some new businesses

tintin

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 09:35 pm
Please look at this English text ...
Some new businesses are unable to afford environmentally conscious methods of production.

What is 'environmentally conscious methods' ? This is hard to understand. Could you please tell me few examples to grasp it in a better way ?

is it related to production and environmental pollution ?

I am not sure because when I read the rest it says ...
A new government program aims to help correct that by offering businesses that are less than five years old a nonrefundable $2000 annual tax credit as an incentive to adopt certain government-approved environmentally conscious production methods.

Still not clear what is a 'environmentally conscious production methods' .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,028 • Replies: 2
No top replies

tintin

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 09:25 am
comments please
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 21 May, 2010 09:45 am
@tintin,
Envirnomentally conscious means setting up your manufacturing with a view to reducing pollution. This means you have to set up pollution abatement on your smoke stacks and you can't pour your waste into the river. It also can refer to recycling your waste instead of just putting it in the landfill. Start-ups often try to cut corners in these areas because they are not big enough to make recycling pay and they are trying to get started with minimal spending.
0 Replies