Please edit it (2)

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 11:31 am

Edit the following passage. I need a high-quality editing.

( I will pay back what you now help me. Let me know if you need help on questions about China and Chinese language.

Thank you.)

=============================

Why We Learn English

English is the mother tongue of world powers. As an international linguistic tool, English has been used as a universal language in the world. For school examinations and entrances, for academic degrees, for professional ranks and titles, for a good job in future, and for learning advanced technologies from developed countries, we have to study English. Plus, for better foreign exchanges, and for the convenience to communicate with people around this planet, it is necessary for us to learn the language.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 670 • Replies: 8
No top replies

oristarA

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 04:58 pm
I've improve it, but still need your editing:

Why We Learn English

English is the first language of world powers., and also serves as a universal language.

We have to learn it because of many aspects: to pass through entrance exams, to get academic degrees, and for a good job in future. After entering office, for a better rank, we have to learn English as well. Not to mention the fact that the rapid development of science and technology has forced us to study more about the language.

So, for better conducting foreign exchanges and international cooperations, and for the convenience to communicate with people around the world, learning English has been a necessity for us.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 05:08 pm
Need your high-quality editing.

Please.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 10:12 pm
Well, I myself have edited it a little more:

Why We Learn English

English is the first language of world powers, and also serves as a universal language.

We have to learn it because of many aspects: to pass through entrance exams, to get academic degrees, and to help find a good job in future. After entering office, for promotion and a corresponding title, we have to learn English as well. Not to mention the fact that the rapid development of science and technology has urged us to study more about the language.

So, for better conducting foreign exchanges and international cooperations, and for the convenience to communicate with people around the world, learning English has been a necessity for us.

0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 03:01 am
No one would like to ?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 03:15 am
Why We Learn English

English is the first language of world powers, and also serves as a universal language. Communicating well using English, enables us to participate in our chosen field on a global scale.

We need to learn English for the following reasons:
1. To pass entrance exams;
2. To get academic degrees;
3. To assist in finding a good job in the future;
4. After entering the workplace, for promotion and a corresponding title.
In addition the English language assists us to understand the rapid development of science and technology around the world, not just in China

So, for better foreign exchanges, to foster international cooperation, and for the convenience of communicating with people around the world, learning English has been (is?) a necessity for us.

1. To pass entrance exams;... WHY?
2.To get academic degrees;... WHY?
oristarA

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 05:02 am
@dadpad,
Thank you.

Can't we use "Communicating well with English instead of "Communicating well using English"?
dadpad

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 05:12 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

Thank you.

Can't we use "Communicating well with English instead of "Communicating well using English"?

Communicating well with English is acceptable but not most correct.

"Communicating well with english" makes me feel as if you are communicating with an English person from England. I feel like you have left out the word person (english person) .
We use the english language as a means of communicating
we communicate with someone.
oristarA

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 08:38 pm
@dadpad,
I got the nuance.

Thank you Dadpad.
0 Replies