Marxist theorists believe

tintin

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 01:09 am
Please look at this English text...
Marxist theorists believe that the interests of the working class ultimately align with those of humanity in general. They claim that those who control the means of production are able to unfairly subject the working class to substandard working conditions and wages, while extorting the maximum possible prices for their products from consumers.

wow ....Marxist theory ....nothing understood after reading this confusing text. Im stumbling because of the below .

>>>interests of the working class ultimately
what is this interests by anyway ?

>>align with those of humanity in general.
how come ?

looks very much complicated .

>>>means of production
means == various ways / methods ...is that correct ?

>>>are able to unfairly subject

subject is a verb here ...its like putting action into ..I think.

>>>>while extorting the maximum possible prices for their products from consumers.

who are these consumers ?

If you could elaborate the meaning that will be just wonderful to get the concept.

Thanks for your time.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,899 • Replies: 6
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 01:17 am
wow ....Marxist theory ....nothing understood after reading this confusing text. Im stumbling because of the below .

>>>interests of the working class ultimately
what is this interests by anyway ?
the right to a meaningful wage, respect for the work they do, reasonable working conditions that do not threaten health and well being.

>>align with those of humanity in general.
how come ?
Because they do.
does any human being wish to work in conditions that do not gi\ve the above benfits?

tintin

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 01:20 am
@dadpad,
Yes...beautifully explained....they deserve this .

Could you please explain the other parts please .
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 01:28 am
@tintin,
tintin wrote:

Please look at this English text...
Marxist theorists believe that the interests of the working class ultimately align with those of humanity in general. They claim that those who control the means of production are able to unfairly subject the working class to substandard working conditions and wages, while extorting the maximum possible prices for their products from consumers.

looks very much complicated .

>>>means of production
means == various ways / methods ...is that correct ?
Methods is correct but also supplies. the good needed to manufacture a particular product. Means also refers to the statuatory controls placed on a business. Local state and federal government controls and licences Without these things we cannot manufacture a particular product.

>>>are able to unfairly subject

subject is a verb here ...its like putting action into ..I think.
are able to unfairly MAKE the working class ACCEPT substandard working conditions and wages,

>>>>while extorting the maximum possible prices for their products from consumers.

who are these consumers ?
You, your neighbour, all people who buy the product

0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 01:33 am
Tintin I am not at this time going to provide an explanation of the passage. I believe you are smart enough to work that out yourself with the help i have provided.
Can you work it out for yourself wih a little thought?
tintin

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 02:30 am
@dadpad,
absolutely... That was of great help. ..You have explained they key areas in a nice way. Thanks for your valuable time .
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 10:35 am
There are several things to consider when approaching Marx, which include that he was a man of the 19th C who lived between 1818 and 1883 and whose writing life began in 1843 but that the final volumes of Das Kapital were published after his death; that the technology of his life time was different, so his concept of the means of production would almost be primitive by today's standards; that the meaning of labor is, therefore, different, and, finally and, perhaps, most importantly, that his own writings changed the world.
0 Replies