Does she like me?

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 10:01 pm
I've never been in a real relationship with anyone. I've never asked anyone out. And I don't consider myself all that good looking anymore--I gained some pounds since my freshman year.

Well first day of class this term, a girl in the front row catches my eye. She's cute and really pretty. Every class thereafter, she sits right next to me. There are plenty of other seats open, but she sits right next to me.

I see, out of the corner of my eye, sometimes looking at me and she always makes small talk with me. I never initiate the conversation, but she seems to always try to talk with me.

She's in a sorority, which makes me think she already has a boyfriend or in a relationship. Plus, shes from LA/Newport Beach, CA where there is probably guys who are 100 times better looking than me.

Does she like me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,408 • Replies: 9
No top replies

TTH

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 10:18 pm
@bizzywho,
It sounds like at the very least she wants to be friends. Try talking to her and so what if she is in a sorority or comes from a place where guys might be better looking. Maybe she sees something in you that makes you better looking than any other guy she has met so far. What do you have to lose by just talking to her and getting to know her??
Ionus

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 10:38 pm
@bizzywho,
Quote:
Does she like me?
She doesnt hate you. Start a friendship and see where that takes you. Try a study date or work on an assignmant together (beware plagiarism).
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 11:12 pm
@bizzywho,
She certainly sounds like she's trying to be friendly.

Don't be so shy. Try initiating the conversation with her some of the time.

If you would like to get to know her, ask her if she'd like to go have a cup of coffee after class.

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 04:42 am
@bizzywho,
Speaking for sorority girls everywhere, they don't all have boyfriends.

Be pleasant to her. Smile. Act happy to see her (you are, aren't you?). Ask if she'll go for coffee to talk about class. This is not a big thing and it's not even really a date -- it's just two friends getting together. And then see what happens.
Eorl

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 05:44 am
@jespah,
Here's something easy to say but hard to do, but may help enormously.

Forget about what she thinks about you and just focus on finding out things about her. See if you like her. There are so many up sides if you can just manage it.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 06:13 am
Be friends first.
come right out and tell her you feel shy around her even though you like being with her.
Chicks appreciate a little honesty. (i said a little)

you could say... "I know its silly but i get all shy when you are near me but i really enjoy your company".
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 06:27 am
Go for it.

Ask her about some assignment and if she responds, ask if you can walk her to her next class or to the dorm or out for some refreshments.

So what if you are a little heavy. I like guys that are on the big size. Make us feel safe.

There must be something else she likes about you too. (Maybe she thinks you are the smartest one in the class)

Enjoy . . .
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 07:29 am
@TTH,
I'd agree - maybe she wants to be friends with a classmate worst case. Why not ask to meet to study or something related to your class?
0 Replies

Xeridanus

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 10:23 pm
@bizzywho,
best advice in this thread is get to know her and listen to what she is saying. girls love to talk about themselves to anyone who cares. but also be yourself, don't hold back or try too hard for her. she will sense this and think "what are you trying to hide?".

lastly, do whatever comes naturally. I don't mean dive for her pants, that very rarely works. good luck!
0 Replies