimilation, not from divisions created by multiculturalism. We have become a nation of soft c**ks who won't stand up for OUR culture. We are expected to bow and be tolerant of those who practice intolerance.
Europe is now only starting to realise the state they are in because of the tolerance they have shown to immigrants.
When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

I disagreed. I asked you to show me how multiculturalism was ruining your life and Australia. I have not misquoted you.

Stop sooking and own up.

Tell me one of your no go zones and I'll go there. I'm from Sydney's west - I lived in Auburn for five years, worked in Cabramatta. The back streets of Darlinghurst were the scariest, but I couldn't detect any racial similarities in the various drug pushers, prostitutes, wannabe punks and homeless people. They are no go zones in your head - you feel uncomfortable because everyone looks different - they aren't going to attack you because you look different.
msolga

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 07:44 pm
@Bootlace,
Quote:
Yes it was emotive comment about a religion but certainly not a RACIST comment .

I totally disagree, as before.
We'll just have to agree to differ on our respective interpretations of that utterly stupid comment, Bootlace.
I'm certainly NOT going to go there again!
Once was enough! Neutral

msolga

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 08:41 am
Just taking this opportunity to wish Dutchy/Danny a quick recovery.
Some of you might not be aware, but he's been quite ill & has recently undergone a heart operation.
But (hooray!) he's been able to return home for Easter! Smile
So in case you've been wondering where Danny's gotten to, that's what's happened.
He's till very tired & won't be posting on A2K till feeling much better.
Thinking of you, Danny.
Rest & get better soon!
msolga

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 09:09 am
@msolga,
Perhaps the person who's thumbed down quite a number of the posts above would like to also contribute their perspective to the discussion? Wink
0 Replies

Bootlace

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 12:14 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Quote:

I totally disagree, as before.
We'll just have to agree to differ on our respective interpretations of that utterly stupid comment, Bootlace.
I'm certainly NOT going to go there again!
Once was enough! Neutral

I am not surprised you won't go there again as it is hard to defend the indefensible. You had a good try though.
dlowan

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 03:44 pm
@msolga,
Oh my....I had no idea. Wishing you a speedy recovery Dutchie.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 04:37 pm
All the best, Dutchy. May our one and only Cosmic Eagle soar high and free again soon.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 04:37 pm
@msolga,
Get well Dutchy.
msolga

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 07:39 pm
@hingehead,
Thinking of you on this Sunday morning, Danny.
And hoping all this enforced rest is doing you a powerful world of good!
Happy Easter to you, possum! Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 07:40 pm
@Bootlace,
Ditto! Wink
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 05:23 pm
For those who missed it:
Last night's Q&A debate between Richard Dawkins & Cardinal George Pell:

Video: