mm25075

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 01:07 pm
@Butrflynet,
Listen to Butrflynet. She gives great advice.

0 Replies

dirrtydozen22

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 03:06 pm
@Butrflynet,
retail, hospitality, food service. That sort of stuff I've been applying.
0 Replies

dirrtydozen22

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 11:28 am
So after all is said and done...I found out what the wentire big picture is: That the way my life is is the result of what I do, not the result of anyone else. If I do good things, I'll live a good life. If I do bad things, my life will suck. Being guilty of a firable offense...that would definitely make my life suck, esp after I quit on a second chance. Anyhow, I'm just beginning to be responsible for my actions.
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 12:15 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
Good work, DD. You're making some good progress. Hope things work out for you.
dirrtydozen22

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 12:35 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thanks. I also might have a chance at another Wal-Mart. Since I'm rehirable, they said to apply in September when the hiring freeze is over. Otherwise, they'd consider my application now. Of course, that was with the help of VR.
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 12:42 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
Does the VR have any other skill training classes you can take in the meantime?

Perhaps some general office skills would help widen your prospects for a job.
dirrtydozen22

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2010 02:38 pm
@Butrflynet,
I'm taking a class on how to interview. Meanwhile, I'm close to getting an offer at the deli. I've impressed the mgr during the interview. He's just gonna talk to other mgrs about who to hire. Also, back at McD's, when the person from VR referred someone else there, he saw me "kicking ass," and my boss said I'm the hardest worker she has around, so that's a plus.

As for office, yeah, I'd like to work at corporate someday.
0 Replies

dirrtydozen22

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 12:39 pm
I didn't like to admit to reason #2 for quitting b4 bc I kinda took it like a personal attack/rejection.

I wasn't allowed to do the one thing I used to be allowed to do, such as go down there on my days off to ask questions. Usually stupid questions and quite frequently, like "Did anyone call over what I said yesterday?" or "Am I still kicking ass?" (Note that I didn't actually curse.) I was allowed to do that however often I needed to before I yelled at her. She didn't even act like she minded. After I yelled at her, however, I got my scheduled hours revoked just for going down there on my day off asking about someone else deleting me from facebook. Bottom line, after that incident, she was greatly opposed to me going down there and asking questions whereas b4, she wasn't.

If she told me the real reason for my consequences, she would sound unreasonable bc I haven't really done anything bad. She was just afraid I will. THerefore, she had to make up a reason. Very understandable. Plus, me going down there to ask about someone else deleting me was no different than the shitload of other times I did went down there to ask other (dumbass) questions. I haven't gotten consequences for those other times bc that was b4 I yelled at her.

So reason #2 was bc she wouldn't allow me to bombard her with stupid questions.
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 02:02 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
You're still lying to yourself.
dirrtydozen22

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 02:54 pm
@Butrflynet,
about what?
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 03:03 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
Quote:
I got my scheduled hours revoked just for going down there on my day off asking about someone else deleting me from facebook. Bottom line, after that incident, she was greatly opposed to me going down there and asking questions whereas b4, she wasn't.

If she told me the real reason for my consequences, she would sound unreasonable bc I haven't really done anything bad
You got pushed out because you were not a good team member, which is YOUR fault. Until and unless you are willing to look at yourself and why you keep self destructing you have zero chance of success. Even then you dont have much, because right now you have some internal need to be a failure.

You have a lot of work to do on yourself, and so far you have shown no willingness to do it.
dirrtydozen22

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 03:08 pm
@hawkeye10,
SHe revoked my scheduled hours bc I shouldn't be bombarding her with stupid questions and I did. She used to let me b4 I yelled at her but understandably, she stopped after I yelled.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 06:32 am
Dirty - unless you LEARN from your past mistakes, you are going to repeat them.

You do not have a clear and right vision about what YOU are doing to initiate these problems. Then you rehash them and attmpt to justify your actions, continuing to blame others for the mess.

Again I will repeat - you need to find employment that involves less people skills, perhaps with animals or even your own business.

Your people skills are not strong enough for you to work with others.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 06:59 am
Quote:
...or even your own business.

As someone who has her own business I can tell you DD is the least qualified type of personality to do so. Owning your own business requires you to deal with far more people than you would in a regular job and often requires a lot more self discipline, self analysis and patience. You have to be an excellent negotiator and able to see "the big picture". Owning your own business means you are constantly selling yourself as well as your services or products, DD22 has trouble with just those factors.

DD22, try and find a job where you have as little interaction with people as possible. I agree with Punkey on the animal suggestion, any farms nearby?

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 08:43 am
No animals please, those poor creatures cannot defend themselves. Let her
stock the inventory at the groceries at night.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 12:10 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
dirrtydozen22 wrote:
going down there on my day off asking about someone else deleting me from facebook.

why did you think it was appropriate for you to do this?
dirrtydozen22

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 10:58 am
@ehBeth,
because she used to let me before I screamed at her. After I screamed at her, she became opposed to that.
0 Replies