ommercial development projects

tintin

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 09:40 pm
Please see this English text...

Commercial development projects are a threat to migratory birds; migrating geese, for example, may mistake a wet parking lot for a body of water and suffer serious injuries.

what is a wet parking lot ? I'm not familiar with this. Could you please show what is this ? why its used ?

This seems not present in our location.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 953 • Replies: 4
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 10:08 pm
@tintin,
You must be doing something with your cars when you are not driving them.

A parking lot is an area (usually paved) on which we park cars. When it rains, the do get wet. We prefer them dry, of course. Wet is just one of the things that happens.
tintin

Reply Fri 7 May, 2010 09:54 pm
@roger,
ok ok..so its just a parking lot ....its just wet only...nothing special.

But look what they say ..

Commercial development projects are a threat to migratory birds; migrating geese, for example, may mistake a wet parking lot for a body of water and suffer serious injuries.

Do you really believe that ? how come a development projectss wet parking lot is treated as body of water? I dont get the connection .

point I am trying to make is , is it because those parks are quite big and commercial and so birds just mistake ?
roger

Reply Fri 7 May, 2010 10:51 pm
@tintin,
To be honest, I don't know if aquatic fowl get confused by wet parking lots, or not. Personally, I feel that even if they can't tell the difference, they wouldn't be landing in the middle of a bunch of parked cars.

0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 01:11 am
looking down, from high in the sky, onto a wet open paved area may give the impression of an open body of water to a migratory bird.
the birds may make a mistake and try to land.
I seriously have my doubts about that.
0 Replies