A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 02:40 am
@msolga,
Shall I get my broom out and come over ? btw What's 4 dinner ?
msolga

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 03:32 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Yes, please come for dinner, Pepi! You are most welcome. Smile

The main course is Deb's slow cooked chicken, lemon & garlic. (I love garlic!) Sitting on steamed rice (which I love) & accompanied by crunchy steamed green beans.

Next course is those baked apples I mentioned in a post to your thread. Stuffed with sultanas & other bits & pieces. With a super-decadent vanilla ice cream.

Interested?

7:34 pm, Melbourne.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 04:03 am
@msolga,
11:55 AM Amsterdam

Laughing
It would be my first virtual dinner. My lovely # is making lunch however and would be X if I broom off to Oz now... Does courgette-rolls with feta and bacon sount right to you ? They will be ready in 20 minutes or so. No wine here, just fruit-juices and water.

Truth or Dare:
Have U ever had dinner with a A2K or PF member ?
msolga

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 05:50 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Quote:
Truth or Dare:
Have U ever had dinner with a A2K or PF member ?

Well I've only just met the PF members, so dinner (in Australia) is rather a tall order, don't you think, Pepi?

But I have shared meals with 2 members of the Oz A2K community (so far). Very pleasant experiences they were, too! Smile
There would have been another such episode yesterday, had I received a bit more warning. Sadly, I couldn't make it.

Keep in mind, though, that Australians are but a tiny proportion of this big A2K community. But what we lack in numbers, we compensate with class! Very Happy

9: 50 pm, 7th July, Melbourne
Francis

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 06:01 am
msolga wrote:
But what we lack in numbers, we compensate with class!

Indeed.
msolga

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 06:27 am
@Francis,
So kind of you to say that, Francis!

Very Happy

And speaking of classy French folk .....

0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:02 am
@msolga,
10:03 am, July 7:

msolga wrote:
... How weird to read about your extremely hot weather while sitting at this computer wearing 2 jumpers & woolly socks ...

I dream about sitting at the computer all dressed up! Laughing

We are now definitely in hot weather mode here in British Columbia as well. Tomorrow is threatening 32 to 35 Celsius, depending on who's forecast you believe. Sad

I hope that the cooling trend promised for next week becomes true.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:13 am
@Sticky,
Welcome to a2k, Sticky. I just looked that up, 14C = about 57F. That's similar to my old home area in northern california immediately by the coast. It tends to have a high in summer of 63F degrees, and high in winter of 53F degrees. I somewhat miss it since I now live in a desert area that gets scaldingly hot in July and August.

I see Suffolk is coastal too - or at least part of it is -

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/15/EnglandSuffolk.png
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:15 am
@msolga,
That used to make me very irritated. I was obliging, back in the day, but eventually got too crabby to put up with that as a pattern.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:18 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
I've had lots of real lunches and dinners with a2kers over the years, a great experience, and.. the food was good too.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:21 am
13:20 Eastern
I'm eating a couple of clementines.
0 Replies

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:25 am
@msolga,
I've met one of the PF-ers in London. We had a few fun days. We bought hats, went to St. James Palace (really close to Buckingham Palace). Soho and the China Town. On top of it All I found The Temple (just love Dan Brown) after three days...

Today was lovely. Went to see a neuro-psycholigist or something. He said I am fine, but I seriously doubt it. Later I bronzed the bottum of my boat. Tomorrow lack. In the after-noon I went to Leidseplein (square) to look at the tourists. Guess, there were 4 Australians !

Two of them were street-artists from Melbourne and the gave a brilliant show ! Brilliant ! Laughing I thought I have to tell our cookie on A2K !
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:43 am
13:40 Wednesday, July 7

finished working over some sod i'd dug up last year and let break down, got two nice bags of soil to add to the garden this fall and a bucket of stone to fill in some ruts on the road side, cloudy to day but still humid, done with anymore outside work for a bit
Francis

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:45 am
George wrote:

I guess they will have no progeny, then...
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:46 am
10:20 am in rainy San Diego
It seems there is a heat wave everywhere in the United States and Europe
while we're here in southern California have unusual cool temperatures.
I am not complaining but I do hope that won't be a new trend here.
I am waiting for the much anticipated soccer game - Germany vs. Spain,
although I will have to watch it online in the office and tamper down my
excitement should Germany (and it will) win.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:51 am
@CalamityJane,
Weird Weather World I call it.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 12:14 pm
@Francis,
Francis wrote:

George wrote:

I guess they will have no progeny, then...

Poor darlings
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 04:31 pm
Another brutally hot day in Cville. 100 F (39 C). But there was a hint of a breeze at times and there is a chance of t-storms for the next several days.
I hope folks further up the mid-Atlantic, New England and into Canada are doing okay.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 06:56 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

13:40 Wednesday, July 7

finished working over some sod i'd dug up last year and let break down, got two nice bags of soil to add to the garden this fall and a bucket of stone to fill in some ruts on the road side, cloudy to day but still humid, done with anymore outside work for a bit

I hope you put on a gas mask first so the pounding you gave him wouldn't be so smelly.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 05:11 pm
9:12, Friday 9th July, Melbourne Oz:

A really cold morning. It's around 4 C degrees. (maybe that's not-so-cold for some of you in winter, but pretty jolly cold for these parts! Brrr!) On the credit side, a warm, sunny day coming up later on.

I'm running around trying to get more of the jobs on my List done, before returning to work on Monday. (Today: a haircut, a medical appointment, lunch ... & with a bit of luck, some more garden pruning this afternoon.) I figure it's not possible to get every single necessary job done ... or that's what I'm telling myself, anyway ...

Yesterday was nice. My friend (who stood me up for dinner the night before) turned up on my doorstep with profuse apologies & a perfectly understandable explanation ..with flowers & cake .. which we ate (just the cake, not the flowers) , sitting on the back veranda in the mid-morning sun. I also received a surprise flower delivery from a long ago ex, now living interstate. Lots of flowers. I like that.
0 Replies