Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,471 • Replies: 13
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 09:59 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Washington, do you hear us now!

What the heck do you mean by "us"?

Bill Halter is another candidate who supports Obama's health care plan and wants more financial regulations. He is the opposite of the Tea Party-- there is no "us" here.

Who do you think you are kidding?

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 10:08 pm
@ebrown p,
Quote:
Who do you think you are kidding?
or alternately you might be the last person in America who does not realize how angry people are....
ebrown p

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 10:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
So... are you really lumping Tea Baggers (who hate Obama and think "Socialized medicine" will destroy America) in with Progressives (who like Obama and think that Socialized Medicine is the best policy for America)?

Progressives are determined.... we aren't angry.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 10:24 pm
@ebrown p,
Quote:

MAY 3-9
30% Right Direction
64% Wrong Track

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/right_direction_or_wrong_track

America is by nature an optimistic nation....do you have any clue how bad these numbers are? Do you have any idea why they are so bad? I know you have not been in a cave for the last two years, what exactly accounts for your ignorance?
ebrown p

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 10:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
Rasmussen?

Could you find a poll from a reputable polling organization to discuss?
ebrown p

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 10:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
Also (pretending that numbers from Rassmussen mean anything) it doesn't say what "Wrong Track" means.

If the numbers are 30% Right Direction, 32% Too liberal and 32% not liberal enough, the 64% is not that impressive is it.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 10:32 pm
@ebrown p,
Quote:
Could you find a poll from a reputable polling organization to discuss?
it is, but if you don't like that source find your own. If you can dispute my numbers with a reputable source we'll talk.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 10:36 pm
@ebrown p,
Quote:
If the numbers are 30% Right Direction, 32% Too liberal and 32% not liberal enough, the 64% is not that impressive is it.
you really take Americans for simpletons don't you, as if the only thing we could care about is left/right ideology.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 10:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
Here is the main point.

You are saying that Washington needs to hear "us" (I assume that this means us American people) because the liberal candidates who support Obamacare, labor protections and financial regulations are winning.

I suppose I agree with you on this-- if Washington keeps passing laws supporting liberal policies as these election results suggested., "we" will be quite happy.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 10:44 pm
@ebrown p,
Quote:
I suppose I agree with you on this-- if Washington keeps passing laws supporting liberal policies as these election results suggested., "we" will be quite happy.

Quote:
Listening to the liberal mouthpiece media, you’d think the opposite were true; but according to Gallup, conservatives make up the largest ideological group in America, even larger than those who consider themselves moderates, and twice the number that identify as liberal. Forty percent of Americans consider themselves “conservative” or “very conservative”, 35% call themselves “moderate”, and only 21% identify as “liberal” or “very liberal”.
http://americanelephant.wordpress.com/2009/06/16/gallup-twice-as-many-americans-conservative-as-liberal/

You are ******* delusional....I am on the extreme edge of the left, but at least I know what time it is.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 12:19 am
I kind of liked Lincoln in this race.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 12:41 am
@roger,
Quote:
Run-off is june 8 I believe, but I don't like her odds.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 11:26 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

I didn't follow it very closely, but from the tidbits I heard, she seemed to be listening to the people she was elected to represent. That can't be a bad thing.
0 Replies