A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 04:23 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
I wonder if any ovens do..
ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 04:26 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
I remember the math numbers from yesteryear, but never quite the how to..

On that conversion site, temperature is just one. Here's the Home page to the site - http://www.onlineconversion.com/
0 Replies

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 04:26 pm
@ossobuco,
Looked around last year, but no.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 04:39 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm going to try keeping up with conversions on this thread so I develop an instinct for it. I remember Rome being, what, 24C when I was last there (about 75F) and I remember that 0 C = 32 F and I remember that 37 C = 98.6 or so (from my lab days, 37 C was the usual incubation temp and 98.6 F is normal human temp in the u.s.) but that's like a bunch of polka dots in the air as far as my grasping things.

Hmmm. I can remember to subtract the 32, that makes some sense; now I can consider multiplying that by .555... in my head. A tad more than half of what you get after you take away 32.

and then there would be how to figure it the other way...

I'm happy with the conversion chart. I keep it in my ref (reference) links tab in my safari toolbar. It helps me with kilometers and miles, various weights and volumes..
djjd62

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 04:40 pm
18:40 Tuesday July, 6

watering the poor heat stressed gardens
hamburgboy

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 04:47 pm
@djjd62,
18:43 - eastern lake ontario
-----------------------------------
hot and humid - at least two more days

... and just been notified that the water will be off for TEN hours on thursday arghhhhh ....

beginning to fill the bathtub and all pails - lots of fun

-----------------------------------
we are under water conservation orders - hope filling the tub is ok
djjd62

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 04:48 pm
@hamburgboy,
Shocked TEN HOURS!

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 04:49 pm
@ossobuco,
00:43 Amsterdam Town has gone scilly, gezellig we call thât... Some weird nationalistic feeling with lost of Orange

Was playing wordgames today ... Nice way to learn better English !

Is their a way to find a receipy back apart from scrolling through the thread ?
I finally preserved the sweet-sour melonpeel and want to finish the receipy as well.
Reyn

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 04:50 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I'm happy with the conversion chart. I keep it in my ref (reference) links tab in my safari toolbar. It helps me with kilometers and miles, various weights and volumes..

Osso, not sure if this is the one you have, but it is quite good and comprehensive for all kinds of conversions:

http://www.onlineconversion.com/
hamburgboy

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 04:51 pm
@djjd62,
YEP - on probably the hottest day

the waterpipes are being lined with plastic tubing

( may order a johnny on the spot Shocked Cool )
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 06:42 pm
10:43 am, Wednesday 7th July, Melbourne Oz:

Good morning everyone.

How weird to read about your extremely hot weather while sitting at this computer wearing 2 jumpers & woolly socks ..

I'm feeling very quiet & peaceful today, so nothing much to report. Apart from I must do some washing & get it dry before the next lot of rain (tomorrow, the weather bureau tells us), wash last night's dishes & figure out what to cook for dinner tonight (friend coming over) ...

Apart from those things, I predict a gentle day for today. Things could be worse.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 06:55 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep wrote:

00:43 Amsterdam Town has gone scilly, gezellig we call thât... Some weird nationalistic feeling with lost of Orange
Was playing wordgames today ... Nice way to learn better English !
Is their a way to find a receipy back apart from scrolling through the thread ?
I finally preserved the sweet-sour melonpeel and want to finish the receipy as well.

Hi, Pep - yes, there is. Woe be our search, but the fix will be a while coming. But, there are ways, I think several. Had you posted on a sweet sour melonpeel recipe?

If so, I'll see what various ways I can find it, so you get the routine, or at least my routine.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 06:56 pm
@Reyn,
Yes, Reyn, that's it...very useful.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 08:09 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
I found it - it took me a while, since I didn't know what words to put in the Google Custom search window at the top right.

So, I started going back through your posts listed on your profile, skipping all those except those possibly about food.

Here ya go..

http://able2know.org/topic/153164-3#post-4194179

Uh oh. You must have an earlier recipe for what to do with the peel. Well, hey, go to that one, and then look back on the sophia's kitchen thread until you find it.
dlowan

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 11:18 pm
@ossobuco,
2.46 pm Wednesday.

At work.

Brain and spirit stuffed for some reason...not sure why.

About to get busy again.
0 Replies

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 11:29 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank you for helping out. I did already write about the clove I see. Keep forketting details...

07:45 first coffee of the day
0 Replies

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 01:26 am
It`s Wednesday the 7 July, its 14 degreesd C wet overcast and i`ve been at work for the last 4 hours. I`m soooo bored but happy!

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 01:27 am
by the way Im in over cast suffolk England BBBRRRRR!
margo

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 01:36 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

made it home before I turned into a schvitz puddle]

I don't actually know what a schvitz puddle is, but I'm guessing it's none too flash!

Wednesday 7 July 2010 - 5.35pm in Sydney, and it's bloody freezing!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 02:31 am
@Sticky,
Welcome, Sticky. Pleased to meet you! Very Happy

6:29 pm, Wednesday 7th July, Melbourne, Oz:

I've been stood up for dinner.
Everything on, cooking away, dinner about 40 minutes away & my friend rings to tell me that her not-too-committed male friend has just turned up without notice, so ...

Jeez, some women! Rolling Eyes Sad